• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Summer event discussion thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser12086
  • Start date

DeletedUser1327

hey anyone in UK experiencing login problems.
I was in the middle of my quest and now I am doomed for last 30 minutes

DeletedUser5399

Um if you don't have the boost then you need to trade for it as you can get it easily with a decent guild / friends list.
What 'Boost'? I have the Well. On the Continent Map? I don't see any Ebony Boost and I'm not at the Gunpowder Provence yet (if there even is one). Guess I could beg from friends but I have nothing to trade. :/ Maybe I'm missing something here ... I've always had trouble gaining goods in a timely manner. :(

DeletedUser

What 'Boost'? I have the Well. On the Continent Map? I don't see any Ebony Boost and I'm not at the Gunpowder Provence yet (if there even is one). Guess I could beg from friends but I have nothing to trade. :/ Maybe I'm missing something here ... I've always had trouble gaining goods in a timely manner. :(

The boost I am talking about is the resource boosts you get on the map that gives you 5 times the amount of goods in the same amount of time for that resource.

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?781-Goods-buildings-explained

If you don't have ebony you need to use one of the boosts you have for those age goods to collect and trade for ebony as you will be able to do that much faster then collecting from unboosted buildings.

As for not having the area unlocked for other goods you need you then may need to either start clearing more of the map to reach that age goods or trade lower age goods for higher ones but usually you have to give more of them then you get back as it depends what your server uses as the ratio for it.

DeletedUser5399

The boost I am talking about is the resource boosts you get on the map that gives you 5 times the amount of goods in the same amount of time for that resource.

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?781-Goods-buildings-explained

If you don't have ebony you need to use one of the boosts you have for those age goods to collect and trade for ebony as you will be able to do that much faster then collecting from unboosted buildings.

As for not having the area unlocked for other goods you need you then may need to either start clearing more of the map to reach that age goods or trade lower age goods for higher ones but usually you have to give more of them then you get back as it depends what your server uses as the ratio for it.
I have captured several Provinces and have several 'Boosts' on the Continent Map (Lumber, Wine, Limestone, Jewelry) (not at Ebony or Gunpowder yet) but haven't noticed ever getting 5 times the production in the same time. Maybe Lumber. I do seem to get more Lumber when I produce it. Better pay closer attention. ^.^

DeletedUser

Limestone and jewelry are the same age goods as ebony and you only get 2 per age so you need to build those and you will get more then enough is a shorter time and should be able to trade it with other people.

bilboman

Corporal
There seem to be some glitches with the display of the wheel - it sometimes shows up empty when it isn't really. I'd report it but I'd get told to log off & log on again, which does fix a lot of problems, but it would be nice to have a faster way to do that given the amount of known "display problems".

DeletedUser3157

I have captured several Provinces and have several 'Boosts' on the Continent Map (Lumber, Wine, Limestone, Jewelry) (not at Ebony or Gunpowder yet) but haven't noticed ever getting 5 times the production in the same time. Maybe Lumber. I do seem to get more Lumber when I produce it. Better pay closer attention. ^.^

Produce the goods you have a deposit for. Then use those goods to trade for goods you are missing and cannot mass produce. It is no problem for iron age player to have 3-4 ebony or whatever iron age factories in his town, means he could produce 90-120 of that goods per day. Except only that one just does not need that many goods. 2 goods factories of your age is enough for a player to who doesnt negotiate much sectors and uses all his 24 FPs per day for research to always have all the goods he needs for the tree assuming he gets his trades done and at fair rate.

edit: what world u play in? maybe i know someone there who could help u get kickstarted anyways

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5399

Limestone and jewelry are the same age goods as ebony and you only get 2 per age so you need to build those and you will get more then enough is a shorter time and should be able to trade it with other people.
Wow! Thanks Chomp. That's a great idea. I'll try that. :)

DeletedUser

I'm aware that some of the quests may require having not finished the map - will this mean quests skip or they auto complete? Considering tickets are in limited supply I'd hope they auto complete :)

Will specific rewards be available directly through diamonds or only via spins?

Two quests to get tickets and, boom, no more. There is no way I can get another scouting done by September 4 as I have to beat tough armies. The decision to make scouting a required quest for one single ticket was not a good choice. By August 18, I hit a brick wall and am done with the whole wheel thing. Make the quest tough, if you want, but not impossible ... unless, of course, the desire is to force all non-premium players out of the game.

DeletedUser7719

By August 18, I hit a brick wall and am done with the whole wheel thing. Make the quest tough, if you want, but not impossible ... unless, of course, the desire is to force all non-premium players out of the game.
What province are you on and what units and boosts do you and your opponent's army have?

DeletedUser

Also, you can negotiate your way through some tough provinces. If you have the goods, you can really shave a lot of time off that scout.

DeletedUser

Neighbour balance makes everything harder again.. Asks me to research a tech, but in 2 days, from ~50 resources (brass), I collected only 5 of them, rest got plundered (one time, it got plundered almost at the same time it got finished and I collected.. When I picked it up, notification window poped up and icon changed to plundered. No one also accepts my trades, since im like the only one still in industrial era. I wish admins could be in situation like I am, I believe they're having a fun game :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3157

Neighbour balance makes everything harder again.. Asks me to research a tech, but in 2 days, from ~50 resources (brass), I collected only 5 of them, rest got plundered (one time, it got plunderet almost at the same time it got finished and I collected.. When I picked it up, icon refreshed to plundered. No one also accepts my trades, since im like the only one still in industrial era. I wish admins could be in situation like I am, I believe they're having a fun game :) :(

Maybe ask some of the top players in that hood to set up those offers, tell em u need some help. If you pay for the FP instead and are known for always keeping a decient defense etc, I'm sure some of them would help out.

DeletedUser

Almost every top player is ignoring my messages. Those who replied, don't have it. Trades still not accepted, even thought im giving away textiles and other expensive (for me) resources for brass at ratio of 1.

DeletedUser3157

I got a small town on that world also, u can send friend invite to "hint2" and I'll see what I can do.