• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2020

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
How are you all doing with getting Crow's Nest upgrades from the wheel (if that's what you're going for)?
I got 6 on the first day - and nothing since. Rigged s.h.i.t :P

Got a completed one on the first day, since then my wheels been stagnant :/

Stop aging up, this isn't Civ's.
Of course, you are right but with FOE the desire to progress can be hard to suppress.
There is not always that much to do so and without knowing what the next quest is you can't always be blamed if you pushed on too far.
By the way, I managed to do the x280 for guild donations. Only an hour later defeated two map section with the help of some rogues!
So using most of my mats before I knew I would win the x2 battles. With hindsight, I would have played the game completely different but we learn as we go along, not much different to r/l.
Glad that quest is out of the way :)

I am a new player and I need an information if possible...I am stoke at quest 19, how do I defeat a large army? I have already lost 3 times. The other option is to scout a province but I don't have any new province to scout at the moment. T.I.A.
This is another tricky event quest, all you can do is wait until you have finished your current provinces and the option to scout a new one appears.

DeletedUser

Looking forward to tonight's 12Dubs, wonder if I'll land 2nd GV with them...Mmmm, Doubloons, [Homer} drool...

Just be careful - when investing heavily for that desired wheel prize - A Hood Jo.ey is always lurking to refresh the wheel just before you get your prize - thereby causing your doub's to be wasted, I have been attacking and plundering our 2 hood jo.eys. - They are on a permanent attack & plunder list!

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Just be careful - when investing heavily for that desired wheel prize - A Hood Jo.ey is always lurking to refresh the wheel just before you get your prize - thereby causing your doub's to be wasted, I have been attacking and plundering our 2 hood jo.eys. - They are on a permanent attack & plunder list!

How do you know they're not trying to get their desired prize? Might not be the same as yours.
Coming across as a bit petulant just because someone doesn't want what you want and then blaming them for 'wasting' your doubloons.
And then purposely attacking them just for playing the game their way!?
Perhaps they should all b****r off and let you have the wheel to yourself, ensuring you get every top prize? :)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
How do you know they're not trying to get their desired prize? Might not be the same as yours.
Coming across as a bit petulant just because someone doesn't want what you want and then blaming them for 'wasting' your doubloons.
Perhaps they should all b****r off and let you have the wheel to yourself, ensuring you get every top prize? :)
You know they're being a bunch of giant donkeycaves because they refresh away the wheel they see you spinning on, and then don't spin anymore once the new wheel is generated.

Basically, their game is to sit back, watch as a player/s aim for a top prize, and then delete that prize before anyone can land it.
It's no different than a player who for example, joins a rival guild to sabotage them from the inside. It's dirty play and those who practice it should be reviled as the filthy Heretics they are.

DeletedUser

You can never have too many Palm Trees, lol. Frustrating if you allow it, just go with the flow...all the way to the AD.

Trambambaj

Private
is this correct? you may have completed by negotiation whereas the requirement is fighting plus there are 4 levels of GE it does not say 'GE1' Personally i would hold off on GE until after midnight or check what map sectors you have the goods for then job done.
I wanted to be sure so I remade this and yes it is correct. If you finish the whole GE this kind of quest will complete automatically.

They can wait until we get our prize - what's the hurry? - No - They do it to be what they are - joeys

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I wanted to be sure so I remade this and yes it is correct. If you finish the whole GE this kind of quest will complete automatically.
The upcoming Quest 50 does specifically state that it is the first level of GE - so if you have level 1 done the reset week that Quest 50 is made available, then it will automatically be completed.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
You know they're being a bunch of giant donkeycaves because they refresh away the wheel they see you spinning on, and then don't spin anymore once the new wheel is generated.

Basically, their game is to sit back, watch as a player/s aim for a top prize, and then delete that prize before anyone can land it.
It's no different than a player who for example, joins a rival guild to sabotage them from the inside. It's dirty play and those who practice it should be reviled as the filthy Heretics they are.

They can wait until we get our prize - what's the hurry? - No - They do it to be what they are - joeys
It seems like a big percentage of people have 0 idea what the are doing, refreshing wheel when decent prize is on or spinning it when only things like coins are left... :?

Haha, so it's deliberate sabotage by dirty players AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME poor play by inexperienced or confused players??
Time to make your minds up, guys. :D
It's a neighbourhood event, there are many different players and playing styles, whether fair or not (to you).
You're gonna lose out now and again, either through another player stealing/denying a prize or a newbie error.
I find it a bit rich that you see another player taking away 'your' wheel prize as bad form but you're quite happy to steal away that player's production by plundering?? They're both parts of the game aren't they?
Roll with it, you're not entitled or guaranteed to win every top prize every time :D

Haha, so it's deliberate sabotage by dirty players AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME poor play by inexperienced or confused players??
Time to make your minds up, guys. :D
It's a neighbourhood event, there are many different players and playing styles, whether fair or not (to you).
You're gonna lose out now and again, either through another player stealing/denying a prize or a newbie error.
I find it a bit rich that you see another player taking away 'your' wheel prize as bad form but you're quite happy to steal away that player's production by plundering?? They're both parts of the game aren't they?
Roll with it, you're not entitled or guaranteed to win every top prize every time :D

If they are in VF, they are anything but - No again - It's what they do - I have watched them for a period of time and it is a tactic used by joeys.

As stated by:

So ... Attack & Plunder for the duration of their stay: Their only relief will be a hood change - until we meet again - lol

GADfan

Warrant Officer
If they are in VF, they are anything but - No again - It's what they do - I have watched them for a period of time and it is a tactic used by joeys.

As stated by:

So ... Attack & Plunder for the duration of their stay: Their only relief will be a hood change - until we meet again - lol
The part you highlighted was replying to Trambambaj's quote ... :) but you really still don't see the similarity between what they're doing to you (re-spinning) and what you do to others (plundering)?? :?
Both parts of the game, both done by some and not others, both upset some players...
When players come on the forum complaining about plundering and so-called "bullying" they are told it's part of the game, get used to it etc etc
Advice that works in this case too :D

The part you highlighted was replying to Trambambaj's quote ... :) but you really still don't see the similarity between what they're doing to you (re-spinning) and what you do to others (plundering)?? :?
Both parts of the game, both done by some and not others, both upset some players...
When players come on the forum complaining about plundering and so-called "bullying" they are told it's part of the game, get used to it etc etc

As you are in Bronze age - world A - I give you the benefit of the doubt - that you are inexperienced and haven't seen many wheel events where a hood neighbor can impact the event you are playing.

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Hey now - just because it is good for the goose, does not mean it should be good for the gander!! :)

Trambambaj

Private
I'm in AF and people frequently keep spinning after the gold is gone and yes I agree that they can do things on purpose too.

Go ahead spin the wheel while someone is going for a particular prize.
I'm certainly not complaining -- on the contrary -- I get even - lol - Don't do it if you can't handle it