• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.90

EdTheGreat

Private
Indeed a SAD DAY ... What in the world made you nerf the Rails and not removing the pathetic 2 turns...? This to me shows that your devs maybe should play this game a bit? hein...? Maybe put some of their diamonds into the game as well...? Also I wonder where you go find these so called "Players" that said this and that, I read full forum regularly and never seen what you mentioned being written anywhere...You have a decent business with me and few others, I'm sure you check that, you keep this route and see us moving on, maybe then your devs will pay to play and learn how FoE is all about... What a mess you made there, nice going...

PS: There's constructive comentary above, that of course is for those that want to read opinios from REAL players...

DeletedUser110145

Hey guys

Please see here for the full announcement, again, sorry the short notice!

Thanks
Richard and team
That is the worse update up to now!!!
if this is a strategic game, that means based on what is introduced you are making your long term strategy! Now you suddenly changing the power of the units! that is really terrible! you are changing the strength of the players by 1 night! especially for those who had a long term strategy! You could simply introduce new powerful units, but changing the power of units is crazy! That means all the learning we got from our previous fights, all the filling we had in GvG, all the units we saved using traz, now get worthless! it looks like FoG just become a game that you turn it as you like, so please don't call it anymore a strategy game! every new thing you are introducing is random! even the fights become random by orangery! I hope in future we will not open each other city also randomly!
Maybe it is time to quit the game with these type of updates and new random feature you are adding. No more strategy, only luck!
cheers

DeletedUser11899

well, maybe I'll be one of the few that agree with these changes
I honestly believe that RG was overpowered, and we should admit that it didnt make much sense you were able to win almost all fights against AF units using basically a unit from a previous era, the rail gun.

Like all of you I felt pretty comfortable using the rail gun combo for almost all the fights against AF units. In my case, I'll miss the 'autobattle' button for level 2 and 3 of AF GE for a while, I know. :D

Except the first level of AF GE, where we'll still can use our beloved RG, to be successful on level 2 and 3 we will need to use diferent type of AF units, new combos and new strategies depending on what you face to.

Yes, it'll be a new scenario, more challenging and harder but not impossible to do and I personally like it, I'm sorry :blush:

EdTheGreat

Private
well, maybe I'll be one of the few that agree with these changes
I honestly believe that RG was overpowered, and we should admit that it didnt make much sense you were able to win almost all fights against AF units using basically a unit from a previous era, the rail gun.

Like all of you I felt pretty comfortable using the rail gun combo for almost all the fights against AF units. In my case, I'll miss the 'autobattle' button for level 2 and 3 of AF GE for a while, I know. :D

Except the first level of AF GE, where we'll still can use our beloved RG, to be successful on level 2 and 3 we will need to use diferent type of AF units, new combos and new strategies depending on what you face to.

Yes, it'll be a new scenario, more challenging and harder but not impossible to do and I personally like it, I'm sorry :blush:

Well maybe you have your attack army attack bonus over 300% and your attack army defense bonus over 150%, as I have mine at 203% and 107% and there's no way in Hell I may use just RG's on everything, either GvG GE or PvP, with previous stats I had to come up with a solid strategy and use pretty much all units according to what I would face, as it stands I cannot even imagine what it will be, it is just a complete mess and only sense I can make out of this is, this is another step from what INNO has been doing for the last few updates, that is, making way harder to win battles, that is not the FUN I'm looking for, it is just nonsense rubish full of frustration and totally opposite of FUN... I wonder how manny battle wins you have under your belt, I'm getting close to 80.000, my data is based in that experience...

DeletedUser11899

Well maybe you have your attack army attack bonus over 300% and your attack army defense bonus over 150%, as I have mine at 203% and 107% and there's no way in Hell I may use just RG's on everything, either GvG GE or PvP, with previous stats I had to come up with a solid strategy and use pretty much all units according to what I would face, as it stands I cannot even imagine what it will be, it is just a complete mess and only sense I can make out of this is, this is another step from what INNO has been doing for the last few updates, that is, making way harder to win battles, that is not the FUN I'm looking for, it is just nonsense rubish full of frustration and totally opposite of FUN... I wonder how manny battle wins you have under your belt, I'm getting close to 80.000, my data is based in that experience...

well, last week I experienced the changes on RG and AF units on GE on beta server with the Arctic Part 4 and the new 2 units already introduced: plasma artillery and behemoth.
My attack boost there is 120-90 and I was able to win all encounters till I faced the 44th fight (I-7 raiders, II-3 plasma artillery, 3 behemoth and 2 surrogates, 105% attack). However, some guildies were able to win it (without diamonds) using the same units as me bcos their boost attack (150-93).
So I know what I have to do to win those last four encounters: build some barracks to increase my boost attack and keep leveling up my attack GBs. I play this game since 2012

EdTheGreat

Private
well, last week I experienced the changes on RG and AF units on GE on beta server with the Arctic Part 4 and the new 2 units already introduced: plasma artillery and behemoth.
My attack boost there is 120-90 and I was able to win all encounters till I faced the 44th fight (I-7 raiders, II-3 plasma artillery, 3 behemoth and 2 surrogates, 105% attack). However, some guildies were able to win it (without diamonds) using the same units as me bcos their boost attack (150-93).
So I know what I have to do to win those last four encounters: build some barracks to increase my boost attack and keep leveling up my attack GBs.

How manny battles do you do daily? how manny in the hood, how manny in GE and how manny in GvG? See where I'm going here...? Its amazing you giving advise and you play in Beta, do play in the real servers a bit mate...

DeletedUser110145

So I know what I have to do to win those last four encounters: build some barracks to increase my boost attack and keep leveling up my attack GBs. I play this game since 2012
you were able to win? or you were able to do autofight? that is the question! I can will all the encounters with 98-90 boost and using no diamonds. But autofight! that definitely impossible for most of the encounters!

DeletedUser11899

you were able to win? or you were able to do autofight? that is the question! I can will all the encounters with 98-90 boost and using no diamonds. But autofight! that definitely impossible for most of the encounters!

yeah, level 1 is still easy, I used RG and auto and level 2 and 3 using AF units and manually

DeletedUser102521

Well, on the other hand, I like Surrogate Soldier's retaliate.

EdTheGreat

Private
!!! News Flash !!! Next unit to be nerfed is...( wait for it... ) The Champion...
Yes INNO, champs rock now, so please don't forget to take care of that, as per your great game visionairs...

EdTheGreat

Private
yeah, level 1 is still easy, I used RG and auto and level 2 and 3 using AF units and manually

GE level 1 I use PME units... GE level 2 TE units, only level 3 I start using RG's, Champs and DD's, yes DD's, that unit that our brilliant devs had no idea what they were good for... :P

DeletedUser109708

Love the FP changes, battle units not so much. One thing they did accomplish though is I am now having that moment of panic where I need to figure out a completely new battle strategy. Before when I saw the new Arctic units I completely ignored them because they did not compare to the RG and Hovertank armies that could pretty much defeat anything. Now I need to go back and figure out a new way to fight.

Unfortunately I also have to restructure my city to free up more people to build some of the other military units.

EdTheGreat

Private
Please enlighten us. I'm sure we all like to know :)

No need for that, by your post you have made it clear how good and great you are, and by that you have done a tremendous contribution to this thread... Keep it up as I don't post regulary like you do and you have soooo manny likes, I'm humbled by that...

DeletedUser12400

• The Forge Points bar will now remember the timer of its Forge Points production when you reach or exceed 10 Forge Points. Basically, if you are to receive a new Forge Point in 15 minutes, and you then use a Large FP Package and add 10 FPs to your bar, after spending them the production timer will not reset to 60 minutes, but will instead continue from where it left off (15 minutes in this example).
  • The limit of only being able to collect one Forge Points collection beyond 10 Forge Points in the Forge Points bar has been bumped up to 99 FPs. This should allow everyone to more smoothly do the collection of productions in their city.
  • From now on you have a chance to get 5 Tavern Silver when taking a seat in a Tavern of another player
Thank you for the update;)

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I'm not going to rant about the "re-balancing" of rail guns even though it's an inconvenience to me. What is annoying is the lack of foresight with which this has been done.

Because AF has been released in stages, we do not yet have an AF artillery unit with high enough defense to tackle the battle fortress. The dragon drone doesn't get close enough to make an attack on its first turn, and the only other AF unit with a boost against the fortress is the recon rider, which is now very weak and easily picked off despite the fortress having no bonuses against them.

Once again this seems like an ill informed change which is poorly thought out. It seems obvious to me that if a lower age unit is beating a higher age one then it is the higher age unit which needs attention.

DeletedUser9168

BUG FIXES
  • The icon for the tavern state sometimes jumped out of the window. Now it stays where it belongs.
They do seem to have stopped it drifting upwards and off the screen, but it still shows the incorrect information some of the time - i am often waiting to collect because it reads 10/11, or even 7/10, only to click on the Tavern to find it completely full.
No use having the icon if the info isn't reliable and you have to click open the Tavern anyway to check if it is correct. :(