• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update has changed game from 'Empire Buiding' to 'War Machine'

DeletedUser

I have noticed that it is impossible to keep up, points wise, with people that attack since the update. I have 'diamond powered' supply buildings (which are insanely awsome, kudos), just built a Glass Shop and Salt Shop, have 40 Brownstone houses (and a few of the previous ones) ...and I still drop like a rock in the standings.

I really hate to say it, but I believe this is turning into a war game.

DeletedUser

well it just people who attack inactives with 2 spearmen.... (aka people with no life in my opinion)

DeletedUser

They get more points for combat than I do for buying Windmills

DeletedUser

Case in point: there are 6 people in the Top 50 with less than 50 battles won; most have hundreds.

(edit: I use 50 as a benchmark because that is close to what you need to get across the continent, I think - I have 36 wins and am working on the LMA tower right now)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

fun fact: I'm rank 22 with 0 diamonds bought and 74 battles (half of which are versus the fifteen 67 point players in my neighorhood.

almost my entire score is coming from my buildings (and that's without buying diamonds)

if you actually know what you're doing, and buy diamonds, there's no excuse not to be top ranked

DeletedUser

Is there anyone you do not demean?

I have 0 battles against other players.

DeletedUser

I usually get between 3k and 4k battle points for a 10 minute battle; the ratio is 50 battle points for an 'xp', I think? That would be 60 to 80 xp per 10 minutes: which translates into needing 18k to 24k resources per 10 minutes, I believe?

DeletedUser

then fight... the game has always been half about fighting. there's a reason you are required to research military to advance in age

I'm also not demeaning you.. I have no idea what rank you are, I just know that you're complaining about diamonds not guaranteeing you to be ahead of all non-diamond users

DeletedUser

No, I am complaining that the game *has* become half about fighting - that was not the way it was. I mention the diamond buildings because they do produce crazy amounts of resources, but you would need a city of them to keep up with someone that has 4 or 5 combats a day

DeletedUser

then do battles! the game has ALWAYS been about battling.

have you even watched the game trailer? it's pretty obvious that fighting is intended. I'm sorry you got the impression it was purely a sim-city game, but it's more than that.

DeletedUser

i also feel like this global ranking thing has got to people's heads a bit...

sure if you could actually reach #1 then maybe it would be interesting, but with people at 30k+ points (who seem to have spent $1k on this game) there isnt much incentive for me personally

just have fun and dont worry so much about points

DeletedUser653

i also feel like this global ranking thing has got to people's heads a bit...

sure if you could actually reach #1 then maybe it would be interesting, but with people at 30k+ points (who seem to have spent $1k on this game) there isnt much incentive for me personally

just have fun and dont worry so much about points

Since 30k is 6th place on the points list and you are considering that its impossible to reach 1st even with unlimiited diamond spend - then i am glad your not at my back defending me! 6th place, 30k - many players would dream of this high placing!

DeletedUser

The fact someone has over 1200 battles, in Beta, being able to attack each person once per day, is disturbing... (do they even sleep?)

DeletedUser1081

but ... people with hundreds of battles under their belts are spending time attacking inactive neighbours to get tournament points and medals. they do it because they need expansions. it's dull, since the battles are dull, but it's not doing anyone any harm, right?

as you noted yourself, the top 50 includes players with very few battles so it's hardly "all about fighting". attacking miles of inactives is just one way to play. other people use diamonds, others click like mad. they're all legitimate ways to play.

maybe we should request the option to turn off our personal ranking counter, if it's painful to some people to see it!

DeletedUser

But before PvP *only* counted for towers, now it is the most effective way to get ranking; and I am curious to see how many of the 6 out of 50 will be in the top 50 in the next few weeks

DeletedUser

But before PvP *only* counted for towers, now it is the most effective way to get ranking; and I am curious to see how many of the 6 out of 50 will be in the top 50 in the next few weeks

I disagree. The most effective way to get ranking is to build high tech buildings. For example, I just went from rank 32 to rank 19 by simply turning my paths into gravel road and converting a couple obelisks into monuments.

DeletedUser

Your wish to be in top rankings while playing just half of a game (not fighting) and paying few $ a month is pretty strange. Some ppl waste their time by clicking every 5 or 15 min and using up all possible battles - and thats good that game rewards such ppl. Activity should always be rewarded in a game, the more - the better.

DeletedUser

okay, let me demonstrate what I'm talking about

http://prntscr.com/ac299

here's the town of the guy with 3 points more than me:

http://prntscr.com/ac2av

not only has he spent diamonds, he's also won more battles than me!

hopefully this debunks your theory that battles are the most important part of having a high score.