• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.47

DeletedUser6065

At least one damage, no matter what the age difference.
Incredible.

And, I'm glad to see the dev's finally got rid of those pesky stalemate battles.
I always hated it when that happened.

. . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"and also a new event was developed (not a secret any more, you will be able to play it soon!)." Since it is not a secret, can we find out what it is? On that other server, I only see the Easter event, is that what this refers to?

I never had a stalemate battle. Didn't know it was possible but this sounds like 2 spears will actually be able to hurt a CE army of 1 AA and 7 rogues, if this is the case I do not like it. At all.

DeletedUser914

In chess a stalemate is a position when one of the players cannot move anymore, because the own king will be in check at next turn, leading to a draw. When not enough pieces are available to checkmate like 2 kings, a game is drawn by insufficient material.

Curious about what FOE stalemate battle is.

DeletedUser14394

In battles a unit will now always issue at least 1 damage point on its target. It doesn't matter how big the gap between the units ages is. This change was introduced to avoid possible stalemates. Units that can hide (and thus become immune to distance attacks during a battle) of course keep their ability.

Does it's releated to any of the upcoming TE? I don't why Inno is rushing in introducing this feature even before gathering a single feedback from beta. I know we're not intended to talk about beta here, but every new feature is introduced and feedback is gathered about it in beta before it went live. I can only see that this feature was implemented in beta by today, also the the update announcement is posted in live.. Do Inno really care about the feedback and suggestions given by players? Well most of our feedbacks to update was ignored except a few cases, but announcing the update even before gathering any feedback is not a good way.

There are lot of critical scenarios in this feature. A quote stated by BetaTest03 in the beta feedback.

time to replace the 2 spearfighters with 8 Stone Thrower

Stone Thrower: attack 3
random attacking unit: defense 100 or even 200
but Stone Thrower makes one damage points when he hits

and then the attackers get NO battle points
because 1 damage point to the attacking units reduces the points to zero (considering points of the advanced attacking unit)

DeletedUser96684

I have never experienced a stalemate but a spear inflicting damage on a tank is ridiculous!
There is some ulterior motive here!

We need to keep this real!

DeletedUser14394

I guess how's it possible for a Spearfighter with just a spear stick to damage a CE helicopter or a CE Assault Tank which is made of hard metal?

Come on, just keep it real. This is ridiculous.

DeletedUser15432

If you play it right, a spear will be unable to deal damage to a tank as a tank is a ranged unit and a spearman is a close combat unit, therefore, you kill the spearman before he can get in range, therefore it is impossible for him to deal damage to a tank, a stone thrower is another matter, a rock will deal damage to anything it hits

patrick3377

Corporal
I have never experienced a stalemate but a spear inflicting damage on a tank is ridiculous!
There is some ulterior motive here!

We need to keep this real!

I guess how's it possible for a Spearfighter with just a spear stick to damage a CE helicopter or a CE Assault Tank which is made of hard metal?

Come on, just keep it real. This is ridiculous.
Hey guys, why do you underestimate our brave ancestors? Do you really need a rocket to disable some simple tank? If you're lucky and throw your spear into the barrel or muzzle the tank is not able to shot! And if the bullet was already on its way it will explode inside the barrel destroying the whole tank! Not just taking out 1 point.

DeletedUser99588

In battles a unit will now always issue at least 1 damage point on its target. It doesn't matter how big the gap between the units ages is. This change was introduced to avoid possible stalemates. Units that can hide (and thus become immune to distance attacks during a battle) of course keep their ability.

:mad::mad::mad:Terrible introduction and just beyond belief that is seen as an acceptable solution to the problem:mad::mad::mad:

The chat and social bar are now disabled during the tutorial to make sure that new players are not distracted by irrelevant parts of the user interface.

Never realised it was a distraction but guess it can't do much harm.

Missile Artillery isn't vanishing anymore in GvG if the attacked army gets defeated by another player before the fight is over. We have changed this behavior based on your feedback.

Fair enough I guess.

Improvements
The tournament notification window was introduced to the game:

Additionally, players who did not participate in any recent tournament, will see a new pop-up window that will inform them about a just-finished tournament and offer a possibility to join the upcoming ones.

Seems like a step in the right direction. Would have preferred it in the news event but any notification is better than no notification.:)

Bugfixes
Defender could see the attacker's unattached units in battle result screen, as they were marked with the unattached badge. This is not possible any more.
Smoke animations were only shown for watchfires in other players' cities. From now on they will be shown correctly for all buildings.
In some cases it was possible to place a building outside of the city area by using the swap function.
Blimps of finished constructions were shown to visiting players in the very moment when the construction was completed.
A few Flash errors occurring in various circumstances and different areas of the game were fixed:

1. After accepting a merchant offer in the market.
2. After returning to the guild province map from a battle.
3. After locking and then unlocking a computer while the game was open all the time in the background.

Always good to see bugs fixed :)

DeletedUser2989

The stalemates fix is in odd one I will agree. From my perspective it seems to cause more damage in situations that most people were fine with and what it solves. I've not had many battles but I've never had a stalemate situation and never heard of one happening (but I understand how it's possible), however I'll admit it is possible and still a concerning possibility.

Not sure that this is the way I'd like to have seen it dealt with as this will impact situations that aren't stalemates, the following is an example of one of my last battles:
Myself using 6 PME Champions and 2 ME Champions (57% attack defense buff)
Opponent using 3 Conscripts, 3 Rapid Fire Guns and 2 Snipers (0% Buff)
(This was a continent map battle)
I rushed the enemy position able to damage most of the Conscripts and Guns (2 guns and 1 sniper were still at full health), On the opponents turn none of the wounded could hurt my Champs (except the odd lucky 1) and then I took 2-3 hit points from the full health guys (except the sniper, against heavy/fast he caused 1 damage). So at most on the first round I took 7 hit points and on my second turn made sure everything was wounded or dead meaning on the opponents second round no damage was taken.

With this update that changes as all those wounded would still do at least 1 hit point of damage. In the first round I would have lost 12 hit points, been down to 7 shots back killing all bar 4 which would all be wounded. Round 2 I'd take another 4 hit points with my round 3 finishing them off.

Overall I'd still win but the difference in damage is a max of 7 damage to 16 damage, more than doubled... Battles just got a lot more deadly for our troops. :(

Note: I do like the Tournament popup thing, not the fact that it's a popup but that at least players will get notifications about how they did. Just don't want the "stalemate" issue to overshadow the good work that will happen with this update :)

DeletedUser96901

and now take your 6 PME Champions and 2 ME Champions (57% attack defense buff) and attacking one smart neighbor with 8 stone thrower

the attacker has forgotten that those stone thrower now make damage and clicks autobattle
the champions are stupid and move in the range of the thrower and get hit 8 time
lucky for that attacker that the minimum battle points is 0 because else he would even lose a few thousand battle points

but at least in that situation you can fight manually and don't move into the range of the stone throwers in move one and in the second move you can destroy them with one shot ;)

but that only shows me the developers never played the game
simply changing it to "only applies when attacking same age or age below"
but not when attacking higher ages. because now this will be ridiculous

no stalemate possible because then at least one unit makes damage

DeletedUser97349

For clarity, the stalemate situation is one which would have become a serious problem with the incoming new era, due to the 'heat' ability of one of the new units. This ability reduces the attack of a target, which in some instances can lead to stalemates and possible errors. This is the reason for the change, which is also a solution to issues caused by the abilities of another new unit which will be available through the Easter event.

DeletedUser99588

For clarity, the stalemate situation is one which would have become a serious problem with the incoming new era, due to the 'heat' ability of one of the new units. This ability reduces the attack of a target, which in some instances can lead to stalemates and possible errors. This is the reason for the change, which is also a solution to issues caused by the abilities of another new unit which will be available through the Easter event.

No excuse for its implementation in all eras where there really isn't a problem. Always a good sign of a poor solution when it can be seen to impact other elements and causes a negative effect. It is becoming blatantly obvious to all now that whoever is making these decisions doesn't have much of a clue about playing the game. Heaven knows what is coming with these so called improvements to GvG announced in their latest video. I think many of us have now got to the point where we cringe before looking at a new update announcement knowing it is going to include something detrimental to the game.

DeletedUser101925

If the entire game has to be changed then maybe implementing an ability such as this one isn't a good idea after all. To me, this sounds as a lazy developer who comes with a "brand new idea" and refusing to balance it out ingame.

Reminds me a bit of the attack helicopter, wich can't be hit by most units, so it's used as an easy win against lower era's and yet they didn't feel the need to change that.

DeletedUser99588

If the entire game has to be changed then maybe implementing an ability such as this one isn't a good idea after all. To me, this sounds as a lazy developer who comes with a "brand new idea" and refusing to balance it out ingame.

Well said!!!

Reminds me a bit of the attack helicopter, wich can't be hit by most units, so it's used as an easy win against lower era's and yet they didn't feel the need to change that.

If I'm not mistaken its only artillery that cannot hit a helicopter so in fact most units can hit it :)

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer

stone thrower damaging a tank , guaranteed .
insane. ...terrible idea this.
smacks of extra diamond healing income to me..

DeletedUser97349

Having requested further info, the issue is more complex than only the 'heat' ability, and is a solution to other possible issues with other abilities both now, and moving forward, and also reduces battle complexity. I can't offer any more detailed information than this I'm afraid, other than that it was not a careless decision, and was made to prevent more problems in the future.

DeletedUser65431

lazy developer

careless decision

Unit type, era, attack bonus and defence bonus are to be overridden by a universal minimum that takes absolutely nothing into consideration?

Fifty-five military buildings, three great buildings with military boost, two great buildings with fierce resistance, monastery, watchfires, tigers' den and champion's retreat - all of the things that have an affect on battles - are completely ignored, as a slinger smashes a rock into a tank.

I'm pretty sure there is a rule in the 'ideas section' against making the game easier. Following on from the scrapped 'unattached unit limit' the programmers once again appear to be making the programming easier...