• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.47

DeletedUser99588

Having requested further info, the issue is more complex than only the 'heat' ability, and is a solution to other possible issues with other abilities both now, and moving forward, and also reduces battle complexity. I can't offer any more detailed information than this I'm afraid, other than that it was not a careless decision, and was made to prevent more problems in the future.

Seems to me that if the developers believe there is no alternative due to changes to come then there is something very wrong with the changes to come. They are doing a good job of killing the fight side of the game.

DeletedUser106918

If never-ending battles are a problem, there are other solutions that wouldn't affect other ages.
The best one would probably be an automatic draw if there was no damage dealt for a few rounds (3? 5?). This solves the problem and doesn't screw with the rest of the balancing.

DeletedUser

but that only shows me the developers never played the game
simply changing it to "only applies when attacking same age or age below"
but not when attacking higher ages. because now this will be ridiculous

no stalemate possible because then at least one unit makes damage
This is the solution. Solves the problem, creates only minimal side effects.

DeletedUser101925

The new tournament notification window looks pretty great. Can't wait until this is implemented.

But i'm still hoping that the "1 damage rule" is an early april fool's joke.
Because having slingers/stonethrowers with 0% bonus doing damage to a 90% tank army is a joke.

simply changing it to "only applies when attacking same age or age below"
but not when attacking higher ages. because now this will be ridiculous

This is a good idea. If it would be implemented like this it would be less of a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser101106

With a spear launcher maybe you can even luck out and put it in the helicopter blades, crashing the helicopter and killing all on board. They should build in a really long shot chance of that happening.

The Tominator

Sergeant
For clarity, the stalemate situation is one which would have become a serious problem with the incoming new era, due to the 'heat' ability of one of the new units. This ability reduces the attack of a target, which in some instances can lead to stalemates and possible errors. This is the reason for the change, which is also a solution to issues caused by the abilities of another new unit which will be available through the Easter event.

what will happen when a drummer is put into attack and gives that extra hp back

DeletedUser

"and also a new event was developed (not a secret any more, you will be able to play it soon!)." Since it is not a secret, can we find out what it is? On that other server, I only see the Easter event, is that what this refers to?

This was asked 3 days ago and ignored. Can we get confirmation of what the "new event" is since its "not a secret any more"?

DeletedUser2989

The event referenced is the Easter Event, sorry for not clearing that up earlier.

DeletedUser105544

Hey guys, why do you underestimate our brave ancestors? Do you really need a rocket to disable some simple tank? If you're lucky and throw your spear into the barrel or muzzle the tank is not able to shot! And if the bullet was already on its way it will explode inside the barrel destroying the whole tank! Not just taking out 1 point.

LOL

It 's true!

I saw when John Rambo has killed helicopter using arrow and bow! :cool:

DeletedUser105544

Why would someone in Contemporary Era, or in PE, ME or PME) put 8 stone throwers in defense instead of 8 champs or tanks? Because he likes to waste precious building ground on stone thrower camp? Come on people. Dry theory, very very improbable to happen in practice.

I understand 2 spear as a default substitution for no defense, but will it be a problem for tanks to kill them before they came close?

Don't make a problem where there is no problem for real.

Cheers! :)

DeletedUser96901

Because he likes to waste precious building ground on stone thrower camp?
after a few days he can sell it again ;)

Alcatraz has then produced 8 of them

instead of 8 champs
actually those players won't put stone thrower in
because those player want that the attacker gets many points: or else he wouldn't use champions for defense

the players who put 8 stone thrower in the defense are the players who have now 2 spearfighters
or even better: 7 stone thrower and the new easter event unit drummer

DeletedUser65431

Battles just got a lot more deadly for our troops. :(

Why would someone in Contemporary Era, or in PE, ME or PME) put 8 stone throwers in defense instead of 8 champs or tanks? Because he likes to waste precious building ground on stone thrower camp? Come on people. Dry theory, very very improbable to happen in practice.
Stone throwers have been used as an extreme example. Problem is that greater losses will be suffered by active players, it will be difficult to get through battles without loss. Attack and defence bonus (or opponents lack of) will not be taken into consideration. Daily top-up of unattached units from Alcatraz will be lost in far fewer fights.

DeletedUser102085

This needs to be tweeked for sure but I think they added it to validate the stupid drummer. All it really does is make Alcatraz owners that much stronger because somebody without one, won't be able to keep fighting with losing at least 1 point of health each fight from everybody's 8 stone throwers or trebs.

Maybe they could keep the idea but change it a bit so that the attacking unit has to be within 2 eras of the defending unit, so a guy throwing a rock doesn't damage a tank.

If they wanted to stop stalemates they should just call the fight a draw after 4 rounds of no damage being dealt. Much easier fix IMO

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
The thing is, little drummer boy isn't really going to give you much of an advantage. If you have 8 tanks then you have 8 x tanks with 10/10 healths.
Swap one out for the drummer boy and you have 7 x tanks with 11/10 healths + drummer boy who is puny in both attack and defence.

DeletedUser

I understand 2 spear as a default substitution for no defense, but will it be a problem for tanks to kill them before they came close?
Keeping 2 spears in defense is a valid strategy: player doesn't give any (significant) battlepoints to the attacker, but leaves his city completely defenseless (not a problem for those who collect on time). Defeating such defense doesn't give anything, but it also doesn't cost anything - attacker simply wastes 1 min of his time. In every high-age neighborhood there are several players who use "2 spears" defense strategy. Annoying, but not a big deal.

But the implementation of minimal damage changes everything. 7 stone throwers + 1 drummer will (almost) always deal some damage to troops of any age. In later ages, defeating such army will always give 0 battlepoints, because 1 bar of damage to the high-age attacking army costs more battlepoints than all the defensive army. There is also a good chance that throwers will kill 1 unit (depends on the composition of the attacking army, but quite possible). So, players will have possibility to set the defense that gives nothing to the attacker and causes quite a bit of damage.

This is what will happen:
- All those who use 2 spearfighters in defense will switch to 7 throwers + 1 drummer (or 8 throwers, or any other army that uses the same exploit).
- Attackers will see that they get 0 battlepoints + damage from such armies and will start to avoid fighting it (the only thing attacker gets is a slim chance of plundering, many won't risk loosing troops for it).
- It will become widely known that such defenses deter attackers from fighting, and more players will use it as a defensive strategy. In time, we'll see 7 throwers + 1 drummer much more often than we see 2 spears now.

Therefore, implementing 1 bar minimum damage is a very bad decision.

I don't think that there is any devilish plan behind this choice. It's just (a) developers don't spend 100s of hours fighting in real game conditions and don't understand that they create new exploit and (b) developers is not of a very high opinion of the player's base and will ignore any concerns expressed by the players. I would like to be wrong with point (b), but, unfortunately, developers have demonstrated it on many occasions before.

DeletedUser105544

I agree that this is not very brilliant idea. Not first nor last one.

But luckily, if you once get burned by stone throwers, next day and every day after, you can visit him with 1 helicopter :) and plunder of course :)

DeletedUser

I agree that this is not very brilliant idea. Not first nor last one.

But luckily, if you once get burned by stone throwers, next day and every day after, you can visit him with 1 helicopter :) and plunder of course :)
You need to get to CE first. It may take you a year, but we are not in a hurry :)

DeletedUser

The event referenced is the Easter Event, sorry for not clearing that up earlier.

Oh and for the THIRD time, what is the event that is coming with this update since it is "no longer a secret"?