• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2023 Feedback Thread

Vesiger

Monarch
Just noticed that as I shuffle the board, a calendar key isn't even one of the available prizes. So I switch to my other world to start playing the winter event there and again, no calendar key amongst the possible prizes.

I was wondering why I hardly ever win a calendar key - but now I see that on many boards, there isn't even one there to win. I won't bother trying to collect the key fragments each day for the rest of this event as there's clearly no point.
Yes, I just noticed that it is now possible to have a board with no keys on it whatsoever - my immediate reaction was to postpone using my stars until tomorrow, but of course that won't change the fact that today simply doesn't have a key at all.
Or does the board regenerate if you open every single present? I don't see how it can, because however lucky you are, the last present in such a case would still have to be the shuffle... and, as I have just inadvertently demonstrated, shuffling a board does *not* produce a key on it!

cnorton

Private
So after all that has been said, I concluded that in principle I was correct to say that the event was tweaked down to have us spend gems if we wanted rewards, maybe not in the main game (stars/matches), but in keys not available in each set. Funny how much uproar that statement caused, yet it was fundamentally correct. :) :)

I think at least once in past I got full calendar, but no memory of when it was. :)

@Vesiger At least some doors can be opened using key fragments, so who knows, with a lot of luck, I mean a loooooooooot of luck, someone might still get the whole calendar, even when some days had no chance for a key. :)

Vesiger

Monarch
@Vesiger At least some doors can be opened using key fragments, so who knows, with a lot of luck, I mean a loooooooooot of luck, someone might still get the whole calendar, even when some days had no chance for a key. :)
I don't normally manage to get a key every day anyway - I was just assuming that the possibility would be theoretically there, even if the chances of repeated success were incredibly unlikely!

Gooders99

Private
Also - one of the daily tasks in order to win key parts = "complete 29 8-hour productions in production buildings".

That's TWENTY-NINE 8 hour productions. Ridiculous nonsense.

Vesiger

Monarch
Also - one of the daily tasks in order to win key parts = "complete 29 8-hour productions in production buildings".

Well, you normally have the chance to reroll one of your random daily tasks for free- I've just altered one for 90 5-minute productions and got 'collect goods' instead.
as I have just inadvertently demonstrated, shuffling a board does *not* produce a key on it!
Weirdly, I managed to hit a shuffle three times on a row while just generally trying to get rid of that board (since it didn't seem to reset overnight), and after the last one - by which time I had completely given up scanning the result to see if it was still the same board or not - the very first thing I hit was the calendar key for today. So I really don't know how it works!

Vesiger

Monarch
As was explained a few posts above, similar to the Summer Event the board no longer drops a key on every board. Rewards on filling the board on the other hand have become better.
Yes, I saw that - the question is whether it then becomes possible to strategically 'skip' the boards with no chance of a key and spend the stars on ones that do, and my initial conclusion was that it wasn't... now I'm just completely confused as per normal ;)

Gooders99

Private
Well, you normally have the chance to reroll one of your random daily tasks for free- I've just altered one for 90 5-minute productions and got 'collect goods' instead.
That's true but I had already used my free reroll because I got the "collect 4000 tavern silver" one, which I've never managed to do. I visit all my friends taverns every day and I believe most of them try to reciprocate but 4000 tavern silver is a stupid target - it basically means you've got to fill your tavern nearly 3 times in a single day and that just doesn't happen for me..

almost 3k diamonds to get the "won" Elves rewards!? Day 5 never once a key!? 24hour productions!? In the hundreds of thousands of Supplies to be paid, with that being very difficult to even generate!? Nah, I'll take the little pickings that happen to come along, but again find this a dud event.

Nidwin

Sergeant
Just wondering but it is it possible freeloaders are starting to burn out on events?

With the calendar and the possible gold league like (1%) building if completed, this winter event is the forth successive event that requires a nearly daily activity to be or try to be successful. And with more stars this winter event it also means more activity required from players.

Deleted member 127677

Switch it

Vesiger

Monarch
Just wondering but it is it possible freeloaders are starting to burn out on events?

With the calendar and the possible gold league like (1%) building if completed, this winter event is the forth successive event that requires a nearly daily activity to be or try to be successful. And with more stars this winter event it also means more activity required from players.
Well I assume that's the idea - Innogames want to encourage people to log in at least once a day. (Apart from the people who already complain that there isn't enough for them to do in GBG when they are logging in every few hours, of course!)

suethegreat

Captain
Switch it
Player already responded that he already switched because collect 4 000 silvers
That's what the supply rush boosts are for, you need a 6hr and to make up another 2 hr then hope you have another 8 hrs spare to fulfill quest...or use a complete all supply productions boost. These things are invaluable for events. The 4000 tavern silver is always a joke relying on other players activity. Even 2500 is a challenge.

Emberguard

Legend
Yes nutcracker guardhouses (level1), my mistake and sorry for that Ice. Also I need 18 and not 15 because I still have 40+ finish all special buildings and they will keep coming and rack up so I need extra massive aid kits for those. It's also possible, who knows, that in the coming events a building may also give fragments for finish all special buildings so I truly don't want to make the mistake to suddenly be short in nutcracker guardhouses.

Doesn’t hurt to have the extra Aid kits. But if you’re doing Finish All Productions (as opposed to Finish Special over and over on just one building)….. each time you use Aid All followed by Finish All you would get another Mass Aid from 15 Nutcracker Guardhouses. You’d want to Mass Aid each time to get all your productions from the buildings that only produce with Aid. If you don’t do the Mass Aid you’d just get coins from most buildings

Baldwin4

Private
Is anyone else finding that there are not many keys available amongst the presents? I have had about two keys total amongst the presents since the event started 8 days ago. I appreciate that the purpose of the event is to make us spend diamonds but reckon inno have got the percentages wrong this time and are spoiling the fun of the event by not including enough keys. Maybe they should simply deducted diamonds as a tax to play the event and increase the odds that we would find keys amongst the presents. As it is, they have produced an event that is not fun and in fact seems a bit pointless because there are too few keys

suethegreat

Captain
on top of the lack of keys is doing a key part daily challenge with an unswitchable quest that relies on other players i.e. sit in 45 taverns. Shouldn't be difficult right with 138 'friends'. So 3 am and still need 6 as so many full taverns. These quests should have a switch feature as not the players fault if they miss out. Setting alarm for 8.55 am...sigh.......missed it by 2.......arghh

Last edited: