• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2023 Feedback Thread

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Avast ye scallywags, the Summer Event is back on Forge's shores! Read all about it here, and post yer feedback below!

Deleted member 127677

Event prizes look great and achievable for ordinary players, but this looks like it promises too much, unless we actually get those kits in the event itself.

From announcement: Bag the Viceroy's Villa Upgrade Kit from the Summer Prizes, Treasure Maps and later Grand Prizes, and turn your Governor's Villa into a veritable powerhouse!

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Event prizes look great and achievable for ordinary players, but this looks like it promises too much, unless we actually get those kits in the event itself.

From announcement: Bag the Viceroy's Villa Upgrade Kit from the Summer Prizes, Treasure Maps and later Grand Prizes, and turn your Governor's Villa into a veritable powerhouse!
The Viceroy Villa is only achievable if you buy the Event Pass. FTP players do not get it.

The Viceroy Villa is only achievable if you buy the Event Pass. FTP players do not get it.
Bag the Viceroy's Villa Upgrade Kit from the Summer Prizes, Treasure Maps and later Grand Prizes
I suppose later Grand Prizes means the prizes you can get after you've won all the upgrades for the main Grand Prize (Trading Post Lv. 9).
Could be wrong though. It's not very clear.

Last edited:

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Unless they changed it after beta there wasnt anyway to get it without paying for event pass. It was also quite far down the pass line so without spending extra to get much further down to the next one, the pass itself only provided one opportunity.

Unless they changed it after beta there wasnt anyway to get it without paying for event pass. It was also quite far down the pass line so without spending extra to get much further down to the next one, the pass itself only provided one opportunity.
The announcement says nothing about Event Passes or Grand Prizes other than The Grand Prize (the Trading Post). How do we know there's a second line of prizes that we have to pay for?

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
The announcement says nothing about Event Passes or Grand Prizes other than The Grand Prize (the Trading Post). How do we know there's a second line of prizes that we have to pay for?

Because the whole announcement is a copy and paste of betas and they have one on the beta test, I guess they stopped mentioning it because they're just assuming everyone knows anything extra and new apart from the grand prize is paywalled now.

Because the whole announcement is a copy and paste of betas and they have one on the beta test, I guess they stopped mentioning it because they're just assuming everyone knows anything extra and new apart from the grand prize is paywalled now.
Well, new players don't know that. They deserve a proper explanation about how the events work.

It's not clear from the announcement that you have to pay to get the Villa upgrade.
It says you can get the upgrade from "the Summer Prizes, Treasure Maps and later Grand Prizes".
It's explained that you have to pay diamonds to "dig up" the Treasure Map rewards. But what "Summer Prizes" and "later Grand Prizes" mean is completely unclear.

Last edited:

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Based on what I have read on the Beta forum Grand Prizes are the ones available for free, by simply playing the event, while the Summer Prizes must be unlocked by spending 15 dollars (or an equivalent amount in another currency). On Beta the Golden Villa upgrade was available only via the Summer Prizes. Hopefulyl this has been changed for the live event. But we won't know for sure until the event starts.

Based on what I have read on the Beta forum Grand Prizes are the ones available for free
Well, if that's the case, then the Villa upgrade should also be available for free according to the announcement because you can "bag it" from the "later Grand Prizes".
Summer Prizes must be unlocked by spending 15 dollars (or an equivalent amount in another currency)
Then it should be explained in the announcement that "Summer Prizes" is a special set of prizes you have to pay cash to unlock.

Last edited:

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Well, new players don't know that. They deserve a proper explanation about how the events work.

"Summer Prizes" and "later Grand Prizes" mean is completely unclear.

I agree with you, but it won't stop the pass line being available and main way to get the upgrade, The latest event currently running on Beta even has 2 pass lines.. The events as we knew them are gone.

If it's available later in the grand prizes it'll be beyond the reach of players not buying currency, don't remember seeing it in the normal line though. There is no free to play way to win the villa upgrade though.

Deleted member 127677

I’m glad I’m not the only one finding the announcement unclear. If there are also issues with ‘bagging prizes’ and having to pay for them to do so, the announcement is also misleading and misrepresenting what the event will require.

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Please be aware that the prizes are not always the same on live servers as they are on beta. Adjustments are often made, and the announcements tweaked to reflect this. Such is the case here.

Deleted member 127677

So would you kindly let us know what the announcement means? As the way it has been worded now is causing confusion.

Knight of ICE

So would you kindly let us know what the announcement means? As the way it has been worded now is causing confusion.

Confusion that will be cleared the moment the event starts and you can see the prizes. You have been told that the prizes are not always the same on live servers as they are on beta. Any other comments at the moment would be a spoiler, so you have to wait and see.

Deleted member 127677

. You have been told that the prizes are not always the same on live servers as they are on beta.
I was not concerned about the prizes, my feedback pertained to the unclear wording and the confusion that can be causing to those who may or may not choose to play the event. If it transpires that the wording is misleading and there are no viceroy kits in the Grand Prizes, would you not agree that it might have been better to make sure the wording had been accurate when it was sent out?

Knight of ICE

I was not concerned about the prizes, my feedback pertained to the unclear wording and the confusion that can be causing to those who may or may not choose to play the event. If it transpires that the wording is misleading and there are no viceroy kits in the Grand Prizes, would you not agree that it might have been better to make sure the wording had been accurate when it was sent out?

Your feedback has been noted. The announcements come from Inno, so we will let them know about the wording. Now can we focus on event feedback?

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
The wording is accurate :)

The Buccaneer’s Bay new building from the summer event looks promising. The new upgrade to the Governors Villa to a Viceroys Villa would be nice too. But unfortunately it doesn’t look like I’ll be getting it. That one seems to be a cash purchase only - no way to play to win it.

Inno seems to just want players to buy advancements to their cities rather play for it. Kind of defeats the purpose of playing but I guess it’s all about the $$$$