• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update has changed game from 'Empire Buiding' to 'War Machine'

DeletedUser

Then play one of those! As you point out there are tons of them (played by a lot of the same people) Don't find the *one* game that offers a chance to play like civilized people and descend on it like locusts.

DeletedUser

So, you are saying that FoE should be developed the way you want it.

The dev's are going to do what makes money for them.

They would not be designing this game otherwise.

War sells and hugs & kisses languish way back in the pack.

Maybe, it is you that needs to start looking for another game.

DeletedUser

I am saying that the direction that they were going was great; but it's turning in to every other game out there.

DeletedUser

but it's turning in to every other game out there.

Yes, that's because they want to make a profit off of FoE... some day.

Being intelligent people, they know that to succeed, it is necessary to give
the greater majority what they want and not cater to a small number of
"peaceniks.

If they dev's had wanted us to all hold hands and sing "Kumbaya", they would
have totally left the military out of the game.

DeletedUser276

rofl I already covered this in another thread. People just dont like reading threads I guess.

There is a ratio of combat to sim city building.. However as updates come each one swings in front of the other. We had a main concentration on building and progressing... but thats not what the game is about as such people are reaching the end too quickly. So people decided to quit the game as it wasnt more combat orientated.

Then the next upgrade came that concentrated on combat and showing that staying at lower levels and fighting low level tower fights is also beneficial people are complaining that its too combat orientative.

See this is why if people wonder why devs and mods dont take too much attention to people getting upset over new updates and changes.

I am sure when the next update comes up which is more city building orientated people will complain about that as well... then when the next combat update is given... etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

See this is why if people wonder why devs and mods dont take too much attention to people getting upset over new updates and changed.

Bingo, the man said it all ;)

DeletedUser

The 'Hulk' type gamers are like the popular kids in school, people want to hang around them and do what they say, but they are actually a very small minority of the overall group.

I can promise you that the number of historical war gamers, such as myself, vastly outnumber the kids wanting to pick on someone smaller than them - go join the military and get that knocked out of you, we have all done it.

All I am saying is that, originally, this game came close to what we are looking for, but it is drifting away from that. Eventually someone will get it together, I suppose. It's just not as easy as it used to be for us to go to conventions to play our games, now we end up staying at home looking for somewhere to game once more; and it's not like we have anything else to do with our money.

(It is a little early yet, but the first game company that figures out how to integrate game systems into nursing homes is going to be a trillion dollar company, the generations that are approaching that age don't play 'Bingo", and sitting in a chair, staring at a screen all day with no job, or cooking or anything like that is called 'heaven') :P

DeletedUser276

it will drift away and then it will drift back.. then drift away then drift back. Each major update will swing it in the other direction till the game is fully release.

As for game systems in nursing homes... I volunteer at 3 nursing homes at random times and yes... they have computers with games for seniors as well as wii and other games for them to keep mobility and play to have fun. Already been done :P

DeletedUser

I appologize if it was covered in another thread. Has there been thought to a mod whose sole job is to keep the forums tidy; delete all duplicate threads, BS topics or issues that have already been addressed?. Many times people use titles that the search function does not see as relevant, or the name is totally unrelated to the actual post

I am talking about the game company *owning* the homes; nursing homes have to worry about getting sued for improper care - what gamer would risk getting kicked out of 'heaven' by suing them; and gamers will put up with a lot of inconveniences as long as you let them play their game :D

DeletedUser

I can promise you that the number of historical war gamers, such as myself,

Real historical war-gamers would not be caught dead playing FoE.

It is fantasy, with very little "reality" to it.

They are playing much better historical games, which I cannot mention on this forum.

Personally, I like to play both types of games.

DeletedUser276

I appologize if it was covered in another thread. Has there been thought to a mod whose sole job is to keep the forums tidy; delete all duplicate threads, BS topics or issues that have already been addressed?. Many times people use titles that the search function does not see as relevant, or the name is totally unrelated to the actual post

I try to do that but it gets too much. We are in the midst of taking on more mods and each will get a thread section which they are in charge of to organize. Should help on the duplicate threads.

I am talking about the game company *owning* the homes; nursing homes have to worry about getting sued for improper care - what gamer would risk getting kicked out of 'heaven' by suing them; and gamers will put up with a lot of inconveniences as long as you let them play their game :D

there is too much red tape for that to happen. And very risky too. Right now there are more older people going into homes and hospitals converting into nursing homes...

DeletedUser

You're correct: 'real' historical war gamers' have 734 pounds of painted lead in their house, stacks of Civil War magazines in their bathroom, rolls of felt terrain, hundreds of trees made out of pipe cleaners, and as a rule, would not play online games.

But some of us are getting tired of dragging 734 pounds of lead, rolls of felt terrain and pipe cleaner trees all over the country side.

The other problem with games played only by those that like to attack is that they carry the same aggressiveness towards others into the forums. (I guess that could be coincidence)

DeletedUser

The other problem with games played only by those that like to attack is that they carry the same aggressiveness towards others into the forums.

Probably very true... I know that I am an aggressive person.

It would explain why I was a jarhead, in my youth, and not an air beagle or a squid.

I like competition and hope to be able to match wits with real players in FoE someday.

The AI is just to stupid.

DeletedUser

I quote the title page myself, because the 'campaign' they are referring to is the battle across the continent.

That may be your view but that is not how many others view it as it talks about battles in general and battle in this game has been around for a long time so there is no reason to remove it.

At only one attack a day is more then fair for the casual players if that's what you are.

Also this is from the main page under features:

Battle

Fight exciting battles and win the day with the help of the specialized capabilities of your forces and the nature of the terrain.

PvP

Challenge friends and adversaries to a duel on the battlefield and use your tactical skills to teach them a lesson.

If pvp is not your favorite thing then feel free not to take part in it as the game never forces you to do it a lot but if you are so worried about points then you need to do it more often as it's a part of the game and it should count for something.

As for talking about building a goods building they really do not add a lot of points other then the initial points per building as you can see here:

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...tics-regarding-buildings-and-their-production

DeletedUser

Egads! You tried to give me a link to a 'guide' page! I'll have nothing to do with that, tyvm! :P

I grew up in an era when 'strategy guides' were slightly less stigmatic than herpes; never touch them.