• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

"update" may 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?1657-Known-issue-Resources-disapear-in-trades-other
-------
so where is this update? i, along with countless others, have been waiting for this day and now that it is here we only get a "performance" update? this is starting to become a bit ridiculous. i understand there are a lot of things to be done for this game, but the trading system should be top priority at this point. i just attempted to make a couple offers on the market, and still, my goods have disappeared (brisgard "group 12"). many players are stuck or having a very hard time progressing and youre starting to lose more and more players. i really enjoy this game, im on everyday multiple times a day, but this is the breaking point.

DeletedUser

Have said it once and will say it again: Trade system is not a priority for them because they want people to progress with diamonds... If you catch my drift.

But yea, it has been now more than 2 weeks? and no real fixes or anything. Messages still broken, no trading possible and more others i could name but meh

DeletedUser

I realize this isn't what you want to read, but this is beta. The devs will work on the code according to their priorities, not ours. Changing/fixing the trade system is probably considerably more time consuming than repairing many other bugs that have been reported. Other players feel the bugs/problems they have reported should be first on the list, you and others feel the trade system should be first to be addressed but the bottom line is that the devs will decide what will be fixed first, based on their superior knowledge of the code/labor involved.

Beta play is a two-way street. Players get earlier hands on play of a new game in development, the devs get a far superior test group to locate issues in the game and pre-market feedback on the game. They are under no obligation to listen to complaints or fix problems, as we are under no obligation to play beta. Players who play in beta versions, do so for various reasons, but our participation's main goal as far as the devs are concerned, is to do as I referenced above. So be happy participating and assisting in the development of the game, while exercising greater patience and tolerance, or step away until the bugs you can't stomach are fixed. It is your choice as a participant.

DeletedUser

im assuming you did not click on the link
You are correct, I did not click on the link, but have now. So the CoMa, did indicate that the disappearing trade issue would be resolved on the 14 May update. Thus you did have reason to expect a resolution to the problem.

The CoMa also posted in the information for the update on the 14th, in announcements, that it only addressed performance issues. It seems the devs decided that performance was a higher priority, and probably changed directions after the CoMa's post on 10 May, which explained trading would be addressed. The CoMa may or may not have been notified of that, so we have no idea where to direct frustration.

This is a good example of why it is a bad idea to give time lines or create expectations when coding is involved. I've been part of numerous betas and new game designs. In my experience, almost nothing twerps off the players more than being promised something and then not having it delivered. It is generally better to stand by the frustrating policy of explaining that it is being worked on and will be fixed when its fixed. Still aggravating to the players but usually involves less anger than undelivered promises.

DeletedUser

yes i saw the announcement, and as soon as i saw it i was immediately disappointed. once i checked the game, i was even more disappointed. like i said, i understand its a lot of work, but if we are to be promised an update that we desperately need and we dont get it, its a HUGE let down as far as management of this game. i never complain about this game, besides a few bugs, but this is aggrivating to not only me but to many players. i have been on the fence about purchasing diamonds to support this game, as well as to help me out a bit, but after this i dont think im going to.

DeletedUser1715

If we are helping the developers .. why is the diamonds so ridiculous expensive ?!?!?!?!? yes i bought 1 time 200 diamonds , after that i just play 3 times and i spend all the diamonds , This unbalanced between the price of diamonds and what they allow, perhaps more a Zero was right, example: I bought 200 diamonds, but in reality I needed in 2000, but not pay a fortune for 2000

Now in my world if i change the TAB to see other page , when i back to play , the time freezes , so i loose many minutes in 1hour !!!!

DeletedUser

I was disappointed too... no news about the messaging bug, trade bug (which seems player or world specific), time out of sync bug or work progress of handling inactives. They seem to have ideas about that (or is player overflowing on en2 also a bug? :p) but cast a veil of silence over it. And it is really annoying - even if it's open beta - if the problem itself is known since exclusive beta.

After opening more and more servers I'm sure they have to fight with a lot of the same "bugs" - minus translations bugs. But that's part of the business I guess... the product matures at the customer :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Beta's are to get opinions on a game and increase/stabilise performance.

So their aim is to make the server stable and for there to be no downtime and it to run smoothly, then features will be added because features can always be added, performance is harder and better to implement earlier on.

DeletedUser

If we are helping the developers .. why is the diamonds so ridiculous expensive ?!?!?!?!?
Spending money on a beta product is a personal choice. One I wouldn't make unless I was so enthused about the design potential, that I would be willing to make the cash donation towards the development of the game. I'm assuming the diamond cost was set for what they would cost upon full release, but I could be wrong. Regardless, spending money is a player choice. If you feel you get enough entertainment value for the expenditure and can afford it, then its a no brainer.

Now in my world if i change the TAB to see other page , when i back to play , the time freezes , so i loose many minutes in 1hour !!!!
If you are experiencing what you feel is a bug, you should post it in the bug category and not here game discussions, where it would likely not receive any dev attention.

DeletedUser

This is by the way, why we dont here anything (or very little) from the dev. team. They dont want to give us false hopes about anything game related.

I my self is sad that we did not see anything more. But i must say that the balance issue seems to be more or less fixed now. My houses and goods collects perfect. No + / - going on 5 minutes after i have collected. But other then that, this really is the reason we are not told anything.
Then no one can get blamed for not making deadline or leaving out content in a update.

DeletedUser

At this point I'm not counting on any meaningful upgrades while I am playing this game.

I am planning on making all my own resources and not get anything from trades. The game has some good features, and I'll continue playing on my own, with just a few bumps from my neighbors.

But I'm doing it without diamonds, other than what I might win from one of the quests.

The developers have foisted upon us a seriously flawed game, so they can fix it at their leisure. By the time they get around to the many suggestions we've made I'll have finished the game and be long gone. As it is I'll be sticking around longer than about 90% of the players who started the game.

And don't expect any more suggestions for changes and improvements from me; there seems to be no point, as we're being soundly ignored.

DeletedUser

Hi guys,

We see what you want and were you are going, but for us it is incredibly important that we can get a more stable game, this has been one of the things we have worked really hard on for the last 2 weeks. We want to offer a game that is stable and that does not have too much performance issues. Dealing with these performance issues will also help us add more features to the game.

We will soon provide a bigger update with new game features, such as things that should help the trading as well. =)

DeletedUser

Good to hear - I hope "soon" is next week..?

For many, performance issues have not been a problem as much as simply being stuck without any goods. I'd rather get booted due to an "internal error" a couple times a day than be at a complete standstill in the game.

The 5x resource bonus does a great job promoting player-player trades, yet the market is completely inactive due to poor server structure.. (is a functioning market really considered a "game feature"?)

DeletedUser

but for us it is incredibly important that we can get a more stable game
Thanks for posting Nino. I think most people understand the beta process, I've been through numerous closed betas myself. I believe that the majority of your beta players here are enthusiastic about the game and that enthusiasm breeds impatience, frustration and demands. :)

While I know the time demands on the project team are high and that means their desire or availability to be present in the forums is limited, I feel that a stronger presence in the way of generic updates or even comments about ideas and such will go a long way towards pacifying the growing frustration of many.

DeletedUser

The problem with saying it's a excuse at times is because it is beta is a bit of a issue most have when the game is in open beta, lately many games stay in "open beta" for years, and the game charges for items.

I personally feel that once a game charges money as it will when it goes live is the point they can't hide behind a beta excuse.

Closed testing beta stages and open live "beta" are two different things especially as they have said the game is live with no planned resets but all games get balanced unless the game is abandoned.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Good to hear - I hope "soon" is next week..?

For many, performance issues have not been a problem as much as simply being stuck without any goods. I'd rather get booted due to an "internal error" a couple times a day than be at a complete standstill in the game.

The 5x resource bonus does a great job promoting player-player trades, yet the market is completely inactive due to poor server structure.. (is a functioning market really considered a "game feature"?)

The goods bug we are working on to solve as we speak, it will be hotfixed as soon as fixed.

DeletedUser

Fixing trade really is a big issue as far as keeping new players interested in the game goes, beta or not. I completely understand the need to deal with stability issues early too though and this game has quite a few. I'm getting something like 20 crashes per day. The most common one seems to occur if someone sends me support while I'm in a battle or plunder.

DeletedUser

Oh almost forgot, the Bronze Unit Tower somehow got reset. So it looks like the hundreds of fights I fought to get to 4th place got flushed down the loo. Not cool guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.