• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.40

DeletedUser100659

you can still aid someone who is fully polivated, do they receive the polivate after one has been used up, or is dead to them and all that happens is 20gold bonus for you? Is this a bug?

DeletedUser99588

How exactly are we supposed to help in preventing problems if we cannot discuss them before they happen?

We can discuss until we are blue in the face but actually getting anyone from Inno to listen and act is about as likely as me winning the lottery.

DeletedUser105676

Aid

How is 'Aid' helping anyone? Decs will be polished and everyone will become angry! Inno need to add a way where we can set a preferances list - like profiles for the 'Aid'.

The one thing this update has given me is time to complain. Brilliant idea but like many so little thought put in to what and who this targets.

Good idea yes, took less than 5 minutes to "aid" everyone in my hood.

Will this get anyone to "aid" people more, quite possibly yes but don't forget that it's a new feature and people are just trying it out.

Where it is placed on the tool bar NO, why put it there, I am now "aiding" people when I want to attack them, this is very frustrating when it comes to gaining points for medals. Why couldn't they put it where they have put the attack bar, wouldn't this be more user friendly?

Does it prioritise preferences of peoples needs NO, why when I put the effort in to build cultural building to keep my citizens happy do I then find cultural buildings have not been prioritized over polished decorations (no fault to the gamer there). I need motivation not polishing.

Why when it says that it Prioritises "special" build eg Shrine of knowledge do I find polishing of decorations and houses a higher priority than that of log cabins or the haunted house.

Rant over

Wrath

PS thanks for putting the moon icon back for goods buildings, that was a pain when you missed one

DeletedUser105176

Only problem I've hit (aside from the decs thing) is that now my Haunted House won't be done at all by any Aiders. It's from HMA and I'm in LMA now, and as I have many 1h houses from LMA there's always something to motivate, meaning HH won't be touched unless someone visits and happens to read my note. Same goes for my King as well as any future buildings that aren't covered by the prioritising...

DeletedUser105677

Message to InnoGames:

I love the new "AID" button. However, it would really be the icing on the cake if you could provide a facility for players to rank the order in which the AID button is applied to their own buildings and decorations. Then, when someone presses the AID button, it would look up the next unmotivated or unpolished building in the list and polish or motivate that building.

Just a suggestion.....
Thanks

DeletedUser5180

Message to InnoGames:

I love the new "AID" button. However, it would really be the icing on the cake if you could provide a facility for players to rank the order in which the AID button is applied to their own buildings and decorations. Then, when someone presses the AID button, it would look up the next unmotivated or unpolished building in the list and polish or motivate that building.

Just a suggestion.....
Thanks

Hi PP and welcome to the forums

That would be the sensible thing, unless it was coded to have decs as lowest priority then houses and supplies and culturals would have an even chance of support (dependant on age).

Since the update i've had 15 decs polished and had my PME houses ignored. (My PME / CE supplies were motivated before the update so a true analysis can't be made BUT why should i delete them as i like having them, they add colour to my city.?

As this feature is bugged (shock horror.!!) ie the aid button is gold but visiting the city may show nothing to p/m has meant that many players are not actually doing anything, its not their fault but if their guild monitors p/m then it may show some players are making no effort when in fact they genuinely believe they are.

As usual (from my early observations) a new feature rushed out, not working in a way that would be expected (despite concerns being voiced on beta and here before the release) and to cap it off its riddled with bugs.

one really annoying thing (for me anyway) is players on beta get free diamonds and then cheaper diamonds than us if they wish to buy more, and players on the live servers still end up with all the bugs anyway but pay near double the cost for the privilige :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

Message to InnoGames:

Just a suggestion.....
Thanks
in one of the previous 24 pages:
official answer: there won't be favorite list

reason is simple (my answer)
it is not a replacement for visiting other players and do a better action than the player would do
it is for players who don't have the time to visit all but still want to help other

DeletedUser

My feeling about this new "Aid" feature is the same as some of the people here - nice idea, but the way it works now is completely insane! :mad: I'm having mostly decorations polished and almost no houses or production building motivated. I have a lot of decorations due to "role-play" approach to my city (lots of lanterns on main streets and so long). And I also have production builings from past ages (e.g. blacksmith in LMA - they still had balcksmiths then :D). Now there's no chance any of them will be motivated. :eek:

As it was already suggested - some new panel is needed to proritize "auto-aid" targeting. Options like:
- default (set by default to what we have now)
- polish
- motivate supplies
- motivate housing
- completely random

Supermum1

Private
although I think this is great and it will help everyone save a lot of time, and let people at least do something, rather than nothing, there is one thing I hate with this new button.
when going to attack neighbours I have now twice hit aid instead, as we are used to attack being there..why on earth could you not leave attack where it was, and add aid as a smaller button on the side?

DeletedUser

I am right in thinking then the main issues thus far are decorations being polished before buildings, and the accidental aid of neighbours when wanting to attack?

DeletedUser103448

I am right in thinking then the main issues thus far are decorations being polished before buildings, and the accidental aid of neighbours when wanting to attack?

Correct, at least someone is understanding our complaints. Thanks Kimba! :cool:

Supermum1

Private
definitely would be good if you could at least make all buildings prioritised before decs, and if you get that attack button back to where it was, as I am not the only one in my guild complaining about that one.
even if you add the aid button on the side for everyone I am sure that would be best, as you can keep the old visit button where it used to be then

Puablo

Corporal
This AID button is a mistake. It now leave loads of building open to plunder, and goes against the wishes of each village owner. Many use code to tell people what to MOT or POL.
The quicker this is reversed the better.
Overall - a very well thought out concept, hope it doesn't cost too much to rectify - people are already talking of ignoring it!!!

DeletedUser

Yes there is still the option there to enter a city and choose which item specifically you want to polish or motivate, this is good for those who are bp hunting. Or if a friend has a building due for collection maybe.

DeletedUser5180

and if you get that attack button back to where it was, as I am not the only one in my guild complaining about that one.
even if you add the aid button on the side for everyone I am sure that would be best, as you can keep the old visit button where it used to be then

I highlighted this potential problem way back in post 39 lol

Regarding the large attack button being replaced with the aid button I'd prefer to see the aid button being a small cross (first aid symbol under a players GB icon) and leaving the attack button where it is.

DeletedUser14394

Exactly Kimba. Polishing my decos are not much of a problem, coz all of my 1 day productions are motivated. That Aid button instead of attack button is the main corcern for me. Even for first time, I carefully clicked on attack, for second time my hand automatically gone to Aid button thinking that it was Attack button.

DeletedUser

Kimba, it's more about how unbalanced this "auto-aid" is. Check out this screenshot (it shows all mot/pol things atm):

faiGFQX.jpg

Housing (green) - 6
Production buildings (blue) - 2
Decorations (red) - 18!! (I missed one lantern on the picture)

The funny thing is that one production builiding is from IA and another one from EMA :confused: And I have 2 farms and some other HMA production buildings...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Exactly Kimba. Polishing my decos are not much of a problem, coz all of my 1 day productions are motivated. That Aid button instead of attack button is the main corcern for me. Even for first time, I carefully clicked on attack, for second time my hand automatically gone to Aid button thinking that it was Attack button.
It's probably more of a concern for lower ages though since they have to use more buildings in their city (since they're smaller)

DeletedUser96901

This AID button is a mistake. It now leave loads of building open to plunder, and goes against the wishes of each village owner. Many use code to tell people what to MOT or POL.
The quicker this is reversed the better.
Overall - a very well thought out concept, hope it doesn't cost too much to rectify - people are already talking of ignoring it!!!
not collecting leave loads of building open to plunder
how about a feature to auto-collect when productions are finished :rolleyes:

and you still can follow the wishes of each village
nobody force you to click on the aid button

the quicker the people understand the better:
it is for people who didn't do anything in the past
not for people who already did something to do something better with one simple click

but to the decos:
they should be excluded. not many players want them polished