• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2023 Feedback Thread

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
The wording is accurate :)
I'll be frank: You LIED to us!

Bag the Viceroy's Villa Upgrade Kit from the Summer Prizes, Treasure Maps and later Grand Prizes
No, you can't "Bag the Viceroy's Villa Upgrade Kit" from the Grand Prizes! You can only get it from the Summer Prizes (also called Pirate Prizes in at least one text) and possibly from the Treasure Maps. What you CAN get from the Grand Prizes are Fragments of Viceroy's Villa Upgrade Kit, which is obviously NOT the same as getting the upgrade itself! You need 150 fragments, and you get 50 at a time, so you need AT LEAST 460 Grand Prize progress (3 x 50 fragments) - a luck-based mission, as not everyone will get the same amount of progress (it is ramdom bnetween 1 and 3 per try, if the in-game info is accurate).

In the future please be honest and tell us when we will be getting fragments of prizes instead of actual prizes! And if you don't know for sure - say so instead of giving us false info! Thank you!

Deleted member 127677

The in game info is wrong, you can only get 1-2 progress on the board per attempt. The chance to find the daily calendar key or even its parts also seems to be very remote, judging by how many I have found (1 key and 1 part) having spent the doubloons from the rush quests, mail and additional ones from shuffles.
Overall, however, it’s nice to see that both viceroy and golden upgrades are in theory possible to get from the main prizes, even if that will be luck based. Likewise that diamonds can get you a very decent outcome for this event through the treasure map, so event pass is not the only route to receive the cartographer’s house or hideouts in particular. It would have been nice to see the skull cave as an additional option as completion of the calendar seems pretty impossible, but if there is to be some differentiation between what players can expect from basic game play, spending dimes and/or cash, this seem pretty balanced so far. Having been a proponent for incentivising spending in different ways, not just locking premium options behind a paywall, I think devs have made a good effort in this event. Will see how it unfolds, but quite happy so far, and even happier if they could fix the progress and keys.

Last edited by a moderator:

hades8840

Corporal
You can only get 1-2 progress not the sated 3 as above to add to the feedback I see you dont get a calendar key on each board as per the change in beta but is it a calendar it was hard enough getting a key so you could do the calendar and many tried to complete the board as they know you would get a key per day on the board thats no longer the case as you can go through 2-4 boards before a key will pop up making the calendar even more unlikely to be completed

Gooders99

Private
Let's be honest, we're not getting close to completing the calendar. Also looks like another event where a fully levelled building will be beyond most of us as well. Ho hum.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
No, you can't "Bag the Viceroy's Villa Upgrade Kit" from the Grand Prizes! You can only get it from the Summer Prizes (also called Pirate Prizes in at least one text) and possibly from the Treasure Maps. What you CAN get from the Grand Prizes are Fragments of Viceroy's Villa Upgrade Kit, which is obviously NOT the same as getting the upgrade itself!

The treasure maps is also fragments, Funny thing is if that had been the Viceroy full upgrade I would have pulled the trigger on buying as its not the worst row I've seen in events, It would have been reasonable.

Screenshot_20230608_190737_Forge of Empires.jpg

Deleted member 127677

The Cartographer’s House seems to have been nerfed from the prize pools in the treasure hunt. It looks very much like an incentive to buy dimes was given on day 1 and then the reason for that spend was quietly removed. There can be no other reason to change those probabilities within 36h of the event going live. I am warning those of my guildies who might have gone for further dime purchases not to bother.

MooingCat

Private
Can you tell us what has been nerfed, so we can look into this?
The chance of receiving it has been nerfed, was confirmed earlier today on the DE server:

Here's a translation from deepl:

Gumper said:
Hello everyone,

as some of you have already noticed, the frequency of the Carthographer's House was reduced during Wednesday's update. The Carthographer's House was previously found in several Treasures of the Treasure Map Merchant.

To be fair to the power of the building and the values of the current and future event buildings, we have reduced the probability. Henceforth, the Carthographer's House can only be found in fewer Treasures of the Treasure Map Merchant. The Carthographer's House has been partially replaced with 100 Forge Points. Previously found and opened treasures are not affected.

We would like to apologize at this point for the live adjustment and of course for the late information of this. This mistake is clearly on our side, as we unfortunately the focus is completely different due to the errors described above. The information about the adjustment should - as would have been correct - of course be posted before the adjustment, but we unfortunately forgot this in the whole happening.

We hope you can forgive us for this circumstance and continue to enjoy this really great building.

Your Forge of Empires Team

Deleted member 127677

Please fix this, it is underhanded and looks way worse than you possibly imagine. ‘We forgot’?!!!! I’m sure I am not the only player who noticed when I tried for a couple more dig outs yesterday, and then saw that message, confirming that effectively, I had purchased diamonds for a lesser thing than I had expected. How is anything else released to live ever going to be taken at face value with those kinds of actions?

Knight of ICE

The chance of receiving it has been nerfed, was confirmed earlier today on the DE server:

[/URL]

Here's a translation from deepl:

Thanks. No need for the translation. I can read German. I am sure we will get the same announcement.

I had purchased diamonds for a lesser thing than I had expected.

You have the right of revocation. You have 14 days to do so.

https://legal.innogames.com/portal/en/agb

Deleted member 127677

You have the right of revocation. You have 14 days to do
I know. But i have already placed the CHs I did get. And I want them. I just don’t like seeing that what I was playing for and failing to get, which was 1-2 more of them per dig up, was not at all going to be possible, because the probability had actually been changed two days before, but nobody said. Giving people full info to make an informed choice is pretty crucial for any business. Again, how are we expected to take anything at face value in the future? You are also missing the point about dimes spent for something that has been nerfed already, in the expectation of getting the pre-nerf probability. How will you deal with those who spent saved up dimes? Just repay them the difference? Below are some suggestions:

- return ⅓-1/2 of dimes spent since Wednesday, that is roughly the difference between what was expected and what was received (800-1000 dimes per CH vs 1500, if you were lucky, or 2250 if not)
- make CH part of the questline rewards, instead of the avatar (who wants avatars as a questline reward anyway)?
- make CH a daily

I’m sure there are more creative options.

Deleted member 127677

So, in response to this announcement>

‘This update made the Cartographer's house a rarer reward and more difficult to find. This was to reflect its comparative value and the overall game balancing’

Balancing and value should have been known when this event was tested in Beta. Yet you let it pass to live in this format. You say it was an oversight that no announcement was made when the nerf was put in place, but you have taken four(!) days to rectify that. And the announcement contains no indication of how you will compensate those who played that part of the event according to the original probability, for the four days since it was changed - presumably many with saved up dimes and some later with purchased ones.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Please change the tooltips on browser and make them actually readable, instead of like this:
FoE Daily Tooltip.png

Defense for WHAT? Attack for WHAT? Attacking army? Defending army? Both? I should not need to guess what the production is.

P.S.: Clicking on the daily prize does nothing. I was hoping that clicking on it will display the full info, but alas.

Looks like this is going to be the norm now - be very careful before outlaying your hard earned cash now. This has occurred over the last few events and is easy to say is a "Mistake" but not every event! It's no longer a "Mistake" when it happens with consistent frequency!

Puablo

Corporal
Why can't we swap the items in the Treasure Map Dealer? I can see what I want but the store is full, and I am not paying circa 3K diamonds to 'maybe' get a new selection. For all I know they will remove the Cartographers House, before we can get it. I believe more people would spend diamonds for a selection of goods they actually want (via trade/swap) rather than the choice of 2 that the game gives us. Why would we want 'Special Units' or 'Finish All Special Productions'. Come on FOE, missed a trick here if you want to recoup some diamonds!!!!