• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2023 Feedback Thread

Why are the coins and supplies rewards so small? I'm in future and I get 26k supplies. Shouldn't there be a zero on the end of that? I can't remember the last time I saw such low rewards?

I would like to know if any designer actually ‘plays’ or tests the event to see how far advanced a player needs to be to have any chance of finishing this event! ( Without spending real dollars.) I have relatively advanced cities (one in SAAB) and in the last two years of events, I cannot recall finishing an event… like comment above, it seems to be all about $$$

Nidwin

Sergeant
Fragments are fine and a great way to give us some good stuff on a non rng way with event buildings. I can calculate good stuff from fragments I'm getting so I can plan, can't do that with pure rng once in a blue moon or so.

VonSankey

Private
The cartographer's house "supposed" building is an obvious scam. I have uncovered 32 treasures and haven't seen it once. Inno needs to reimburse people that invested time and money to try and get a building that you have blocked as a possible reward. Your false advertising of the building will deter people from future events. It has deterred me. This is a very disappointing situation, presenting itself as nothing more than a conjured money grab from loyal players.

Deleted member 127677

Did you check the full pool before selecting the prize? If you did, and it was not available, then yes, it’s bad. The probability of getting it was 50% of all pools when the event started, nerfed deliberately within a day (announcement was made 4 days after the fact) to around 30%, maybe a bit lower (2-3 per 16 pools). I had 2 later dig outs with 2 available from 32 pools in total. In my last one, that I did not expect to fill at all but since the CH was available, I started, and I have had it in 4 out of 10, and 3 more slots to fill. So it does vary, even now. Even in the dig ups I got with fewer CHs, the other prizes were worth it enough for me to pay the dimes, but I really, really, did not like the surreptitious way the nerf was done and announced only after players started asking questions (‘an oversight’ apparently).

ProfessorM

Private
I'm under the impression that the only way to get the list of "Prizes" earned and listed as buried treasure is to pay the HUGE diamond price! I still like the small things you get with dubloons, but I thought the Panda one seemed to give away much bigger and better things more frequently.

Groovy Prof

Corporal
HANG ON A SEC
Just had a shuffle on summer event which revealed there wasn't even a daily key available to find!
It's one thing to search for a 1 in 16 chance of finding the daily key, but quite another when it isn't even there in the first place!
Daily Challenge gives 1 section of key most days and if you are luck 2 sections of a key...when 5 sections are required to make 1 key.
Which basically means virtually impossible to complete the key thing!
....plus add the fact that to get 1 section of a 5 part key, that gives 20 goods....you need to spend a million coins or supplies, spend umpteen tavern coins, spend umpteen goods negotiating or spend...spend...spend! It's cheaper not to do the daily or the summer event! Now that's some motivation well done again FOE for pandering to the almighty £££

Last edited:

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Keys require 4 parts rather than 5, but yes, there is an RNG chance to roll a key each time you get a fresh board. The highest likelihood in the Daily Challenge is that you win 2 key parts, which means you have a good chance to win half the keys for the board from the Daily Challenges alone if you complete one each day. The rest is down to the RNG gods.

Last edited:

Deleted member 127677

As has already been said in this feedback, the way the different parts of the event was (not) explained, and the changes surreptitiously added to the announcement after the fact, without any particular additional effort made to draw players’ attention to it, leaves a lot to be desired from whoever is supposed to draft those texts. We are talking people‘s earned or bought dimes here, so it would be reasonably expected that players should have been informed of their options and changes to how and what they were spending for.

Irrespective of this, the info screen when you log on to the game still claims that we were supposed to get up to 3 tile progress on the game board, that text was apparently also fixed with the update on 7 June but clearly that like so many other things has passed someone by. If I were a teacher, I would give the comms team a ‘needs to improve’, if I’m kind. I noted even in my original feedback about the wording of the announcement that it was unclear, seems that nothing improved even with the subsequent edits and ‘improvements’.

Attachments

• IMG_2277.jpeg
    IMG_2277.jpeg
    11.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 127677

The wording is accurate :)
Since I was on a roll here, can I now call you on this? The wording was *not* accurate, as you could not *bag* the Viceroy from the main prize line. You can bag frags, and need to bag three sets of those for one upgrade. As has also been demonstrated throughout this month, the announcements and explanations needed *way* more effort than was put into them. Moderators asked us to hold back and give feedback about the event, yet those explanations and misleading wordings are as much part of the event as the attempted game play. There is such a thing as false advertising, and also such a thing as hyping something to be too good and hence causing disappointment. Be careful not to cause too much disaffection by going for either.

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
If you collect the three sets, you get the upgrade, so you could indeed bag it.

Deleted member 127677

you could indeed bag it.
‘Could‘ being the operative word here. Assuming no shuffles or show twos on the board, and only 5 doubloon incidents, you would not average a sufficient amount of progress to get 3 sets of the frags. Luck based, as was stated by others too. I’m not against incentives to spend or work towards something, but a simple nod to ‘you can get parts of the kit easily and will have to pay special attention to getting all 3’ would not have gone amiss. Like it wouldn’t have been too hard to simply say in the announcement that people wouldn’t get a calendar key on every board. So they would have *known*, before they decided on which strategy to use. I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect that people have to figure out from third party sources who have tested the event before if what they are told in the game announcement they can do, is not possible.

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
No Grand Prizes are guaranteed if you don't progress far enough to win them. That's nothing new :P

Deleted member 127677

Agreed, but in this case, the Viceroy was not a Grand Prize, frags of it was. If we’re nit picking::)

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
No Grand Prizes are guaranteed if you don't progress far enough to win them. That's nothing new :P
1) The first Grand Prize does not require progress, so that is not correct
2) When I buy a cake I expect to get one whole cake, not a cake cut in three parts that I need to fuse back together to make a whole cake. Same logic apllies here: Recveiving Fragments of the Golden Upgrade is not the same as receiving the Golden Upgrade itself

Seriously, why is it that hard to admit that the announcement is misleading?