• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

warning about age changes....

vrg1

Private
i just started playing this game for the first time.....like everyone else out there i didn't read a rule book.....just played.....i played solo until recently i was invited to join a guild to understand that part of the game....

i was at the point of just starting to understand what this game was about, just learning to understand what a guild was and how it worked, just learning to understand what a great building was and what it was capable off, just learning the depths of what the game has to offer, just building wonderful friendships and friendly rivalries....

i loved my town and how it was growing and my collection of little toys and achievement's and building them together into something wonderful.....i was just learning what a guild battle ground was and how it worked as a team....and was successfully having the best time of my life with my new friends....

id just been invited to join one of the top 10 guilds playing in my world not only to battle but to learn from some of the best players of the game...id never felt more honoured and accepted...and then i pushed the game, dropped one forge point in the wrong spot, levelled up and my game was over....gone, the opportunity lost, the choices lost....i sit here devastated watching this screen, wondering about the time invested in my little world....lost at the push of one button.

i cant get rid of one little wisteria bush of happiness without being asked yes/no but the game can change my whole life without asking that same question....do i want to age up yes/no...im a avid gamer devastated staring at this screen watching what I've accomplished over months come crashing down...its truly heart-breaking and left me lost as to what to do....do i crash the game and start again? do i walk away and not play again? do i loose all my new friends?.....its just wrong
'
'

FLKMAMS

Sergeant
Well, FoE really does that question, but in a different way. Sorry if I dont remember the question, but it´s something about "do you want to research X?"
But... if you didnd know that... please, dont tell me you are broken to age up to Iron Age. FoE will break your heart soon or later, but that is too soon.

vrg1

Private
high middle ages is at the point in the game where you need to stop, slow and consolidate your resources.....where you need to have an understanding of the intricacies' of the game....where you need to know what the great buildings can do so you can choose wisely the way forward, in what ever way you want to move forward.... its where you need to understand the rules of the guilds and how they work to get the most from the game for what the game offers.

to be pushed beyond that point without truly understanding these things becomes a slog, a catch up game where your losing ground....you never catch up and continue always with less than you could have achieved.... as a gamer...playing is always about achieving your best, winning in whatever style of winning you want....knowing that your losing ground from here on out or the game could have been even more wonderful.....is not a lot of fun

vrg1

Private
"research anything" is a side quest and not anywhere near relevant to what the game is about or how you move through it....

Emberguard

Legend
Just play from the age you’re in now. You don’t need to stop and consolidate anything by HMA other then ensuring you have sufficient stock for GBs and techtree. Even then you can do that in any age at any time.

If you stop too early to hyper lvl things you’re playing catchup anyway because you stopped in that age and are limiting your space to increase FP income. As long as you’re able to fully complete events comfortably and have some production for previous ages if your stock isn’t sufficient then you’ll be fine to age up. It’s not until you reach Modern that you’d have any real reason to worry about catchup because then it switches to refined goods. You don’t need to rush sure, but you should be fine to do whatever you wanted to achieve in HMA, LMA or even ColA

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
We really dont need anymore warnings in the game and definitely not for something that doesnt need to be warned about. What would the warning say?

In order to level up you need to add the fp to the tech in the next era and also pay whatever the costs are so there are two steps already to levelling which should be enough notice of what you're doing.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Great age to camp for abit is CA if you go higher then you meant to (especially if you got paper), cause you can get Conscripts from the quests, allowing you to fight through GE easy and save up a ton of goods, especially if you also fight in GBG.

HMA can be great too if you have rope as a good, HMA also offers some great quests with the Alchemist.

I camped LMA for abit myself and had the CA unit Grenadiers, if you manually battle I could battle up to 50+ att in GBG with low boosts.

Inda Age can be even better for fighting since you can get Post Modern era troops :)

Each age has something good about it, games not over after an accidental age up, still a ton of good ages to camp from HMA up, one of the best ages being CE with hovers.

vrg1

Private
thanks guys for the positive support and tips that its going be ok....id just discovered how much fun the GBGs were and absolutely loved the idea of trashing that mountain again and again for awhile...

I really want to go to space and explore all the amazing things this game has so it would have been inevitable to move...its a new game and experience for me and a different type of gaming than I'm used to....it just left me in a position of being stumped and unable to experience again that wonderful battle....for awhile anyway

I've learnt that the game does level equally through the ages...console games you play first time round and learn the tricks second time round...this is learning the tricks as you go but not knowing if you've backed yourself into a corner until its too late. the guild experience has given me a new understanding of what other players are playing and why but they have also been really patient and supporting, guiding me in how to move...im really grateful for that support and that is another aspect of the game that is great.

I don't intend to sit still and camp....I want to break every rule that this game has and have an absolutely wonderful time doing it while I'm building my own little world....it was just the loss of something that was so much fun to participate in and left me feeling like I'm stumbling in the dark not knowing where I'm going. I know that this is a game of patience....again very different to the trash and run of consoles....but I could groan at the times taken to do things sometimes relative to other gaming.

the people that I have met through this game reflects the real world in their gaming styles....but finding others or a guild where you fit is another part of this game that is great...its a community of other people who like to do what I like to do....I've had some of the best laughs for a long time with other competitive gamers just trashing for rewards without purpose...and being able to chat worldwide and make new true friends is a very good thing...the thought of losing them was a hard one to take and a part of the misery at the time that I first posted.

my guild buddies supported me and guided me out the other side but thanks again for your support.

see you guys on the battlefields of the game....

again thanks for your support....i hope to be around for awhile

DeletedUser

thanks guys for the positive support and tips that its going be ok....id just discovered how much fun the GBGs were and absolutely loved the idea of trashing that mountain again and again for awhile...

I really want to go to space and explore all the amazing things this game has so it would have been inevitable to move...its a new game and experience for me and a different type of gaming than I'm used to....it just left me in a position of being stumped and unable to experience again that wonderful battle....for awhile anyway

I've learnt that the game does level equally through the ages...console games you play first time round and learn the tricks second time round...this is learning the tricks as you go but not knowing if you've backed yourself into a corner until its too late. the guild experience has given me a new understanding of what other players are playing and why but they have also been really patient and supporting, guiding me in how to move...im really grateful for that support and that is another aspect of the game that is great.

I don't intend to sit still and camp....I want to break every rule that this game has and have an absolutely wonderful time doing it while I'm building my own little world....it was just the loss of something that was so much fun to participate in and left me feeling like I'm stumbling in the dark not knowing where I'm going. I know that this is a game of patience....again very different to the trash and run of consoles....but I could groan at the times taken to do things sometimes relative to other gaming.

the people that I have met through this game reflects the real world in their gaming styles....but finding others or a guild where you fit is another part of this game that is great...its a community of other people who like to do what I like to do....I've had some of the best laughs for a long time with other competitive gamers just trashing for rewards without purpose...and being able to chat worldwide and make new true friends is a very good thing...the thought of losing them was a hard one to take and a part of the misery at the time that I first posted.

my guild buddies supported me and guided me out the other side but thanks again for your support.

see you guys on the battlefields of the game....

again thanks for your support....i hope to be around for awhile
Don't break the game rules or they will BAN you

WinnerGR

Captain
id just been invited to join one of the top 10 guilds playing in my world not only to battle but to learn from some of the best players of the game...id never felt more honoured and accepted...and then i pushed the game, dropped one forge point in the wrong spot, levelled up and my game was over....gone, the opportunity lost, the choices lost....i sit here devastated watching this screen, wondering about the time invested in my little world....lost at the push of one button.
I have been through it the same as you but this is learning for you .
You do not level GBs that produce something for the player , so that means SoZ is ok to level , ark is ok to level but traz , CDM are not ok to level.
They will let you in after a while.

vrg1

Private
the game warns me about a wisteria bush but not an age change?....I look at other towns and see an exercise in cramming as much stuff into as younger a town as possible into the smallest space possible....they are all identical and an exercise in what? showing it can be done? boredom after playing for years? being cool? what ever gives you the most fun...do it.

maybe if I've played for years ill try it too....this game is only weeks old for me and I'm loving wondering what's going to come next...the game gives me a village in snow I thinks that's so cool....it tells me to dig for treasure, that's great...every new toy the games throws at me is new and that makes it fun for me.....the game says grow a village, here are the toys to do it....go play....I think that's great, I can grow what ever I want to, how ever I want to and that gives me the freedom to let my imagination go wild with how I can do that.

so...I've become attached to my little town, I will take great pleasure in growing it how I want it to grow...that's total freedom on a keyboard in a nutty world....I will reap as much joy from this game as it will give me and feel sorry for those who see it as a job rather than a joy..... its a new day, I messed up, I wear the consequences of my mistakes and move forward,.....and I can't wait to see what comes next

DeletedUser

vrg1; we all make errors, it's no big deal but... Advancing as quickly as you have gives you no time to expand footprint, build resources or learn the Game in general. Slow your roll and grow within your Era.
I regard the 3 Middle Ages as a milestone in learning, growth and the consolidation of an appropriate Base for advancement. Some view Col or Ind or Mod in the same way. Pick an Era in which you can thrive, not merely survive and Camp there for a year, to expand from an overcrowded postage stamp of a Village into a vast and thriving City.

vrg1

Private
if id known that a week ago that would have been great, we do make mistakes and we have to live with them, its been the kindness and support of the people that I have met here that has made the difference to staying....thank you for your advice Lugh

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I've been parked in HMA myself basically since 'forever' now, simply because for me, it's one of my favourite looking eras.

Sure I'll move on eventually, but I'm still enjoying my little medieval village too much, abusing the gak out of CF + alchemists, and smashing enemies with giant rock flinging trebs. :D
Only things I care about are;
a) can I still continue to pull my weight in my guild? (ie: can I cover my GE costs & not be a GbG anchor leaching free rewards off of everyone else?)
b) can I still crush out events and comfortably gain each event's main prize?
If those are both still a firm 'yes', then there's no need to rush forwards into a new age yet. :)