• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #24 2017-10-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyHecate

Major-General
Are there PME people in this 'hood containing TE people? If not, all I see is that you have become part of the 'PME people'
Not for this 2-week reshuffle! The last two weeks my hood was 95% PME, many low-end PME, apart from me and #2 who were top-end CE. In today's reshuffle the majority are CE but with a good portion (higher than normal) of TE players.
Hence my query whether we were seeing a divergence in the 'hood reshuffle or if it was a just a one-off bug? I would normally ignore it but fellow guildies are reporting the same occurrences in their 'hoods of varying Ages/Eras.

I believe that part of the algorithm for determining neighbourhoods is the total score of buildings. It was noted in beta that the scores for recent Event buildings are quite high. I didn’t look into it myself but the claim was that they are not in line with other special buildings.

If that is so, it could be that people who have built the Black Tower and other recent buildings are now being tipped into a higher than expected neighnourhood.

LadyHecate

Major-General
I believe that part of the algorithm for determining neighbourhoods is the total score of buildings.
Interesting; I thought it was purely tech tree based.

The original announcement stated "Unlike the old system, the new system will not cluster accounts into "chunks" that are afterwards merged together. The only criteria that will now be taken into account is era and the amount of Forge Points spent in the techtree.
This means, that normally, right after the merging occurs, there should be no differences in age within a single neighborhood (with an exception of very new game worlds as well as 14 neighborhoods per world where two different eras will meet)
."

Last edited:

DeletedUser110195

It's been like this since at least as far back as when I was in colonial(I distinctly recall a plunderer whose timing was like clockwork being at industrial)in my previous 'hood I had a large smattering of modern era people(I'm progressive era).

Just normal stuff Lady Hec :)

LadyHecate

Major-General
It's been like this since at least as far back as when I was in colonial(I distinctly recall a plunderer whose timing was like clockwork being at industrial)in my previous 'hood I had a large smattering of modern era people(I'm progressive era).

Just normal stuff Lady Hec.
Yeah, I guess you may be right! Re-reading the original Announcement I suppose that every so often you are going to filter into those 14 'hoods on each world that span more than one Age/Era. I just assumed that if it were a CE/PME-spanned 'hood that the system would select top-end PME and bottom-end CE players.

DeletedUser110195

That would make sense, then everyone is likely to be at the same relative strength, tech-wise. Of course nothing can really impede the march of the dedicated player with infinite patience to gather enough FP packs to simply leap through an entire age if they've determined there's no point in waiting anymore.

LadyHecate

Major-General
Of course nothing can really impede the march of the dedicated player with infinite patience to gather enough FP packs to simply leap through an entire age if they've determined there's no point in waiting anymore.
Some of the Eras need 'leaping' through! One of the reasons I've camped in CE is that TE is an awful Era to play in!! I tried playing it on one world in a diamond mine city just to see what I was missing and hated it so much I advanced the city almost immediately into TF.

DeletedUser110195

I'll be sure to save up the thousandish FPs needed to simply warp straight through it before taking a moment to experience it myself, however many months from now it is that I'm up there. Soon as I've pushed the story quests as far as I can from progressive I'll make a beeline for the PME tech that will eventually block my path and start the process of pushing the map and story quests ahead....til I run into another roadblock.

Amy Steele

General
Amy, please bring me good news.

Under good news I consider my win.
Bad news for you sadly Ilela - you were not quite close enough to the chosen time, which this week was:

#24.PNG

However, congratulations go to the king calvin, who got within the necessary 2 minutes, and wins:

Any 7 BPs (can be from different buildings)
An amount of medals depending on the age the account is in (see the spoiler in the first post of this thread for the amounts)

Congratulations! We will contact you shortly via ticket regarding your prizes. Keep a look out for the next competition, starting today!

DeletedUser110195

Well damn, I was looking forward to a new Dynamic Tower on Dinegu. Oh well.

DeletedUser111589

I could've gotten all inno, arc and last Alcatraz bp had I won. But of course I'm not lucky enough...

DeletedUser110179

Congrats to the king calvin ... well won .

I'm really, really looking for a Palace piece (maybe a tile from the roof) ... so I'm thrilled not to win
(sometimes it pays to be unlucky) .
3D white man clock 300px.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.