• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What should I use diamonds on?

DeletedUser

Hi, im new to the game and just wondering what I shold be spending my diamonds, on, bear in mind I wont be buying and so won't have a big supply!

DeletedUser1009

Expansions, would be the consensus. You're gonna need the land when your buildings get bigger.

DeletedUser

That was my thinking too, just wanted to make sure. I'll have to get saving, thanks. :)

DeletedUser6461

With Diamond, you can buy:
Expansions,
Premium Houses
Premium Production Buildings
Premium Cultural Buildings
Premium Decoration
Roads
Forge Points
Blue Prints

Also you can use your diamonds to:
heal your troops
boost all your productions
Instantly complete your researches
Instantly scout to new provinces
Negotiate sectors
Unlock extra slots (units) on military buildings
etc...

DeletedUser

With Diamond, you can buy:
Expansions,
Premium Houses
Premium Production Buildings
Premium Cultural Buildings
Premium Decoration
Roads
Forge Points
Blue Prints

Also you can use your diamonds to:
heal your troops
boost all your productions
Instantly complete your researches
Instantly scout to new provinces
Negotiate sectors
Unlock extra slots (units) on military buildings
etc...

I've seen mostly what I can spend on, imo using to instantly build buildings or heal troops is a waste as it costs so much considering the small amount you get. I was just looking for others opinions on the best way to spend them!

Amy Steele

General
Hi, im new to the game and just wondering what I shold be spending my diamonds, on, bear in mind I wont be buying and so won't have a big supply!

Like you I don't buy diamonds, so use them sparingly... so far (and I have been playing since end of January) I have bought 1 premium decoration, and 1 premium cultural building, both of which I really liked the look of and wanted in my city. Like you I also don't see the point of wasting diamonds on instantly healing military units and scouting provinces, nor on buying houses which I will only want to upgrade in later ages, if I am not going to buy any. I am also considering using some to buy an expansion, but imo buying premium cultural buildings is the best use for quest reward diamonds for a non-diamond player.

DeletedUser

The first expansions which cost 200 diamonds would be the first things. They will last you the entire game and should never become obsolete. I'd go so far as to say that all the expansions in the game are more important than the other premium items. You could buy a cultural or production building, but eventually it would become obsolete and if you don't get many diamonds then I'd suggest you want their effect to be as long lasting as possible.

A case might be made for the final blueprint of St. Marks or Lighthouse. If you are early in the game and can construct those GBs with just 1 more blueprint then biting the bullet and getting that last BP with diamonds might be worth it. The % bonus you get from just the first level of those two buildings is dramatic.

DeletedUser17220

i used all my diamonds on expansions, and also 50 to unlock the fifth slot of rogue hideout during the easter event

DeletedUser3315

A case might be made for the final blueprint of St. Marks or Lighthouse. If you are early in the game and can construct those GBs with just 1 more blueprint then biting the bullet and getting that last BP with diamonds might be worth it. The % bonus you get from just the first level of those two buildings is dramatic.

^This and the 200 diamond expansions - having st marks and lighthouse asap really makes a huge difference to progression.

DeletedUser

Personally, I find premium cultural buildings well worth the cost. There's no doubt expansions are important and a good buy, as mentioned above. But i've always felt that the generous happiness provided by premium cultural buildings allows for crucial extra free space that's saved from the several non premiums you'd need to build to provide the same amount of happiness the premiums provide.

DeletedUser

However, a premium cultural building is only good for 2 or 3 ages and then it becomes worse that the later age's cultural buildings.

Whereas an expansion does not devalue over time and allows you to use it's space for extra happiness if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Marty is correct, and that's why I stated expansions are always worth it. Cultural buildings in my opinion, are next in line behind expansions, as I feel they hold their value longer than residential and supply production buildings. Decorations are actually not a bad spend either. I bought a couple cypress trees back in the early middle ages, and I still have them, even through completing the PE. They still provide more happiness than any other non premium 1x1 deco.

DeletedUser

Am using diamonds for thing that are very hard to get and need and extended period of time.
So i always use Diamonds for G.B's. However if i do not have space i obviously go for expansions.

DeletedUser

Am using diamonds for thing that are very hard to get and need and extended period of time.
So i always use Diamonds for G.B's. However if i do not have space i obviously go for expansions.

I would argue that getting BPs may be frustrating to get but you are only saving yourself time (rather than gaining something that is otherwise impossible to gain) - in the end you will get that final BP if you polish/motivate and trade BPs enough without spending any diamonds.

However, I know what you mean as I have completed the Lighthouse of Alexandria on all of the worlds I play on except one - which stubbornly refuses to give me that final BP even though I feel that I must have had at least 30 lighthouse BPs on that world (just that none of them have been the correct one and trading hasn't helped).

DeletedUser653

Personally my priority is:
1) Expansions, more valuable than anything else as the only thing that lasts from bronze to PA.
2) Last BP for a GB and only the last one and only for a GB which is a good one (lots of debate about what are the best ones elsewhere).
3) Cultural building, larger ones provide a massive increase in happiness for the space and thus save space, but only good for about 3 ages.
4) Urgent needs if really, really, really, really stuck!

But if you bought the 13,000 package then these rules are rubbish and you can freely spend them :), but beware 13,000 does not last many ages if you are spending freely! :(

DeletedUser3157

My priorties are:

1) Scouting. Usually that means automatic scouting of new provinces when new age comes, so I can get it all done within 1-2 days. I play for rankings point, so getting everything converted fast to best stuff gets me tens if not hunderds of thousands of points profit. Remember though that I'm an end of tech tree player, I would never waste any diamonds on scouting stuff if i weren't.

2) Last BP(s) of the GB I need and want fast. When new GBs come out, timing is often of great importance. U always want to be one of the first ones in ur world to get some sort of new and spefic GB up. It just goes up so much more faster the rarer it is. For example I got my RAH almost 2 weeks into InA and it took me 3 weeks of working my ass off till i finally got it leveled, I had missed the best trains. But in PE I got alcatraz up within couple of days right away and it took much less time with much less effort to get it leveled.

3) Expansions. Best stuff, never age, always useful. 99% players should always and only aim for them to use their diamonds on. As non-diamond buying player, i finally managed to buy out all the diamond expansions due to the summer event rewards and it is crazy what difference they make. Game is pretty much designed balance wise between ur resource reqs, pop and pop reqs. But for non-diamond players. So if u get diamond expansions, u can break that balance and game gets so much more simple for u, most of the problems just dissapear.

4) Rogue hideout extra spots. It's the best military building and unit in the game, they are just worth it.

5) Urgent unexpected stuff if smth comes up, or large cultural buildings if u are confident they gonna last a while.

6) Rest

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser653

Hint,
I have to agree the exception to my list is using Diamonds to be the first to get a NEW GB thats just come out.
I spent 800 diamonds on Alcatraz while only one other player had one in my guild/hood, it was leveled up 6 times in a few weeks all by players needed the BP. So perhaps I modify my GB line:

2) Last BP for a GB and only the last one and only for a GB which is a good one (lots of debate about what are the best ones elsewhere). Unless the GB you spend your diamonds on is one of the first 3 or 4 in your Hood/guild in which case you get a massive amount of FPs back for the diamond investment.

Thanks for the correction

DeletedUser7719

I would throw out the BP thing in HRC's list, and add rogue hideout spots as the 3rd. Before I got my rogue hideout, I bought 8 unattached rogues, and when I became down to 4, I started using diamonds to revive them, so I guess I would also have reviving unattached unit under the three on my list.

DeletedUser

4) Rogue hideout extra spots. It's the best military building and unit in the game, they are just worth it.
I would say that with Alcatraz extra spots became obsolete. You just need to have 1 hideout and be a little bit patient.
It's also true for the 5th premium spot in regular military buildings.