• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Will it ever be possible to defend?

DeletedUser7719

lol, we can also forget about perfect battles unless we have 0% defense neighbors :p

DeletedUser4800

Agreed, offensive GB's are so OP its absurd, its absolutely ABSURD.

Puablo

Corporal
A final thing on the topic of Rogues before this thread ends. Why is the defensive program written that the defenders attack the Rogues first? When faced by 7 Rogues and 1 Battle Tank, I would (if I could control my defenders) attack the Battle Tank first! With long range weapons, they would have 16 hits on a B Tank then able to take out the Rogues there after.
If we have no control of the defence tactics, then this area should now be looked at.

DeletedUser

Actualy, defending GBs should be more predominant or equal in number to atacking GBs, there is a great lack of defensive options. You should be able to build walls, trenches, something, depending on the era, plus, there should be a way to setup some sort of a tactic for your defending army, at least prioritisation of targets, that would be something with wich they could start if they want to better the game. And there will still be atackers that will be good at it, it dosnt mean the game has to be so pathethic to acomodate everyone and make them feel good just becouse they are incapable of doing better, not everyone is a great general, most people arnt even good generals. So, in conclusion, the game dosnt need to be dumbed down just so everyone can win, if you dont know what you are doing, if you cant get victories that are profitable, then just dont atack.

DeletedUser99445

I need it dumbing down. Wont know what to do if they change it.

Sp32

Master Corporal
A final thing on the topic of Rogues before this thread ends. Why is the defensive program written that the defenders attack the Rogues first? When faced by 7 Rogues and 1 Battle Tank, I would (if I could control my defenders) attack the Battle Tank first! With long range weapons, they would have 16 hits on a B Tank then able to take out the Rogues there after.
If we have no control of the defence tactics, then this area should now be looked at.

I agree.

It would be good if you could set your defensive troops to automatically attack a certain type over others, like prioritise their enemies, something to add customisation to the defense..

DeletedUser14621

The auto defence isn't very logical for example Rogues, my defence army seems to attack them first. Converting his whole 7 Rogues to Tanks. This has no logic, the computer doesn't give a good defence, if it attacked the highest next value than the Rogues it would mean that the attackers army was weaker and the computer would behave in a way that was similar to a person or better still leave the Rogues till last as they would have nothing to change into and die.

I also notice the computer makes little effort to move into safe positions out of the range of the attacker. Or if the range is irrelevant it should move to the most forward position to give it more choice of attack on the next turn. Or to a position that means it won't get attacked by more than one piece. Also it makes little use of the blocking defensive line protecting weaker range units. In fact the tactics in the earlier ages pre-industrial are much better.

Could the performance of the game in auto defence be improved. If not perhaps it might be an idea that if someone is playing during an attack to his city, then he has a choose to play his own defence. There could be a timer for each move to avoid over delays. Also there could be a bonus to the attacker if they still win the battle and the defender losses more say 2 instead of 1.

DeletedUser99445

So basically then...........
despite having Attack Boosts Capped, Bogus Watchfires Available, Monastery Defence Building and more to Defend your City........you still feel that you don't have enough of an edge on the competition. You need to have the AI improved to help defend your city.
Honestly guys, some of the things you all moan about. It's not hard to see why Women are superior (sorry :( off topic again)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99445

Just to clarify the edit in my post above. I did not swear, I stated that women were the superior sx but I spelt it with an e between the s and the x.
During my 49 years on planet earth, the word in question has never been raised as a swear word

DeletedUser99588

Just to clarify the edit in my post above. I did not swear, I stated that women were the superior sx but I spelt it with an e between the s and the x.
During my 49 years on planet earth, the word in question has never been raised as a swear word

Lol, I came across this a while back as well and had to use the word gender instead.

DeletedUser99445

The bit that tickled me most is that Someone reported my Post AGAIN! Forum can be such fun.
I think someone/s is/are reading all my posts in great detail looking for anything to report me for. LOL
I May have one or more stalkers :) ooops! all of topic again. Sorry! :)
So will it ever be possible to defend? Hmmm a complicated question indeed. Thoughts people?

DeletedUser8813

it must be i have not been attacked for so long..but then my 370%def may have something to do with that..:)

DeletedUser653

You completely missed the point Bartimaeus... I know I will have some enemies (for no reason at all by the way) and so I would like to have just a chance to defend my city. Right now I have no chance. 0%. None. The attacking and defending system is broken.

Crunchyz - even if you had 2 spears V's 8 tanks you still have a defense, collect the goods on time !!

DeletedUser15432

I have production buildings on 8 of my 9 worlds and will at some point reinstate the production on the ninth world when I have more room (removed the production because I was being plundered daily by the same player and have sufficient goods from Gb's to compensate)

I keep a record of what battles I have fought on each world, points totals, forge point costs, boosted goods, great buildings, levels and unlocked levels for all constructed Gb's, premium buildings placed in cities, population and the amount of happiness provided by Gb's cultural (premium and standard), decorations (premium and standard) and roads

Also included are attack and defence stats and total costs for all forge points purchased

If and when I attack someone, if they have an untidy city I will do some tidying up in the following order - goods, coins, supplies

I call this an environmental tax for collecting the rubbish

DeletedUser99445

I have production buildings on 8 of my 9 worlds and will at some point reinstate the production on the ninth world when I have more room (removed the production because I was being plundered daily by the same player and have sufficient goods from Gb's to compensate)

I keep a record of what battles I have fought on each world, points totals, forge point costs, boosted goods, great buildings, levels and unlocked levels for all constructed Gb's, premium buildings placed in cities, population and the amount of happiness provided by Gb's cultural (premium and standard), decorations (premium and standard) and roads

Also included are attack and defence stats and total costs for all forge points purchased

If and when I attack someone, if they have an untidy city I will do some tidying up in the following order - goods, coins, supplies

I call this an environmental tax for collecting the rubbish

You either have way too much time for this game or just not that active if you can keep records of everything.
I think if I was keeping records of every battle I had, I would end up fighting much much less than I do.

DeletedUser102246

FIX the AI DEFENSE!

I'm saying if the AI was smarter, they would just take out that 1 tank, then finish off the rogues (no units can hide that well against a mech artillery)

EXACTLY. A simple change to the AI Defense algorithm would be a tremendous step in the right direction towards balancing PvP: IF (Attacker's army has 5-7 Rogues) THEN Attack the non-Rogue units First.

I am sick and tired of being attacked and plundered daily by 7 Rogues +1 regular unit, a force I could easily defeat if *I* was allowed to conduct my own city's defense. My battles on the continent map against similar forces in HMA have confirmed this.

It isn't rocket science, it's simple programming. It requires no other alterations to the current GBs or any other aspect of the game. GET IT DONE!