• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Will it ever be possible to defend?

DeletedUser12149

The game developers love saying that certain issues/features are there to add challenge to the game... so where is the challenge for attacking armies? It is absolutely impossible to defend against someone who has played for about the same length of time as you, or even less. I have almost 300% def bonus from great buildings, and I can't defend my city.

A lot of this has been said before, but it needs to be said again. Why do "attack" great buildings give both attack and defense, and "defense" great buildings give only that? Do you know nothing about war? The defender in a siege usually has a huge advantage in reality, while in this game it is the opposite. Where is the challenge for attackers?

I have wasted a lot of building space by trying to raise my defense, and it is all basically useless. I can't even defend my city against people who have been playing for a lot less time than I have. There is no balance between bonuses for attacking and defending, and there is no challenge for people who just farm their neighbors all day long.

Maybe a bigger defense great building could be added, like Alcatraz that you made for attackers so they could farm more, or let me build towers for defending units to shoot from etc., but whatever you make for defenders would probably be a waste of space anyway. I've played this game for a long time... and the unbalanced nature of attacking and defending hasn't changed so far, and I don't really expect it to, but I had to say something.

DeletedUser13805

with a defense of 300% you have a great defense as it is
lower players couldn't beat your defense so what is the problem ? and if you mean players who have worked just as hard to gain there attack boosts then you have to remember it is a game and if you had a defense no one could beat then that would leave you able to attack anyone else and plunder them and get away with it etc so a balance has to be drawn. and with a 300% defense i think your town is safe from a lot of players so its doing its job but it will not keep out stronger attackers and surely thats what happens in war the stronger attackers overpower the best defenses ?

DeletedUser7719

Let's put it this way: if defenses were too strong, the amount who PvP will drop drasticallly, and there will only be a few PvP players left with an abundance of farmers that will most likely get plundered since the attacker now needs more money to supply his army

DeletedUser4089

Maybe defensive buildings will become more useful as the game continues to progress. We're not playing the finished article by a long way, remember.

And we can hope for one day being able to control your own defence.

DeletedUser7990

I don't think it would be a problem if plunder weren't a part of this game. This is what makes it more annoying, and they try and make it so you go onto the game, but there are times when you can't. I have a choice with resources of 1 day or 8 hours. No 12 hours. So I either get plundered or go for 1 day which is a lot slower, even though I do spend quite a bit of time on the game. I have to SLEEP and it takes more than 8 hours.

DeletedUser5514

On those days when i make attacks against neighbours, i usually plunder them to compensate my daily losses, since defenses were improved not so long ago.

DeletedUser12149

I don't think it would be a problem if plunder weren't a part of this game. This is what makes it more annoying, and they try and make it so you go onto the game, but there are times when you can't. I have a choice with resources of 1 day or 8 hours. No 12 hours. So I either get plundered or go for 1 day which is a lot slower, even though I do spend quite a bit of time on the game. I have to SLEEP and it takes more than 8 hours.

Exactly. I don't spend my whole life on this game, and I can't always be sitting here waiting to collect my goods. I thought something would have been done about this whole defense thing a long time ago... this was something that should have been fixed in beta.

DeletedUser4089

Most people manage to figure out tat if you can only get on once a day, do a 1 day production, it's not too hard to get on in time to collect once a day.

You can also try talking to your plunderers, ask them to stop, make a deal to polivate them once a day to avoid plunder, or give FPs to their GBs. It's an online empire game, so sometimes you have to negotiate.

If that doesn't work, it's an online empire game, sometimes you have enemies and if you can't handle it...

DeletedUser12149

You completely missed the point Bartimaeus... I know I will have some enemies (for no reason at all by the way) and so I would like to have just a chance to defend my city. Right now I have no chance. 0%. None. The attacking and defending system is broken.

DeletedUser4089

So, because the game isn't specifically designed around every aspect of your life, that makes it broken? Don't think so.

And you do have a chance, I manage to defend my city. Mostly with unattached units. And a few defensive boosters. So I know it's possible. Saying you have 0% chance is just childish.

DeletedUser13805

You completely missed the point Bartimaeus... I know I will have some enemies (for no reason at all by the way) and so I would like to have just a chance to defend my city. Right now I have no chance. 0%. None. The attacking and defending system is broken.

so if i attack your town with 8 slingers your telling me you couldnt defend against it ?
you said you had a 300% defence the players in my hood who have that type of defence boost cause me problems they swap there defences daily trying to cause me to lose at least 1 unit as they know i will win there defence but its still not easy and thats how the game should be
now if i use the wrong troops i wouldnt beat there defence or if they keep on putting in the same defence i will be able to put in troops to win with ease so if i was you i would swap your troops around daily and try to cause as much damage to your attackers as you can that initself can put players off attacking if they lose to many units
it all mounts up

DeletedUser5904

Heh it's amazing how completely stubborn some people can be. While I don't agree 100% with the original poster that defense is a broken system, the responses that dismiss his claims out of hand are utterly ridiculous because he is correct on more than one front. Simply put the game has been weighted heavily in the attackers favor since the beginning of this game due to the AI system, and was only exacerbated by the disparity between offensive and defensive great buildings. Now do I think a drastic change is in order? No I don't but there has to be a way to bring the system a little closer to parity. Whether it's a 2% offensive boost per level to the defensive GB's or another defensive GB introduced or other buildings that increase defense and/or attack for defending armies something should be done.

I mean if Innogames is willing to effectively ruin the goods producing GB's to balance the ME expansion and increase the "challenge" factor, buildings that had been in game for over a year virtually untouched, then they should be willing to fix one of the most unbalanced aspects of their game which is attack vs defense disparity.

The Tominator

Sergeant
i totally agree with you coltan1313
150% attack bonus can beat 300% how ridiculous is that
Attacking should be down to skill by using the bonus sectors on a battle field wisely and to your advantage
but alas i have 322% def bonus and still get beat..and they hardly take damage....boring boring boring

DeletedUser13805

Attacking should be down to skill by using the bonus sectors on a battle field wisely and to your advantage
but alas i have 322% def bonus and still get beat..and they hardly take damage....boring boring boring

the only fair way would be to get rid of all the bonuses from all the castles no defence bonus and no attack bonus that way its back to useing troops so there would be no argument over it then as all would be fair

DeletedUser5904

the only fair way would be to get rid of all the bonuses from all the castles no defence bonus and no attack bonus that way its back to useing troops so there would be no argument over it then as all would be fair

Yep as we all know throwing out the baby along with the bathwater is the best and most logical means of solving any problem :rolleyes:

DeletedUser13805

Yep as we all know throwing out the baby along with the bathwater is the best and most logical means of solving any problem :rolleyes:

there is no pleasing some people, you seem to want a defence that no one can beat and that will make you happy but then if we can not defeat your great defences then why would anyone want to attack anymore ?
with a 300% or more boost its more than enough to keep out weaker players so what more do you want ?

DeletedUser96901

great idea
lets make more GBs useless :eek:

150% attack equals 525% defense bonus

so you are far away from defending your city successful

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General

I'm not sure I follow. I attacked someone using 8 Battle Tanks with 110% A/D against a defence of 8 Battle Tanks with 444% D..I lost 3 (and 3 on 1 health too I might add hehehee)

Last edited:

DeletedUser13805

great idea
lets make more GBs useless :eek:

it is a great idea it would mean more space in your town for barracks and players would have to learn how to fight useing the map and the troops instead of the auto button
lets face it people moan as there defences get breached or there moaning because they dont get enough from castles so get rid of the castles and it gets rid of a lot of moans : )

DeletedUser5904

there is no pleasing some people, you seem to want a defence that no one can beat and that will make you happy but then if we can not defeat your great defences then why would anyone want to attack anymore ?
with a 300% or more boost its more than enough to keep out weaker players so what more do you want ?

I will preface my statement by stating for the record that there is "nothing more that I want". I am only defending the factual point that the original poster made in reference to the inequity between attacking and defending armies and the imbalance in the PVP system.

I gotta ask Desy, do you EVER offer up anything other than elementary straw man arguments? Only a willfully ignorant or purposefully obtuse individual can say, with a straight face, that there is equity between attacking and defending armies in this game. And when people posit small changes that would bring the PVP system closer to balance you counter that with more exaggeration, hyperbole and bluster while hoping they break even more content in the process.

You haven't made a valid point in this thread yet (and I would be hard pressed to find more than a few accidentally valid points in the entirety of your posting history) so why are you even here other than to blindly defend those things which benefit your play style even though they are broken? Are you afraid that Innogames will institute another groundbreaking "challenge" except this time it will whiz in your Wheaties?

I am sure a player with your particular set of skills can overcome those challenges...lol.