• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #24 2017-10-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Steele

General
Hey folks! This week's thread is now open!

As we had a rollover last week, there are 2 prizes up for grabs this week:

Any 7 BPs of your choice and
An amount of Medals dependant on the age of the account

to check how many medals you can win, click on the spoiler below

Bronze Age20
Iron Age50
Early Middle Age100
High Middle Age200
Late Middle Age350
Colonial Age600
Industrial Age1000
Progressive Era1500
Modern Era2200
Post Modern Era3000
Contemporary Era4000
Tomorrow5500
The Future7200
Arctic Future9000
Oceanic Future10840
[th]Age[/th][th]Medals[/th]

Usual rules apply. This competition will close at 11:30pm on Sunday 22nd October. Good luck everyone!

DeletedUser110195

1500 medals for me

Also had a question I posted in the aptly named questions section, perhaps someone posting in here can answer it?(that ESPECIALLY includes you Amy)

DeletedUser110179

1 medal of victory for me ...

Lamp 300px.png

DeletedUser111351

1500 medals for me

Also had a question I posted in the aptly named questions section, perhaps someone posting in here can answer it?(that ESPECIALLY includes you Amy)
um... but no repeat of the question or link to it? You want me to do work just to find out what the question is? :o

DeletedUser108047

Pretty sure that is a known bug.... I got it when going through PME - threw me... :)

Perhaps Inno are leaving it there to see if we pay attention :)

9000 medals for me !!!

DeletedUser111351

I think you need to report that one no matter what. If it's a story quest you can't abort it. And if you can't abort it or complete it your game is effectively deadlocked for the main quest line. Whether they know about it or not you'll need them to get you past it.

But yeah, that sounds like what I had in the early days, got some tech quests that I had already done and so couldn't accomplish them. Mine were abortable though.

DeletedUser110195

No you have the story quest from Ragu(who was long departed from your entourage of advisors by then)completed before you're halfway through bronze age, it only asks you to have construction researched, which you absolutely must in order to reach post-modern story quests.

It gave me 665 coins for my 'effort'.

DeletedUser108047

Its a pity we didn't get a chance to have some revenge on Ragu... PME artillery would have seen him running over the horizon :)

DeletedUser110195

I sure wouldn't mind having my commandos fire an rpg or two up his backside...dirty bastard tried taking over the city! And after all we'd been through until that point!

Maybe that's one worth thinking about :D
How would you decide wooden spoon? Furthest from the correct time? And, what would you suggest as a prize?

Feel free to discuss in the new week's thread, starting very soon! As for this week, it was indeed a rollover :)
If you are considering a prize based on how FAR someome is from tne time, I sure hope you have a program written to fo the analysis for you!

The prize that jumps to mind is the "nice try" award, though I think that is given for surrendering.

(There's a thought - how about an in-game award for participation on this forum?)

A suitable wooden spoon award might be an obelisk. Or if you want a real prize but of questionable value, how about blueprints to the Oracle of Delphi?

DeletedUser111351

@Augustavian ah, so you insta-completed it. Well then nothing much to worry about (except yes, some dev somewhere may care that their "story" isn't being told in proper order). The ones I had asked me to research it and since it already had been researched I could never succeed (don't remember what tech it actually asked for at the time).

@Prinza the Hunter I stick by my suggestion that they actually design a 1x1 wooden spoon decoration. And as I said in the other thread, furthest from winning isn't the nature of the wooden spoon prize (see my lengthy post in the old thread). And agreed that furthest from winning time is a pain to determine.

Oh, but yes, a bronze/silver/gold upgradable wooden spoon award in the game that gets awarded directly from tech support would be an interesting one as well.

DeletedUser110195

The ones I had asked me to research it and since it already had been researched I could never succeed (don't remember what tech it actually asked for at the time).
That doesn't make sense to me, I may be misunderstanding what it is you mean by that, but any time anyone asks me to research something specific, take control of something specific, if I've already done that before the quest shows up, it's always been autocompleted for me.

DeletedUser111351

Oh, I agree that it was clearly a bug. You are understanding me correctly on how it worked. I think I was in Iron Age at the time. A quest popped up that said Research "x", and at that point I never aborted any quest. So I went into the tech tree to see where it was and found it to be something I had already unlocked. It would not let me complete it, but did have an active abort button. I then ended up aborting 3-5 straight quests since if it changed my mindset on them from being a complete task to accomplish to, "well they can't all be done so just do the ones you like."

Later I found out that some were chained and aborting one may abort many (not that they are marked in any way to let us know whether or not we are killing a whole chain).

Since that time I have only ever been asked to research a tech I have not yet done. I've been given sector quests that basically auto-complete. But, to my recollection, I've never been given a tech that auto-complete. Specific tech that I know I did have a quest for in my main world, I often never even get that same quest in a different world. As to whether that's because I only get tech that hasn't been researched yet or because I killed a chain, that I have no clue.

LadyHecate

Major-General
It wouldn't be Halloween went If it isn't during Halloween.
The event runs for a little over two weeks, and it's Halloween two weeks today! Hence, I was expecting it some time this week.

Just checked Wiki and the event starts on Thursday this week!

Last edited:

DeletedUser110179

If you are considering a prize based on how FAR someome is from tne time, I sure hope you have a program written to do the analysis for you!

A suitable wooden spoon award might be an obelisk. Or if you want a real prize but of questionable value, how about blueprints to the Oracle of Delphi?
I guess the furthest anyone can be from the correct time ... is 12 hours out (The same time but the opposite AM/ PM) ...
which has the same odds as getting the correct time.

Actually, getting the worst time is pretty much the same as getting the closest time without actually winning
(ie opposite AM/PM and outside 2 min from winning time) .
We all win through participation (there is no exam or tricky question) ... and odds favour the sheer volume of participation.
The competition is really about participating on the forum and advertising FoE .

Maybe 1 bp of choice should go to a new entrant to the comp ... or somebody with the least number of posts (2 or more) .

wooden-spoon-logo 200px.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.