• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why is it that difficult to get goods on the market . Especially iron age goods. I need these goods

DeletedUser110480

Why is it that difficult to get goods on the market ? Especially iron age goods. I need those goods to unlock levels at GE. There are 81769 players in Dinegu .

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
You only have access to your immediate neighbours in the market: eighty players, not eighty thousand.
Plus friends: try making some friends requests to people in the right age.

DeletedUser108379

Are your trades fair? Are they small enough for players to be able to fulfill and big enough to be worth 1 FP?

What is with your guild, can not one help there?

DeletedUser110255

Get into a guild that does good trading. ask for iron age goods in exchange for your offerings. Its only iron age so give some middle aged goods for them.

sarn53

Private
It's not really a question of having the full amount of friends or being in a good or bad guild, I am in two worlds and it is becoming a big problem in getting the goods needed to produce goods and the main reason for not getting a good selection of goods in the market place is because everyone in the hood are in the same era, if the hood had a variety of era's like they used to then this would go a long way in solving the issue, I have had trades in the market that only have a few hours to run and then they will be removed, my guild which I might add is a very helpful guild, have helped where they can, and before someone suggests changing guilds, that is not an option, also the way people trade is changing, there are some offering goods like talc, which have no use to anyone other than those in that era, for nanowire, why would they think that someone in Arctic Future would want talc, I know that is probably something that FoE can't stop and also it seems to be the normal thing now to trade either 2 / 3 eras up or down, whereas before it was 1 era up or down for a fair trade. If this problem does not get sorted soon I might just demolish both of my cities and say goodbye, as it is becoming a big headache, which is a shame as I have been playing this game for a long time.

dimondus

Captain
Trades like Talk for Nanowire probably for people who stockpiling for the Arctic age GB, just don't pay attention to those.
Easy solution is to contact people who has needed goods directly or through ingame chat and then add them as friends (maybe temporarily).

Emberguard

Legend
TL;DR If you're not doing it already, as soon as the goods you're producing is reasonably above the other goods you have, create a trade. Don't wait until you need a trade to put up a trade. You'll only make yourself frustrated with waiting if you don't prepare beforehand. Try building 2 of each goods building in the ages you need supplies (the ones you have the goods deposits on the continent map for), and 1 in the "redundant" ages at least until you have a decent stored amount so you can stockpile incase something comes up later that you weren't expecting. (this would be why people have 2-3 era trades, they weren;t expecting and didn't prepare adequately).

--- --- --- ---​

I'm not finding a problem on Houndsmoor or Korch. Not once I've laid a foundation of the appropriate number of goods buildings to be able to put up decent trades. I usually trade at 100 for 100 goods within the same age (or between 20 and 50 really early on). Thing is I put my trades up before I need them, just trading whichever I've got surplus of (the goods I'm producing) for whatever I've currently got less of. Then forget about them and have a pleasant surprise when the notification says the trade was accepted. It can take a while because there are those in my guild and neighbourhood that also put up trades for the same goods moreso then for other goods (we probably both produce the same things) so certain goods have a surplus of availability in trades. But generally they end up being taken up by someone within the time limit of expiration, and if they don't I don't notice. I've already got plenty of goods.

If you happen to be in houndsmoor and don't have a guild already I'd be willing to trade with you when you need iron age goods as long as you're not offering iron or limestone. I only trade within my guild so I don't have to spend forge points @sarn53 @Vicmor 700

How many goods producing buildings do you have? I'm using 2 iron, 2 limestone, 2 copper and 1 wine buildings in Houndsmoor (For Korch I have 2 dyes, 2 Wines, and 1 Jewellery. Again no trading problems). It allows a fairly quick turnover of goods production so I can get more trades out there.

Prior to joining a guild on Korch I too found frustration in getting the goods needed to advance. But it was also a time thing. I hadn't been in the game long enough to build up the supplies necessary to send out continuous trades, and I had only built 1 of each goods building, not 2 so progress was slow at first.

For "redundant" age goods I'd aim for about 300-400 in stock of everything in that age before getting rid of your production completely. It might be overkill, but it'll leave room for GB's and negotiations

Last edited:

dimondus

Captain
While I agree with previous post, I need to add an important note. Trading in FoE only possible between your neighbors, guildmates and friends. In best case scenario you'll have 70-80 neighbors, 30-50 guildies and around 80-100 friends. As you can see its around 200-220 people in total.
So you need:
1. Join active guild.
2. Send invitations to active neighbors so that after 2 week rotation you'll have them in your friends list (then repeat).
3. Try not to include guild members into your friends list because it lower total amount of buyers/sellers.
4. Try to post less offers with more goods in each one (for example, 4x 10 iron to 5 copper will be harder to trade than 40 iron for 20 copper because neighbors and friends need to pay 1 fp for each small offer)

DeletedUser110131

@Vicmor 700 : Basically what @Emberguard and @Dimondus said. Some elaborations, though:

Keeping your FL at 130 +/- 10 is perfectly possible, though the going will be slower from 100 and up. You'll want to have friends from many eras; while you can still invite, focus on late era players. Same era players will be sending you invitations throughout the game, so don't "waste" your invites on them. Lower era players are often n00bs, and will invite only from their neighborhood and the "Find Friends" suggestion box. If you ask in Global Chat, though, it shouldn't be too hard to get some invites from them. Make sure to kick inactives from your FL on a regular basis; you don't want it to be completely full, ever; keeping an inactive player on a full FL, means not getting invitations from active players. One method of identifying inactives, is to aid from Event History, and then check who's left unaided on your FL. Those will be the ones that haven't aided you for one week. Be more lenient with those from "rare" eras, and those who have proved themselves before, but don't be sentimental. Make sure to aid and visit taverns as often as you can; being a good friend will make you good friends, and keep them from kicking you. There are a lot of good reasons to keep a healthy FL, and trade is one of them.

If some good is just plain impossible to get through the Market alone, look around your neighborhood and FL, find someone with a high production of what you need, and drop them a PM offering a good deal. Worst case, offer some FPs to their favorite GB. I've gotten requests like that, and have always offered them a fair trade (no FPs), provided they've had the goods for that, otherwise just enough FPs that I don't look like a chump. I know there are plenty of others out there, who will give a decent deal, if asked.

also the way people trade is changing, there are some offering goods like talc, which have no use to anyone other than those in that era, for nanowire, why would they think that someone in Arctic Future would want talc
Are you sure those aren't simply FP for goods trades? The one paying with FPs will usually offer early era goods for much later era goods. The real deal is FPs and late era goods; the low era goods are just a means of facilitating the deal. Talc is well suited, as the Talc Cutter requires little space, and little population. The undesirable deal (Talc for Nanowire) is the one that will be put up, as the other way around (Nanowire for Talc) might get snatched up by a third party.

Why is it that difficult to get goods on the market ? Especially iron age goods. I need those goods to unlock levels at GE. There are 81769 players in Dinegu .

It sounds like you are not in a really active guild @Vicmor 700 . I recently started on 2 worlds and in both my guilds have a senior player or two who helps out the newer guys by mopping up their trades.

@sarn53 .... Many of those trades are as @Einrikr says are goods for FP trades to facilitates GB builds above the players level and the actual goods received are a bonus for the receiver. Much more annoying are those players placing tiny amounts of goods which are a waste of FP's to buy.