• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What should I use diamonds on?

DeletedUser3157

I would say that with Alcatraz extra spots became obsolete. You just need to have 1 hideout and be a little bit patient.
It's also true for the 5th premium spot in regular military buildings.

Regular military buildings u usually raze. Hideouts are more or less forever. Alcatraz sure helps, but more the normal units u have, more u can lose them before using unattached alcatraz units. Meaning more unattached units u can save at the end of the day.

DeletedUser4800

I used my diamonds for collecting all resources at once when I was drunk, lazy or sleepy and the bigger diamonds I won and got from the quests and the latest summer event I purchased expansions.

DeletedUser

Regular military buildings u usually raze.
Yes, after 5 months :) Extra spot is equivalent to about 1/2 expansion that lasts for half year. Not bad for the price.
(I'm talking, of course, about premium spots only in last-age buildings)

Hideouts are more or less forever. Alcatraz sure helps, but more the normal units u have, more u can lose them before using unattached alcatraz units. Meaning more unattached units u can save at the end of the day.
If a player uses Alcatraz in a right way, he'll have, eventually, enough units of all types, including rogues. 3 extra rogues from premium spots will just make things easier during transient period, but are not important in the long run. In this sense, buying premium hideout spots is like buying blueprints - both give only temporary advantage.

DeletedUser3157

Yes, after 5 months :) Extra spot is equivalent to about 1/2 expansion that lasts for half year. Not bad for the price.
(I'm talking, of course, about premium spots only in last-age buildings)

I usually change up my stuff more often than that. But yeah it's not too bad.

If a player uses Alcatraz in a right way, he'll have, eventually, enough units of all types, including rogues. 3 extra rogues from premium spots will just make things easier during transient period, but are not important in the long run. In this sense, buying premium hideout spots is like buying blueprints - both give only temporary advantage.

It depends on ur losses and what kind of army u use. You can't use too many unattached units always if u have losses, cause if ur losses of unattached per day would be more than what u make with alcatraz, u would simply run out of units. I have 10 hideouts and 40 normal rogues and with my drunken ass doing blind autocombat fights boom boom boom, I need about 60 rogues per day to replace my majorly injured ones. I also lose about 10 of them per day, and few of them can be then unattached ones. And with 2x stronger hood, I would prolly have trouble maintaining a positive alcatraz minus losses ratio in such days. So more "base" of normal units u have, less you need to use and danger unattached units.

Actually I just lost 8 rogues few hours ago cause I accidently replaced a dead tank with a rogue instead, attacked someone with 8 rogues and clicked autocombat before noticing it :D

DeletedUser

I usually change up my stuff more often than that. But yeah it's not too bad.
5 month is the delay between introducing new ages. There can be some fine-tuning of your town during this period, but usually it stays the same (at least, in a stable hood).

It depends on ur losses and what kind of army u use. You can't use too many unattached units always if u have losses, cause if ur losses of unattached per day would be more than what u make with alcatraz, u would simply run out of units.
"Proper use of Alcatraz" means that you have positive balance of generated and lost units. It means that, after initial "collecting" period, you will have enough units to put completely fresh army every time you fight. And your only task is to avoid losses, you don't really care about damage if a unit survives. With manual fight, 150% attack boost, and <200% defense, you can avoid losses 99.9% of battles.

I have 10 hideouts and 40 normal rogues and with my drunken ass doing blind autocombat fights boom boom boom, I need about 60 rogues per day to replace my majorly injured ones.
You are lazy... :)

I also lose about 10 of them per day, and few of them can be then unattached ones. And with 2x stronger hood...
...and lucky - you have a good hood :)

, I would prolly have trouble maintaining a positive alcatraz minus losses ratio in such days. So more "base" of normal units u have, less you need to use and danger unattached units.

Actually I just lost 8 rogues few hours ago cause I accidently replaced a dead tank with a rogue instead, attacked someone with 8 rogues and clicked autocombat before noticing it :D
:)))

I think we went too far offtopic and should stop here. We can discuss Alcatraz and related military tactics in another thread.