• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Will it ever be possible to defend?

DeletedUser

yes your right byeordie that should be what the ai does and i dont know why it doesn't

The new AI on the campaign map does precisely that... but the bonus to that is you are finally able to use that massive attack bonus of unconverted rogues... you just have to take a few less rogues with you now... maybe only 5 or 6 :))

I also find if you have the B Tanks and 150% Attack you can quite easily go through the hood with minimal loses doing 90% of the fights on auto and just doing the first 1/3 of the battle for the other 10% manually then letting auto finish it off... I've found that one or two active players switch their defences, but most can't be bothered anymore and I'm also in a top hood....

You must have the patience of a saint Desy :)

I should add though that if it's obvious i'm going to take big losses on a fight I withdraw... I don't chase every possible PvP point anymore...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13805

The new AI on the campaign map does precisely that... but the bonus to that is you are finally able to use that massive attack bonus of unconverted rogues... you just have to take a few less rogues with you now... maybe only 5 or 6 :))

lol i knew there would be a work around i was going to add that bit in to my reply that the lads will soon work out a way around it : )

DeletedUser5904

I have not argued that I need anything, why do you insist on being dishonest Desy? I am simply stating that I believe that since the game is grossly exaggerated to benefit the attacker that the attack vs defense aspect of PVP is broken. And while I am a guildmate of PBA on EN6, my main town is on EN7 where I have 350% defense and can still add another 70% by leveling my defensive GB's to max. Combine that with the fact that our neighborhood is almost like a second guild due to KingJoseph2000's hard work leading a non-plunder alliance I don't need anything. But those people who don't have 50 watchfire towers or a neighborhood that actually cooperates with one another do need some help to level the playing field.

DeletedUser13805

I have not argued that I need anything, why do you insist on being dishonest Desy? I am simply stating that I believe that since the game is grossly exaggerated to benefit the attacker that the attack vs defense aspect of PVP is broken. And while I am a guildmate of PBA on EN6, my main town is on EN7 where I have 350% defense and can still add another 70% by leveling my defensive GB's to max. Combine that with the fact that our neighborhood is almost like a second guild due to KingJoseph2000's hard work leading a non-plunder alliance I don't need anything. But those people who don't have 50 watchfire towers or a neighborhood that actually cooperates with one another do need some help to level the playing field.

i give up with you no matter what i say you ignore and try to find anything you can to come back at me with
so i am a liar now am i ok fine, i enjoy telling lies it makes me look good

now your defense is 350% if i attacked you with 8 tanks and you had 8 conscripts you would wipe me out so how much more defense does anyone want ?
i couldnt beat your defense its as simple as that with just 8 tanks at 150 % attack def
now its not my fault if you defend with 8 tanks as 8 tanks would be easy to beat but not 8 conscripts or if i attacked with 8 snippers and you had 8 tanks again you would wipe me out
so really how can anyone need a better defence ? what you need is to change your defence to try to stop the attackers but if there coming at you with 7 rogues then i dont really know what the outcome would be as i dont have any but for defense there high enough
now can you please respond to the facts i have just given you on troops and how you can justify needing anymore defense at all ? as its not needed in my view

DeletedUser

I agree that certainly if I attacked with 8 conscripts and the defender had 8 snipers it's goodbye conscripts if I press auto... but I placed 8 mech.art on defensive duties today to try to at least slightly frustrate an attacker who was coming visiting with 1 B.Tank and 7 rogues and he lost not 1 troop and only 2 were damaged and that was only a couple of bars.... I have a 270+ defence (more if I want to waste some squares) and he had 150% attack... surely something is weighted wrong if that can happen ??

DeletedUser7719

Yea, (battle) tanks are overpowered. Took out a defense of 1 battle tank and 7 bazookas with 364% defense and lost only 2 or 3 of them...

DeletedUser13805

I agree that certainly if I attacked with 8 conscripts and the defender had 8 snipers it's goodbye conscripts if I press auto... but I placed 8 mech.art on defensive duties today to try to at least slightly frustrate an attacker who was coming visiting with 1 B.Tank and 7 rogues and he lost not 1 troop and only 2 were damaged and that was only a couple of bars.... I have a 270+ defence (more if I want to waste some squares) and he had 150% attack... surely something is weighted wrong if that can happen ??

that i can not argue with as the rogues take the hit for the first round and thats what makes that battle unfair if they didnt have the rogues and had to attack with real units then the outcome would be different
the hoodies in my hood know i can beat there defences because of the ai etc but the one thing there good at is trying to catch me out by putting in different troops each day so if i attack with tanks you can bet tomorrow they will swap to 8 long range in defence i will still win the battle but i will of lost a unit now if you muiltiply that by 80 in a hood that could be as much as 80 units a day i could lose and who on earth could keep up attacking losing that many units ???
the rogues are very much well over powered and the ai targets them first instead of trying to kill off the 1 unit, so for that i would suggest some tweaking is needed not to defence but towards the units like rogues

DeletedUser

.....i would suggest some tweaking is needed not to defence but towards the units like rogues

NO !!!! no more castrating items that were hard/expensive to acquire/build, this game is already rapidly making long term strategy pointless... they already nuked the PvP points advantage the rogue gave... the rogue problem came about because of a lack of foresight and including them in the Alcatraz production line instead of keeping them rare.... something I benefited from immensely, but at the time even I could see that it removed the repair/create downside to rogues... A player can potentially have 9 rogues a day now from 1 Rogue Hideout....

My point was that I took in theory the right unit (bazookas not yet available to me) against b.tanks... yes... the first 7 shots are wasted... but I should have been guaranteed to still have at least taken out 1 enemy unit even on a plain terrain... and if the attacker was really unlucky with the terrain he should lose half.... but not even 1... imagine I was using the wrong troop units or hadn't had 1,000's of fp's invested into my defensive GB's... the attacker wouldn't even have lost a bar... what challenge is that ???

The only answer now is a new special unit... The Spy Plane.... converts all rogues in the opposing army on the first turn but virtually no offensive abilities... that would at least cause some interesting dilemmas....

DeletedUser13805

NO !!!! no more castrating items that were hard/expensive to acquire/build, this game is already rapidly making long term strategy pointless... they already nuked the PvP points advantage the rogue gave... the rogue problem came about because of a lack of foresight and including them in the Alcatraz production line instead of keeping them rare.... something I benefited from immensely, but at the time even I could see that it removed the repair/create downside to rogues... A player can potentially have 9 rogues a day now from 1 Rogue Hideout....

My point was that I took in theory the right unit (bazookas not yet available to me) against b.tanks... yes... the first 7 shots are wasted... but I should have been guaranteed to still have at least taken out 1 enemy unit even on a plain terrain... and if the attacker was really unlucky with the terrain he should lose half.... but not even 1... imagine I was using the wrong troop units or hadn't had 1,000's of fp's invested into my defensive GB's... the attacker wouldn't even have lost a bar... what challenge is that ???

i can only give my experiences of my hood in pvp and i wish i had it easy with my hoodies but i dont, if they would all only put in 8 tanks as defense it would make my game easy as i would be able to auto battle and not lose a single unit.

but the point is they dont they put in all sorts of units so i never know what i am going to face so i always or most of the time have to pick a varied attack, so for me its all about right and how it should be as i should have to work for my points and not face easy auto points so maybe i am the lucky one as i have hoodies that try to play the game even though they know there defense will be beaten they also know the best way to stop lots of people attacking them is to put in a defense that will kill at least one unit or injure them
no its not ideal and i agree defenses that strong should be able to kill at least 1 or 2 units but that is my points on the guys who have 200% or more defense they do have the power to inflict injurys but i think many will just stick in one defense only and leave it alone which makes it far to easy for the attacker

DeletedUser

well... you are unlucky... someone in your hood is on a mega plundering spree to bring out that reaction from the players... most of my hood have got very lethargic about their defence (including me usually)... apart from the few highly active and ambitious, you only tend to see a lot of PvP activity on a Sunday with the mad last dash for some medals...

I just think something needs adjusting in the game if your in a strong hood with big attack bonuses and the only way to really frustrate an attacker you don't like is to leave them just 1 spearman.

DeletedUser13805

well... you are unlucky... someone in your hood is on a mega plundering spree to bring out that reaction from the players... most of my hood have got very lethargic about their defence (including me usually)... apart from the few highly active and ambitious, you only tend to see a lot of PvP activity on a Sunday with the mad last dash for some medals...

there is no plundering in my hood its not worth it as most can beat each others defenses so its a thing of the past plundering but it is a healthy competition for the towers although one or two big names have kinda given up now as they can not find the time to put in a challenge as it does take hours to complete the hood so the idea of making defenses even harder = more rounds in a single battle and more hours needed to complete and already players have given up now as they really dont have the time so what is the answer ?
i would opt to give up all boosts and let people fight with just the troops they have rather than boosted slingers that can kill units it should never ever be able to kill and then players could only moan about defenses as the ai would take control and i would agree with them on that side of things the ai doesnt help and is easy to beat in an ideal game players could defend there towns manual or be able to program there units to attack units in some sort of order : )
but other than that we are stuck with what we have and from my side of the fence i really dont want to spend even more hours trying to gain enough points to win a tower and its the only reason i play the game as farming is bordom king size for me : )

DeletedUser14782

I am attacked by number one guy in my hood and i never lose, and i have zero defense GBs.

DeletedUser

I am attacked by number one guy in my hood and i never lose, and i have zero defense GBs.

There's not many guarantees in life apart from death, taxes... and a few others... getting your defences breached eventually when you have zero defence GB's is probably somewhere in that list ;)

DeletedUser14782

i know right, the thing is that many people don't want to lose fighters, so they surrwnder ata full army

DeletedUser

This would improve defence system:

- Defence should IGNORE ROGUES.

People will still be able to win but with more losses and less PvP points

DeletedUser8813

This would improve defence system:

- Defence should IGNORE ROGUES.

People will still be able to win but with more losses and less PvP points

the modern era map battles did exactly that...and all it took was a slight change in tactics,,still the 7 rogue 1 tank attack,,i got to kill more units with the rogues great first hit..than i have since rogues were introduced..and no increase in unit loses on my side..
so i cant see a loss in pvp points that way

DeletedUser7719

It would of been smarter to charge with 8 tanks: only have had a max damage of 4 hp when versing about more than half the map by now

DeletedUser8813

It would of been smarter to charge with 8 tanks: only have had a max damage of 4 hp when versing about more than half the map by now

i actually cleared the map the day it was released and did 3/4 of it with snipers...only used the tanks on the last couple