• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update has changed game from 'Empire Buiding' to 'War Machine'

DeletedUser

If you want battles there are a million other games out there (I played Evony for 3 years, solo; Travian before that...and others I don't even remember) All I am looking for is the one Empire builder that is not founded on combat - I thought I had found it here, when you only can attack someone once every 24 hours that is a nice change.

DeletedUser

It all depends on each and everyone's goal. If you want to go higher in the ranks then yeah, you have to do what it takes to get those points. You can't expect to get more points than another one that is doing battles if you're not willing to "waste" your precious time.

I am doing each and every battle available to me and i just wish they would have reorganized the neighborhoods to have more active members. More active members = more defending units = more points

DeletedUser

If you want battles there are a million other games out there (I played Evony for 3 years, solo; Travian before that...and others I don't even remember) All I am looking for is the one Empire builder that is not founded on combat - I thought I had found it here, when you only can attack someone once every 24 hours that is a nice change.
I get you. As i understand its a combination of fighting and farming game and current point system it reflects more acurately. If you would like just farming game then you should check out Facebook games like farmville, etc where you can build your farm/empire just by clicking often enough.

Personally if not for battles i'd quit this game long time ago. I loved Heroes 3 game (this game has somewhat similar turn by turn fighting system) and hope this game will provide me more opportunities to fight in a future.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm from the middle of the US, the last thing I need to see is another farm. I don't like people (Facebook), hence the appeal of this game not having chat windows. The combat part of this game I did like, it was based on the campaign; if I wanted to plunder and pillage other people I'd have gone merc after leaving the military.

DeletedUser1081

you only can attack someone once every 24 hours that is a nice change.

yes, i like that too, and it hasn't changed. and as other people are saying, it seems to me too that one gets more points from building than from battles. but either way, it doesn't stop your progress in peacefully developing your village if someone else has more points. if they were trashing your village in order to progress, i could understand being disturbed, but that's not what's happening.

i really sincerely recommend that you go your gentle way and stop worrying about ranking.

DeletedUser

But I am trying to point out that, yes, you did get more points before the update; that is not the case now. combat: 50 to 1 ratio, Resources 300 to 1 ratio.

DeletedUser

But I am trying to point out that, yes, you did get more points before the update; that is not the case now. combat: 50 to 1 ratio, Resources 300 to 1 ratio.

yes. it affects us all.

as I said in my previous post, battles aren't everything. In fact, I would say that resources contribute more to your score by providing you with what you need to build high tech buildings more quickly. If you can't keep up with, say, me, you probably wouldn't be high ranked regardless.

DeletedUser

All I know is I collect about 15k resources an hour and I am falling behind.

DeletedUser1081

smiling sweetly: what i said is that building gives you more points than battles do. i mean constructing new buildings, not clicking on existing ones. i am cognizant that simply collecting coins/supplies no longer provides many points.

but the heart of it really is that it's eminently possible to play and enjoy the game without worrying what rank someone else has. can't you try that for a while? i think you'd like it!

DeletedUser

I built a Glassblower and a Salt shop today, went from #50 to 55

DeletedUser1081

see? progress! carry on just like that - and don't let it worry you that other people are progressing too

DeletedUser

Maybe I should explain my city: I have built it from day 1 to be able to crank out resources like mad; spending 100k on buildings in a day is nothing new to me, what bothers me is that is no longer enough to even keep pace with people.

(and, I'm 61, I think I know more about 'progress' than most people here - I've had televisions with vacuum tubes)

DeletedUser

(off topic) as I told a little girl that was looking at me oddly on the bus, because I was playing around with one of those Sega hand held things, from about 15 years ago. "Who do you think *invented* video games? I can tell you this, it was not a kid"

DeletedUser

The game has been described as a city building and being able to attack others.

Forge of Empires is a browser-based strategy game that lets you create your own city and accompany it from the beginning of the Stone Age onward throughout the centuries. Build structures typical of the epoch. Enlarge your sphere of influence through military campaigns and skillful dealings. Register now to play!

It's just now people are getting points for attacking as before it was just the ability to get a extra expansion over time.

If you only want to build then feel free to do so but if you are so worried about points then you will need to attack also to maintain or increase your rank and that makes it fair for all styles of gameplay unlike before.

No one is stopping you from doing that other then yourself and if you use the right troops, short range and long range units, against the 2 spearmen a lot of people have then you can do that without taking any damage and it does not take that long to do.

You should even be able to do that against most of the active people in your neighborhood also without taking damage as I have no issues with this other then one or two individuals in mine.

With only being able to do it once a day you can easily do that yourself.

I have no issues doing it myself and I think I have a bit of experience as I have 3,071 won battles and the next closest is a person with 2,047 won battles on the server I play.

DeletedUser

I quote the title page myself, because the 'campaign' they are referring to is the battle across the continent. This guild trading is disturbing because before that, since you could only trade with your '80', they could attempt to keep a brute in line by not offering trades with them: 'Attack us? Fine, no good for you"

I make trades that are of no benefit to me just to help other players out (I have about 500 Dye at the moment, but if someone needs a product I produce, and all they have is Dye, I'll make the trade - with my own forge points), because without trade they will simply leave the game; the same goes for attacking players, who wants to stay around when they are going to be attacked like a pinata?

A game is only a game as long as both sides are enjoying it; otherwise it called bullying.

I had hopes that this game was created to be the anit-Evony/Travian etc, and draw its market from the legions of people that played those games for a few days and quit, because they are one dimensional 'Hulk smash!' games (for those of you that have seen those games you know that the number of people that joined and quit quickly number in the millions)

DeletedUser

Actually, FoE will need to increase the "war" aspects of the game, if it is to be successful.

IMO, most people play online, browser-based games to create havoc and crush their enemies.

Those that cannot handle hostilities should check out playing Candyland.

DeletedUser

Only the people that 'hang around' are bent on destruction (hence why it looks like 'everyone' wants them that way); as you and I both know the number of people that quit those other games far out pace the ones that stay. It is why I was hoping for something different - how many times can you 'attack city, plunder goods, build troops, attack city, plunder goods, build troops' before it gets old?

DeletedUser

Orien, go to any of the hundreds of game review/directory sites and see what the Top 10
is on all of them.

People want cyber-war and they want to do it as part of a guild/alliance/clan/league.