• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Treasure Hunt

DeletedUser100832

nerfing GB values has nothing to do with this so i fail to see what the point of that statement is, i also have no high lvl GB, my highest is lvl 15 so don't benefit from the GB values anyway.

why would it be welcome for me if others cannot catch those packages.? i'm not in direct competition with any other player so fail to see the point you are making.

Finally, i normally work 11 hour days (although off for a few days atm) so will not be able to complete the treasure hunt anyway but i don't see that as a reason to criticise it just because i'm not gaining from the top chests.

I mentioned easter event because when it comes i will come home from work and be able to hide 6 eggs, many players will have hidden 12 by that time, i will not however be on the forum moaning about unfairness etc i take these events and features as they come and make the most of them without comparing my failure to complete anything due to RL with any other players success and moan that i'm disadvantaged.

Its a game at the end of the day, everyone's gaming time is different so just make the most of what your RL circumstances allow without moaning.

You personally were also moaning about the winter event and how disadvantaged you were due to your beliefs. It seems no matter what INNO do there is no pleasing you, i really wonder at times why you play this game

I know, those horrible people who want a fair and balanced game at which someone who isn't online 24/7 could do well. How dare they, moaners and whiners the lot of them!

We should just all take things as they come, accept whatever those above us decide and always say 'yessir, how high do you want me to jump'. Right?

DeletedUser914

why would ranking points be a problem, a player with 100 million points has no advantage over a player with 1 million points. they may sit top of a table but get absolutely no advantage in the game from that.

This is now the exactly the reason why this player cannot be taken serious anymore. How to discuss with someone about treasure hunting with such extreme ideas? Of course there are cons and pros for treasure hunt, but discussing with someone who likes to see undermining the ranking and the game is not worth it.

DeletedUser15432

Alwinal, just because someones opinion is different from yours, that does not mean that they are untrustworthy, there is such a thing as Freedom of Speech, which from your comments about another player, you seem to be disregarding this. If there is no such thing as freedom of speech, then it is a dictatorship, this game is not a dictatorship, therefore please modify your statements regarding the person you have been calling untrustworthy

DeletedUser2989

It is unfortunate to have to come in with this message however at this point it is necessary:
Treat each other with respect and remain polite

There is no need in this thread to pit down other players because of their opinions, preferred play style or how much time they have to play/not play. The is also no need to bring up topics from other threads that are unrelated to this thread (especially when it's intended to "discredit" a player). From this point onwards I don't want to see any more posts putting down the opinions of others. People putting forward thoughts of why they support the treasure hunt feature have as much right as those that put forward thoughts of why they don't support the treasure hunt feature.

Posts will need to be discussing the feature, you can disagree with others (it's highly likely that some will never agree with others) but keep it respectful. Sometimes you'll have to accept that you won't see eye to eye or understand their opinion but you'll have to respect it.

DeletedUser5180

I know, those horrible people who want a fair and balanced game at which someone who isn't online 24/7 could do well. How dare they, moaners and whiners the lot of them!

I'm one of those that don't / can't play 24/7 but can enjoy the game immensly (most of the time). I don't think of myself as being disadvantaged over those that do have more gaming time than me because simply it's just a game, and really not worth getting worked up about whether the next player can get something more or better than me because of my time limits playing.

If i got to the point that i worried more about what other players were able to do rather than what i'm doing i'd probably stop playing as my enjoyment would suffer.

We should just all take things as they come, accept whatever those above us decide and always say 'yessir, how high do you want me to jump'. Right?

At the end of the day the Treasure Hunt costs nothing, and is an extra to a game already free to play for those that don't wish to buy diamonds so whatever you do get from it should be seen as a bonus rather than worrying about what you don't get from it, so from that point of view i am quite happy to respect what INNO have decided in this case which is to give us an extra with some free rewards.

This is now the exactly the reason why this player cannot be taken serious anymore. How to discuss with someone about treasure hunting with such extreme ideas? Of course there are cons and pros for treasure hunt, but discussing with someone who likes to see undermining the ranking and the game is not worth it.

don't discuss with me then, I've given my views (which i'm entitled to do) and tried to rationally show how the Treasure Hunt will not give any significant advantage to the overall player rankings, but yet you come back with another disrespectful remark. But you are entitled to your views also, so from now on i shall not respond to any comments on this or any other thread from yourself..........that will save you having to make any personal attacks on me again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser102246

I like the Treasure Hunt. The FPs and Goods Packages have been especially nice bonus rewards, but I can understand why some players prefer to Opt Out. In future I think the Devs should include a way of turning off such add-on features.

Of course as screen space for Quest buttons is limited, the whole pro-con argument may be moot as the Treasure Hunt may end when the Valentine's Day Event starts up. Perhaps one of the Mods could tell us? Is the Treasure Hunt slated to end on Feb 11th?

DeletedUser7719

The Treasure Hunt is a permanent feature. Even if it wasn't, there would likely be some mention in the announcement that the Treasure Hunt is ending ;)

DeletedUser

I agree 100%. I would like it to stay only if you get the rewrds after 7 hours for example or the rewards a bigger.

DeletedUser100555

Has anyone else noticed that Captain Birdseye regularly freezes ? Typically if its the first thing you do when starting the game.

DeletedUser2989

Has anyone else noticed that Captain Birdseye regularly freezes ? Typically if its the first thing you do when starting the game.

I haven't noticed that at all, might want to raise a in-game ticket about that (if you haven't already).

DeletedUser5180

it is the same if you click on the message icon while your city is still completely loading, you need to allow everything to load before clicking on it

DeletedUser14782

lol i actually completed the treasure hunt... you need like 2 daysto do it tho

DeletedUser10851

First off this thread is NOT ABOUT whether or not you like the Treasure Hunt. If you do more power to you and we that don't, don't care.

This thread is not about looking for reasons why those who like it should keep it. No one has said to get rid of it. All that is being asked for is an OPTION to turn it off or disable it altogether to get rid of that annoying green check mark and the quest altogether which would enhance our game play.

It is a simple thing to add into the quest, a button that says: "I do not wish to participate in this quest" with a verification button with a warning that once it is removed you can not get it back. Then "POOF" it is gone. Actually this should be added to all quests as there are other quests/events that some of us do not participate in.

The developers might be wanting to entice players to be in game for hours on end, but for those like myself, there is absolutely nothing that will keep us here 24/7, for whatever reasons we may have, regardless of what is introduced. However, keep introducing, what we may find annoying, without the option to disable/get rid of it, will, in time, just cause us to simply quit. That will mean potential income for the game is gone.

Enhance OUR game play by adding in OPTIONS......... Thank you....

DeletedUser2989

It is a simple thing to add into the quest, a button that says: "I do not wish to participate in this quest" with a verification button with a warning that once it is removed you can not get it back. Then "POOF" it is gone. Actually this should be added to all quests as there are other quests/events that some of us do not participate in.

Permanent removal might be a bit much. I dare say any option to disable quests (or the treasure hunt) would be more something that can be turned on or off.

DeletedUser3707

I'd prefer if they changed the "minutes" into "days".

Also, you should have to invest supplies and gold for the expedition and then you wait a day, etc to see what you find/win.

Maybe you can also invest military units just in case the expedition comes into trouble. Maybe investing units (which you don't get back) increases the chances of success of the expedition?

Surge

Brigadier-General
i absolutely agree regarding the treasure hunt. if this thing is here to stay, then there must be an opt-out button.

Wait, would that mean you want to not use the feature? Then why not ignore it? What's stopping you from not clicking on the captains majestic beard?

About the topic itself, though. Honestly, I don't mind the treasure hunt too much. It's not there to replace a means of production, but rather a side dish to what you already have. Worst case scenario you'll get a bunch of coins or supplies of which you have too much. Best case scenario, forge point packages or blueprints, maybe goods, but that's lower on my priority list. I don't really like how the treasure times are built because that means that with my schedule I never get past the 1 hour treasure unless it's the weekend, so I rarely see anything useful out of that big guy. But do I hate it so much that I think it needs to be removed. Eh. Why? It's not a killer feature.

Last edited:

DeletedUser15432

This side dish can be useful, especially the additional forge points that you can obtain on the 4 and 8 hour quests, 2 for the first 4 hour, 5 for the second 4 hour and 10 for the 8 hour. I very rarely miss any of the prizes on any of the 11 worlds that I play. Also the unattached units can useful especially if you have just gone into a new age/era

DeletedUser4455

Well, the treasure hunt is boring for me, too. Yesterday I ran it to the end and there is nothing worth the work. A few coins, a few supplies, a few medals... Well, it is harmless, but also useless...

DeletedUser5399

Well, the treasure hunt is boring for me, too. Yesterday I ran it to the end and there is nothing worth the work. A few coins, a few supplies, a few medals... Well, it is harmless, but also useless...

Yes but for us that stay logged in all day, it's kind of nice to have a little side-quest to play around with. Doesn't hurt if you don't want to play, but can be somewhat helpful for those of us who have the patience and time to complete every day.

I've won several random Blueprints, Forge Point packages, Medals and Goods packages so far; as well as a few Troops and many Gold and Supplies. I like the Treasure Hunt. Please don't complain if it bores you or you don't want to play the Treasure Hunt. Some of us actually do like it. :cool:

DeletedUser100832

I've won several random Blueprints, Forge Point packages, Medals and Goods packages so far; as well as a few Troops and many Gold and Supplies. I like the Treasure Hunt. Please don't complain if it bores you or you don't want to play the Treasure Hunt. Some of us actually do like it. :cool:

that's the real problem, that it's too good, you get fantastic stuff just for clicking buttons

kinda cheapens the whole game that...