• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Support Team Feedback! part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser107898

lol its just getting interesting. shows how impartial admin staff are. when one of them is involved, they don't act

Might be getting interesting for you :) but no offence you were part of the team , if I understood correctly and my wonder is why you are not still a mod if you were not touched by greed (as favouritism and abuse of power was used way to many times lol )
Anyway not my problem ;)
I know someday my problem will be fixed, todays facts proved that to me :)

DeletedUser96995

No, not at all and if you read my post again you will see what I said regarding reports of moderators in their play worlds. You know the rules as well as anyone and moderators can only act where a rule breach is obvious. I dont think moderators should be involved in personal disputes, I'm sure you would agree, as this is not the principle role of support staff. I would have thought, in the case of the conversation you speak of, the adult thing for both parties would have been to ignore each other. The fact you both could not do that is for you to consider, I was not there to take sides or be in the middle of a personal dispute.
however I reported sal for the insults. if I remember correctly I actually said on global I did report her for calling me a bully. so, as u were present there at the time, u must have seen. which was one of the 2-3 reports I managed to do then, because as u know, if you press it too often you get a message that the players has already been reported. or maybe has been reported by someone else as well. as, in this example, other players present commented on the unprofessional behaviour.
so, did u ignore the reports because they were, in your eyes, not offensive, or because, as you said above , you do not gove penalty points to the fellow staff?

DeletedUser4258

however I reported sal for the insults. if I remember correctly I actually said on global I did report her for calling me a bully. so, as u were present there at the time, u must have seen. which was one of the 2-3 reports I managed to do then, because as u know, if you press it too often you get a message that the players has already been reported. or maybe has been reported by someone else as well. as, in this example, other players present commented on the unprofessional behaviour.
so, did u ignore the reports because they were, in your eyes, not offensive, or because, as you said above , you do not gove penalty points to the fellow staff?

No mydlana, moderators cannot give penalty points to other moderators, when that happens it goes to CCM/CM level. I take it from your posts when you were a moderator you enjoyed more freedom for such events? I cannot comment on that as I work within the framework that exists when I joined the team. And I think the afore mentioned mod rule is a good one. I assume the senior you referred to in your earlier posts is no longer in the support team and as has been made clear by Bartek today (thanks for your intervention by the way) the CM we had is no longer part of the team. Given that is the case, may I ask you what else you seek regarding this issue?

DeletedUser99445

As you can all see, she will not be happy until every mod is gone. I hope some new players reading this will apply to the team because when this is finished there won't be a team left.

Best message I have seen so far. Fingers crossed.

DeletedUser96995

No mydlana, moderators cannot give penalty points to other moderators, when that happens it goes to CCM/CM level. I take it from your posts when you were a moderator you enjoyed more freedom for such events? I cannot comment on that as I work within the framework that exists when I joined the team. And I think the afore mentioned mod rule is a good one. I assume the senior you referred to in your earlier posts is no longer in the support team and as has been made clear by Bartek today (thanks for your intervention by the way) the CM we had is no longer part of the team. Given that is the case, may I ask you what else you seek regarding this issue?

I was simply replying to your posts. otherwise I would have nothing else to say. thank you very much
maybe apart - please unban the 2 ex-mods who have been banned for posting against now ex-CM

and as I said, I was never a witness to a mod misbehaving on their play world.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4258

I was simply replying to your posts. otherwise I would have nothing else to say. thank you very much
maybe apart - please unban the 2 ex-mods who have been banned for posting against now ex-CM

and as I said, I was never a witness to a mod misbehaving on their play world.

Thanks for clarifying that mydlana, as for the accounts you speak of, you will know thats not near my remit but I would be assured it has been read by those who's remit it is. Hopefully we can now move forward and make this thread work for both the players and the support team.

DeletedUser96995

Thanks for clarifying that mydlana, as for the accounts you speak of, you will know thats not near my remit but I would be assured it has been read by those who's remit it is. Hopefully we can now move forward and make this thread work for both the players and the support team.

I am all for this...as I said like 2-3 pages ago, I wanted to leave that personal issue behind, beceause it was boring for others

DeletedUser107476

No, not at all and if you read my post again you will see what I said regarding reports of moderators in their play worlds. You know the rules as well as anyone and moderators can only act where a rule breach is obvious. I dont think moderators should be involved in personal disputes, I'm sure you would agree, as this is not the principle role of support staff. I would have thought, in the case of the conversation you speak of, the adult thing for both parties would have been to ignore each other. The fact you both could not do that is for you to consider, I was not there to take sides or be in the middle of a personal dispute.

Here I would question what you have said, that you don't think moderators should be involved in personal disputes. Definition of a moderator is an arbitrator or mediator and definition of a mediator is a person who attempts to make people involved in a conflict come to an agreement; a go-between. Unless you guys are changing the meaning of words again as darkstar has done in our talks on a few occasions then this is exactly your job as a moderator.

DeletedUser108379

The ability to act as a mediator is no part of the recruitment requirements of an ingame moderator and to pacify two parties is also not in the description what an ingame moderator should do.

From the recruitment page :
Answering questions sent in by players
Detecting and testing bugs to be sent to the developers
Detecting rule breaking and placing bans
Helping players to appeal their bans fairly
Testing game updates for bugs before they are released
Be able to respond to tickets within 8 hours

Perhaps we all should be realistic about what to expect from a moderator.
It does not look as if there were too many player volunteering to be a moderator.

DeletedUser107476

The ability to act as a mediator is no part of the recruitment requirements of an ingame moderator and to pacify two parties is also not in the description what an ingame moderator should do.

From the recruitment page :

Perhaps we all should be realistic about what to expect from a moderator.
It does not look as if there were too many player volunteering to be a moderator.

From my perspective I would expect an in-game moderator to be what that their title says, a mediator in disputes and sorting out the rules in game.

Support staff should be a different group who assign moderators to disputes and handle the tickets.

Game testing? That is what beta is for.

Finding and reporting of bugs and rule breaking is most of the time done by players.

Testing and fixing said bugs should be done by developers.

Want more mods pay them! 1000 diamonds a week would make a lot of players sit up and take notice.

DeletedUser

Hello everyone! In case you hadn't guessed, I am Runsamok. I suspect I'll be banned now, so ta ta, been fun.

DeletedUser58910

Starzaan should stay banned for posting comments on the ex-CM's contract. Also, if Bartek is still reading this, then as another ex-mod I would please ask that he does not place Starzaan in a position of responsibility on this server. Starzaan was instrumental in a great deal of plotting and making trouble for Tracey, so her record as CM was to a large extent denigrated by his antics. Also, he was instrumental, along with Tracey, in getting myself and my partner removed as mods , after I accused him of bullying and Tracey backed him up. Odd how things change, ain't it, mydlana??

As for Salior, the support team have just lost their best mod by firing her. I think they will greatly regret this, as she is one of the most hard working and helpful people I know, and I have always been proud to call her a friend.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Starzaan should stay banned for posting comments on the ex-CM's contract. Also, if Bartek is still reading this, then as another ex-mod I would please ask that he does not place Starzaan in a position of responsibility on this server. Starzaan was instrumental in a great deal of plotting and making trouble for Tracey, so her record as CM was to a large extent denigrated by his antics. Also, he was instrumental, along with Tracey, in getting myself and my partner removed as mods , after I accused him of bullying and Tracey backed him up. Odd how things change, ain't it, mydlana??

As for Salior, the support team have just lost their best mod by firing her. I think they will greatly regret this, as she is one of the most hard working and helpful people I know, and I have always been proud to call her a friend.

Hear, hear +1

Status
Not open for further replies.