• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Treasure Hunt

DeletedUser9614

Can you please create an option so it can be disabled?

I think this is a big fail in this game and step backward from the original idea of setting yourself intervals (buying specific houses and running cycle of supplies and goods). Another feature that need makes u to play at fixed times and keep you 24/7 in the game, and not the time that you want.

DO NOT TURN THIS GAMES INTO TRIBAL WARS WHERE YOU EITHER PLAY 24/7 OR YOU LOSE.

I will not use this feature. I ask for disable button because it is annoying in quests section.

Add features in this game that requires NOT time spent and repeats but those that require skill and strategy.

BAD AS IT IS NOW: Very High benefits for repeated battles in the past
GOOD DIRECTION: NO rewards for repeating battles; High bonus for good tactics during fight

BAD AS IT IS NOW: Click-wait-win game
GOOD DIRECTION: Some puzzle game that requires at least monkey IQ

BAD AS IT IS NOW: You need team 24/7 for GvG to rank high, now the treasure hunt
GOOD DIRECTION: Time independence - you come and play you want

BAD AS IT IS NOW: Only fighter ranking (before), only GB holder ranking (now)
GOOD DIRECTION: Balanced ranking that allows both classes of players to hold top10 positions

BAD AS IT IS NOW: Ghosts can do whatever they want, you even removed 8 unit siege requirement
GOOD DIRECTION: Fixed high cost first 10 sieges (100 x 5 goods) then increase cost + require 8 units for every siege

As some new features were introduced and are interesting. There are a lot of basic things that need to be addressed before introducing more new content.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15425

i absolutely agree regarding the treasure hunt. if this thing is here to stay, then there must be an opt-out button. I am not interested at this level of playing (CE) to keep getting a few coins and supplies, it might be okay for lower age players. I'm not going to keep returning every 5 minutes, every hour, every 4 hours... I do realize the game makers' goal is to keep us addicted, glued to our chairs and spending money, but this is just annoying and is ruining the game for me big time. I've played for 2 years and this is the worst addition to the game EVER. it must either be time-limited or opt-in / opt-out.

on a different note, please fix the aid button so that it greys out BEFORE one clicks on it when there's nothing to polivate... another big fail. it wastes a good intention of visiting a friend or a guildie.

thanky

DeletedUser15432

Well I disagree, it is not just coins and supplies that you receive from the treasure hunt, you get the following as well

Small forge point package
Medium forge point package
Large forge point package
Medals
Goods package
Unattached troops - yes I did forget them

Does anyone know what is in the goods package - i.e how many of which age are included

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4195

If you really can't be bothered then just ignore the Captain Birdseye icon. No need for an opt out feature.

DeletedUser99588

Well I disagree, it is not just coins and supplies that you receive from the treasure hunt, you get the following as well

Small forge point package
Medium forge point package
Large forge point package
Medals
Goods package

You forgot unattached troops :)

DeletedUser101042

since the treasure hunt has begun i have been well happy about it as it is a great new feature and i am in CE in H world and the coins/supplies have been a nice boost to me plus all the extra bits and pieces make it even nicer.
also as it is up to you if you want to play this extra feature i see no point in having an opt out button so if you dont like it just ignore it then.

DeletedUser99588

I think those not wanting to participate would like a way of disabling the green tick which makes it seem there is a quest completed which I can appreciate would be annoying. I'm not convinced the format of the treasure hunt is in keeping with the game but I'm not against it. Would it be so dreadful to give those not wanting to do it a way of disabling that green tick from appearing.

Admittedly not the biggest priority in my opinion, although that rarely matches up with the developers priorities who brought us bunnies running around our cities instead of concentrating on the many improvements to existing game play issues.

DeletedUser914

since the treasure hunt has begun i have been well happy about it as it is a great new feature and i am in CE in H world and the coins/supplies have been a nice boost to me plus all the extra bits and pieces make it even nicer.
also as it is up to you if you want to play this extra feature i see no point in having an opt out button so if you dont like it just ignore it then.

Because it gives constant green checkmarks for instance, and you always tend to click it for... 600 coins. That treasure hunt is a little bit childish and belongs more to a Donald Duck story.

DeletedUser99588

Maybe a simple solution is that they change it so the green tick doesn't show for the first treasure chest. So unless you go in and collect from the first chest you won't be bothered by any green ticks. This should be a very easy change to make without having to add any individual settings.

DeletedUser105544

I get over 100.000 coins from each condominium in my city. Do I really want to bother myself with 600 coins quest in CE (which require IQ 22,5). Better to settle some tricky bonus maps on the world map and to put this things into future quests. This is silly.

DeletedUser

I think Treasure hunt is the biggest load of tosh that's been added to this game, please provide an option to remove or disable it.

Nilopertiso

Corporal
In fairness, it can be valuable to low level players who don't have as many, if any, GBs and can still via this route get additional medals, FPs but maybe more usefully, unattached units that perhaps they can't even produce yet, without having to actually "do" anything beyond click a few buttons (time permitting of course).

Obviously though, players with the likes of Alcatraz (units), hagia/cape etc (FPs) and Deal (medals) won't really find this of much use, as will I not either, but I wish it would have been present this time last year from a personal point of view.

I don't agree it's "a load of tosh", but I do think there needs to be a way of disabling/hiding it.

DeletedUser6974

i definitely agree with Pawelp that we need an option button to turn the Treasure Hunt feature off. I will not be made a slave to a game that i must return at a specific time to collect or start all over again. Others may like it and thats great but if a player does not want to participate we don't need an annoying button sitting there begging for attention.

i also definitely agree with Sunny;
on a different note, please fix the aid button so that it greys out BEFORE one clicks on it when there's nothing to polivate... another big fail. it wastes a good intention of visiting a friend or a guildie.
i now have entire pages in my Event History full with the statement that player "xxxxxx has Aided you, but there was nothing to motivate or polish."
The Aid button should be disabled until they fix it where the Aid button is greyed out until there IS something to polivate.
How does it make any sense at all that you are told that somebody Aided you but did nothing.
so now when i do need a polivate none of these players can get to my city for 24 hours, it just wasted their trip for nothing.

to one of the mods....is there one of those "Ideas" started for this subject? if there is not can you please start one?
no_aid_shadedout.jpg

DeletedUser96901

the goal is not to open the first chest for 600 coins
the last chest brings more than your condominium ;)

which require IQ 22,5
like fighting ;)

DeletedUser914

the goal is not to open the first chest for 600 coins
the last chest brings more than your condominium ;)

like fighting ;)

With the not unimportant difference that only condomium coins count for ranking points

DeletedUser914

Another question: yesterday I won some goods, and that was added to my stock. Does anyone know how many and what goods I won?

DeletedUser7719

to one of the mods....is there one of those "Ideas" started for this subject? if there is not can you please start one?
I believe this issue/idea has already been forwarded by Star.

Another question: yesterday I won some goods, and that was added to my stock. Does anyone know how many and what goods I won?
You won:
Goods from your current age. If you're in the unrefined ages (PE and below), you won 5 of each good from the 4h or 10 of each good from the 8h. If you're in the refined ages (ME to CE), you won 3 of each good from the 4h or 5 of each good from the 8h

DeletedUser653

Seriously what on earth does the treasure hunt have to do with the game, looks like some programming being reused in FOE.

please remove or give button to switch off

DeletedUser96901

With the not unimportant difference that only condomium coins count for ranking points
some are only collecting for the ranking points :confused:

and too bad: coins & supplies from quests also don't count for the ranking ;)