• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #102 2019-04-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giskler

Legend
That's dirt cheap? :(

not that I can't afford it but didn't want to pay that much
Well, if you want something that lasts more than a year or two at most then you want to pay a bit more than just bargain bin. That's cheap imo and will last quite a few years with the use you intend. If you buy something with a worse cpu and less ram you'll just end up having to buy a new one again in a couple years

Shad23

Emperor
can someone answer me on this :
is there a way to know who lvl'ed up your GB's ?
other then writing down eather on paper or digital notepad who already invested on it befor lvl up when it's close to lvl
i know some might not like this but maybe they could show who lvl'ed it when you get a msg about it being lvl'ed or maybe somthing in the event history like when you get plundered you get a msg telling you you got plundered and by who
if there is no way to know can someone pls create a thread on idea section with proper format so we can get this sent to dev's
would be so much helpfull especialy for in-guild players who lvl GB's
that way we could warn them not to do that and tell em why

Well, if you want something that lasts more than a year or two at most then you want to pay a bit more than just bargain bin. That's cheap imo and will last quite a few years with the use you intend. If you buy something with a worse cpu and less ram you'll just end up having to buy a new one again in a couple years
I understand the logic but Mrs V doesn't and sees a computer as a waste of time and money

can someone answer me on this :
is there a way to know who lvl'ed up your GB's ?
no

Galladhorn

Monarch
Gisklerific said:
Mac, windows, linux? any preference?

Depends on various things:
1) What are you going to use it for?.
2) Your Budget.
3) Laptop, Tower or Mini Computer.

I am a very long time Mac user, and thier Pro Laptops are (or was) Extremely Solid, long term use - but they are very expensive.
OS X systems are though very solid, but some parts might feel restrictive due to the conncection with iTunes.

I have been working on PCs as well. If You are e.g a gamer or specializing in some work area a Tower PC is far more flexible in terms of updating and installing what you need – Graphics cards etc. Some companies also produce small special PCs that does not take up much space and get most jobs done for a fair price.

The Mac OS X is usually a very solid and smooth user experience. This is due to the Macs and the OS Systems being build to fit eachother.
The Windows OS is much better now a days than it was, but still has some hickups at times. But if you want more solid PC perhaps consider buying Dell. I know pros who go for that - Dells are well tetsted components fitting the Windows Platform.

If you are on a budget and do not need a powerfull Laptop, then a PC is the way to go.

I do not have experience wtih Linux, so I can comment on that.

Shad23

Emperor
i prefer linux and Mac Windows is crap in my opinion
do we have a swear filter on forum lol i wrote s h i t and when i read back my msg it was writen crap instead and when i edit it's writen as i wrote it

Gisklerific said:
Mac, windows, linux? any preference?

Depends on various things:
1) What are you going to use it for?.
2) Your Budget.
3) Laptop, Tower or Mini Computer.

I am a very long time Mac user, and thier Pro Laptops are (or was) Extremely Solid, long term use - but they are very expensive.
OS X systems are though very solid, but some parts might feel restrictive due to the conncection with iTunes.

I have been working on PCs as well. If You are e.g a gamer or specializing in some work area a Tower PC is far more flexible in terms of updating and installing what you need – Graphics cards etc. Some companies also produce small special PCs that does not take up much space and get most jobs done for a fair price.

The Mac OS X is usually a very solid and smooth user experience. This is due to the Macs and the OS Systems being build to fit eachother.
The Windows OS is much better now a days than it was, but still has some hickups at times. But if you want more solid PC perhaps consider buying Dell. I know pros who go for that - Dells are well tetsted components fitting the Windows Platform.

If you are on a budget and do not need a powerfull Laptop, then a PC is the way to go.

I do not have experience wtih Linux, so I can comment on that.
Laptop only, don't want a tower as they take up too much room and have to stay in a dedicated place
Windows for preference, my wife can just about use the internet I can't confuse her with linux or mac
As powerful as possible for as little as possible :D I can convince her to spend £400 tops and that will be a struggle but she wants a new hoover and they are about the same price!!

Giskler

Legend
Laptop only, don't want a tower as they take up too much room and have to stay in a dedicated place
Windows for preference, my wife can just about use the internet I can't confuse her with linux or mac
As powerful as possible for as little as possible :D I can convince her to spend £400 tops and that will be a struggle but she wants a new hoover and they are about the same price!!
Do you want to spend 250 pounds thrice in 6 years or less than 500 in 6 years? It's basic math, even your wife should be able to understand it if you spell it out for her

Shad23

Emperor
do we have a swear filter on forum lol i wrote s h i t and when i read back my msg it was writen crap instead and when i edit it's writen as i wrote it
i find it weird if we don't have a filter lol why did they translate ( s h i t ) in to crap ? i don't know lol

Status
Not open for further replies.