• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unfair advantage in Guild Expeditions

Lord Tigeron

Private
I've noticed recently that the enemy is given more shots at attacking than me. EG I'm allowed only two shots from my side yet the enemy has all eight in return!!

I've noticed recently that the enemy is given more shots at attacking than me. EG I'm allowed only two shots from my side yet the enemy has all eight in return!!
It depends on which units you use. Some units get "first move". Which units move first depends on the type of unit, their movement points, and some other factors.

Last edited:

Vesiger

Monarch
I've wondered about this. If my opponent has the same type of long-range unit as I do, but most of mine fire before any of his, I can wipe him out before he can hit me. But I can't rely on this happening...

An Hobad

Private
Probably his first encounter with two wave battles..
Ok, see, this is not a helpful response. As a forum moderator, you have a responsibility to respond to questions and to help solve issues. A player had a question - you had an opportunity to explain how that aspect of the game works. That's what you should have done. I've seen this type of snarky, unhelpful response too many times. Please take your position seriously.

Vesiger

Monarch
Yours start first, but after that they alternate. Manually you can pick them off and wipe them, but not without taking some damage of your own.
I think that what is happening is that the player whose high-priority units outnumber those of the other player gets sufficient 'extra' attacks that the weaker player can end up apparently getting no attacks at all, because his units are dead before their turn would theoretically have arrived... If you have two guns versus six, by and large you don't get two attacks against six; you're more likely to get zero attacks, because the enemy gets in three before your first unit would fire :(

Vesiger

Monarch
That can not happen if you use the same units as your opponent. It can happen if your opponent uses units with a higher initiative than yours. It can not happen with artillery vs artillery from the same era.
Today I found myself in a fight where in the second stage I had one surviving artillery unit against my opponent's four. Instead of our units firing alternately, three of his units fired on mine before I had a chance to reply (and I only got that because I had a whacking high defence that allowed my unit to endure three direct hits without being destroyed!)
From memory, this scenario is pretty normal. Initiative doesn't seem to be strictly alternate, it seems to be proportional to the number of units of that type in the army.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Units with the same initiative alternate if they are equal in number. For example if you have 4 RFC (Rapid Fire Cannon) vs 4 enemy RFC, the order will be:
Player > enemy > player > enemy > player > enemy > player > enemy.

If it is 4 player RFC vs 1 enemy RFC, the order will be:
Player > player > player > player > enemy.

If it is 1 player RFC vs 4 enemy RFC, the order will be:
Enemy > enemy > enemy > player > enemy.

If it is 4 player RFC vs 2 enemy RFC, the order will be:
Player > player > player > enemy > player > enemy.

If it is 2 player RFC vs 4 enemy RFC, the order will be:
Enemy > enemy > player > enemy > player > enemy.

And so on. I hope this example gives you a better idea of the order for units with the same initiative.

Vesiger

Monarch
I'm still a bit confused, I'm afraid, but that confirms my observations.
So... it looks as if the principle is basically that units alternate, but calculated backwards from the final unit to fire? So the right-hand end of the firing order will always go [player > enemy]* player > enemy, but with any 'extra' unmatched units getting stuck on the front.

Vesiger

Monarch
Today I had two Steel Fists in combat (neither of them transformed rogues) and my opponent had three. All his three moved before either of mine got an attack in :(