• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Summer event discussion thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser12086
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I was wondering if the the prizes we win off the wheel cost to put in our city. I won a traveling circus and a clockmaker. I have not put the clockmaker in yet because of the cost. If it is free then I will make room otherwise I will have to wait.

Thank you
SomeRandomGirl
They are free, but will take the same build time.

DeletedUser9168

and they need the required amount of free population - that caught me out trying to build a beach bar. i demolished a house to create space for it. then i didn't have the free population it needed - so mine is still in the inventory and i'm just getting less gold without the house now!

DeletedUser

Can anyone help? I'm on a quest to get 4 of a fast unit (easy) and also to scout a province. However, as I've managed to gain provinces fairly quickly usually by using goods I'm now on a province that is late middle ages and I'm early middle ages. In order to 'scout' a new province I'll have to gain control of this one before I can scout any others. This is going to be a pain...either it'll take ages trying to get the required goods as I'm the age below, or I need to buy loads of diamonds.

A guild member also mentioned that the quest after this one is to take control of a province, which means I'll be back in the same boat. It does seem a tad unfair that I can't scout any others from where I am and then try and take control of one.

Any suggestions, or is this as far as it goes ticket wise for the summer event for me?

DeletedUser3157

It's the LMA tower province? Yeah it can be pain. Maybe u have some advanced guildmates or friends who could borrow u those goods? The amounts there weren't big from what I remember, only few dozen this and that. Some of the top ranked players have literally tens of thosands of goods around. If you promise them daily P/M and perhaps some FPs, I'm sure u can find some to help out. What world you on?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hi, it was Houndsmoor and the province was Mons Suiry. Someone has kindly given me some trades so that obstacle at least has been overcome.

Katarrh

Private
Re the scouting requirement in the summer quest line:

I have already scouted all the provinces in HMA, and cannot scout any of the next group -- it is still covered with fog. I hurried along the research to reach the LMA which took me 6 days, thinking it would open those provinces for scouting, but no. And I cannot tell what I need to do to make scouting possible, there is no clue. I have never had to take over all of the provinces in an age in order to scout a new one, just the province on the border of the next age, which I have done.

Because I forged ahead, so to speak, with scouting when I had extra coins, I am now being penalized in the quest line. If I have scouted all the provinces in my 'age', shouldn't that be considered a quest accomplished?

And what happens to someone who is at the end of the map?

DeletedUser4800

Re the scouting requirement in the summer quest line:

I have already scouted all the provinces in HMA, and cannot scout any of the next group -- it is still covered with fog. I hurried along the research to reach the LMA which took me 6 days, thinking it would open those provinces for scouting, but no. And I cannot tell what I need to do to make scouting possible, there is no clue. I have never had to take over all of the provinces in an age in order to scout a new one, just the province on the border of the next age, which I have done.

Because I forged ahead, so to speak, with scouting when I had extra coins, I am now being penalized in the quest line. If I have scouted all the provinces in my 'age', shouldn't that be considered a quest accomplished?

There is a boat icon that you can press and you can select a different map on which there are new territories. The boat is located on the further right in the sea.

DeletedUser13558

I dont think the map ends at the HMA territories , I dont think you get the boat icon till after the colonial age territories. If you have scouted all the HMA territories , I think you have to conquer all or most off them before you can scout further.

DeletedUser

The only requirement for provinces to be scouted is that certain previous provinces be captured.

If you cannot scout any new provinces at the moment, you will have to capture one or more of the existing scouted-but-not-owned provinces on your map.

DeletedUser96901

If I have scouted all the provinces in my 'age', shouldn't that be considered a quest accomplished?
only if the quest would be: "scout a province of your age"
but its possible to scout a province of the next age ;)

the quest is finished when you get it

but the end of the map is in progressive age not in high middle age

DeletedUser

only if the quest would be: "scout a province of your age"

And, just to prevent any confusion, such a quest condition doesn't exist. It wouldn't even be easy to do, as currently provinces do not technically belong to an age (sure, they have troops and good deposits that belong to a specific age, but there's no line of data that would tell the computer province X belongs to age Y).

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser9168

sorry if this has already been discussed, but i did a search and couldn't find anything.

How is the age of the
sundial
reward for final quest determined? i started summer event in IndA, moved up at some point to PE and my reward was PE. but a guildmate who started summer event as CA, finishing as IndA has only been given a CA final reward.
can someone 'in the know explain' why, or should he file a support ticket?

DeletedUser

The age of the final reward is decided by what age you are in at the moment you get the final quest :)

(or more precisely, the age you are in at the moment you finish the final quest but one - as that triggers which quest comes next; and therefore the age of the final reward)

DeletedUser653

Anyone know what time the event ends? is it midnight tomorrow?

Sitting on 13 tickets and want to ensure i do not miss the end!!

DeletedUser9168

this question is being asked around the guilds as well. can any mod give us a definitive answer to

a) what time quests will end?

and

b) whether the wheel will remain open longer to enable those final quests tickets to be spun?

thanks

Amy Steele

General
I have no more info than is available to anyone else, but on my wheel, as of now, it says ' Ends in: 1 day 3:55 hours' so I guess that means that is the time the wheel disappears.

DeletedUser653

Thanks Amy, I feel a little silly asking since it is so obvious if you look on the event itself!

OK I should be able to finish 3 and depending on trade may get all 6 finished!

I would vote this event as the best yet, the only real thing the easter hunt had over this was that you had to make a big decision at the end as to what you bought, made the ending good. But here there must be lots of players with 10 or 20 tickets and I suspect the wheels will be turning a lot more then normal tomorrow night so it might get exciting yet.

DeletedUser5399

Well, after all of my moaning and whining about 'hitting a brick wall' and probably being unable to finish, I finished not one but for both of my characters in both of my cities. :)

Excellent Event. I won quite a few really nice prizes (a few crummy ones too) but that's the luck of the draw. I hope we get more Events for special days/seasons in the near future. This Event has rekindled my interest in Forge of Empires. Thanks Admins. and Devs. for all the fun (and prizes). See ya' next time. :)

DeletedUser15170

Re: the final reward item. What size is it? It looks like a 2x2 but I'm not sure. Will be getting it in four hours time, but don't know where I will put it in my city.

EDIT: Its only 1x1.