• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #22 2017-10-02

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser111351

fuller
index.jpg

DeletedUser111589

Looper vs predestination and source code vs edge of tomorrow

All 4 movies are pretty much on same topic. Looper and predestination are much closer one to another than they are to remaining 2 and vice versa.

Which are your winners from both "categories"?

DeletedUser111510

I can't win it if I'm not in it, so just a post for postings sake.

DeletedUser110195

Perhaps we need a really bad GB ...

to complement the Arc (on the other side of the scale) OR a niche GB that very few players could use or appreciate
(something seriously unpopular but still having some kind of wierd potential).
We have more than enough garbage GBs, we don't need more, thank you very much.

Enter Ritalin, regularly fed to boys by schools who can't cope with standard male behavioural development (or who simply don't like boys).
I guess my school was neither, very few kids were on Ritalin, and not because the school had anything to do with it. Granted it is a school in a farming community so that may have something to do with why they didn't object to normal male behavior.

DeletedUser111351

I guess my school was neither, very few kids were on Ritalin, and not because the school had anything to do with it. Granted it is a school in a farming community so that may have something to do with why they didn't object to normal male behavior.
Depends on the school policies and a lot of things. Personally I went to school before the true age of Ritalin. Back then teachers just punished bad behavior. These days most school policies have such restrictions placed on the teacher that they have pretty much no authority at all. The word punishment is practically taboo. Since one can't stop it after it happens to prevent recurrence, one needs to stop it before it happens. Thus drug the kid up.

And yes, rural families tend to be less likely to put their kids on Ritalin, but rural schools tend to be a bit more lax with the restrictive teacher policies. The teachers tend to still have a bit more leeway to maintain authority.

DeletedUser110195

And yes, rural families tend to be less likely to put their kids on Ritalin, but rural schools tend to be a bit more lax with the restrictive teacher policies. The teachers tend to still have a bit more leeway to maintain authority.
And of course, rural communities tend to teach their kids to stand up for themselves, rather than run to teacher, so teachers only have to do anything when a problem is getting out of hand, like one kid messes with another for so long they just think '**** it' and throw a punch(this was me btw)and then it's off to the dungeon(in school suspension).

DeletedUser110179

I used to play empire strategy games based on real-world nations throughout history.

Invariably, most people chose the more powerful nations and those nations tended to win most of the games.
However, there were always one or two players that would choose a very "intrinsically" weak and unpopular nation ... but still win most of their games ... because they knew how to get the most out of them (and catch everyone else by surprise since few people knew how to defend against them) .

Maybe we need a GB that isn't obviously great and wonderful ... but needs a special gameplay to make it work.

DeletedUser111351

Maybe we need a GB that isn't obviously great and wonderful ... but needs a special gameplay to make it work.
The Fortress of Solitude GB
The-Fortress-of-Solitude.jpg

Makes city immune to attack and plunder, but player can not attack/plunder either.

The isolation also blocks all others from contributing to any of their GB, but every level of solitude adds an increasing percentage to how much their FP count towards their own GB.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

The Fortress of Solitude GB
View attachment 13463
Makes city immune to attack and plunder, but player can not attack/plunder either.

The isolation also blocks all others from contributing to any of their GB, but every level of solitude adds an increasing percentage to how much their FP count towards their own GB.
Maybe that could be added in on the next age added to the game, and have silver appear as one of its resources(silver age ;)), since SOMEONE already took gold(I'm looking at YOU early middle ages :mad:). Of course if Inno could be interested to get the rights to use it in the game from DC maybe they could go for something opposite of it like 'Legion of Doom: Gives chance for all defending units to start a battle with 9 health. Higher levels gives a better chance for this to occur'.

DeletedUser111351

Maybe that could be added in on the next age added to the game, and have silver appear as one of its resources(silver age ;)), since SOMEONE already took gold(I'm looking at YOU early middle ages :mad:). Of course if Inno could be interested to get the rights to use it in the game from DC maybe they could go for something opposite of it like 'Legion of Doom: Gives chance for all defending units to start a battle with 9 health. Higher levels gives a better chance for this to occur'.
I'm apparently on an anti-attack kick today so...

Legion of Doom GB also adds an increasing chance that anyone attacking a city but choosing to flee loses a unit in the process. (obviously if the defender owns the GB, not the attacker)

And, side note, the Fortress of Solitude could just as easily be a non-trademarked City-Wide Force Field Generator

A school in a rural area is also less likely to have the problems associated with forced inactivity. A rural environment enables children to have the opportunity to run around, shout, and explore.

DeletedUser110179

A school in a rural area is also less likely to have the problems associated with forced inactivity. A rural environment enables children to have the opportunity to run around, shout, and explore.
Somewhat like elderly people having a young dog but never taking it out for a walk .

These days, a home can be more of a prison since parents are often in fear of letting their children run around outside without supervision .

And, side note, the Fortress of Solitude could just as easily be a non-trademarked City-Wide Force Field Generator
Alternatively, a new attack GB that increases attack and decreases city defense by the same amount (to a minimum of zero) .
It might encourage defense players who are attacked ... to retaliate (if they know their attacker has very weak city walls) .

ancientwondersofworld.jpg

DeletedUser111589

Screenshot_20171007-181107.png

Anyone need a set? Or should I as a farmer build it? Some attack boost won't be too bad. Unfortunately I'm short on space. I'll need a bit for ToR soon (lacking last BP)

DeletedUser111589

CoA provides a nice amount of coins but as a farmer, you'd be much better with St. Basils, so I advise to wait a bit.

Unfortunately, no one or rarely anyone on my friendliest is in LMA largely reducing chance of getting Basil's BP.

Status
Not open for further replies.