• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Suggestion: Aid all (available) and Visit all Taverns (available)

DeletedUser111359

players do ACTUALLY want to pay real money to press a button.......the (what are you doing in this forum? same fanboi responses to any game criticism) is the reason games are progressively getting worse and worse....

Spending diamonds isn't the same as spending real money.

I use the "collect all" function on 5 worlds, spending 25 diamonds a day. Once a day, every single day.

I have 1200 diamonds at the moment. On most of my worlds I've bought almost all the diamond expansions available, unless they were just unlocked with an era change.

I've spent zero dollars on the game in the 5+ years I've been playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108179

Make it a diamond feature just as for collection, and drop the silly amount of peanuts called coins.
Likewise for the Tavern visits.

Galladhorn

Monarch
At least it would be expected that the Taverns Avialabilty would show in the Event list Window – that has yet not been fixed.
And I write Fixed because it is a UI fail/blunder – having the option to click something that returns a negative or no result is simply just bad UI.
The functionality is already there since on the player avatar list, there is a Timer Icon on a visited Tavern.
Grey Out or otherwise visualize that a Tavern is full in the Event list.
And yes I know it can be filtered out but it is never the less a UI fail.

///

In Summary The AID functionality was a most welcome feature vs individual visits to each city with the strain it also put on load times etc.
When the Tavern was introduced that AID and click reduction was essentially set back to zero reduction in clicks.

I am sorry to say it depsite the game being free – but it is bad game ethics (in fact it is not me saying it, but just Google the issue of games and clicks). Clicks should either remain the same or be reduced the longer a player plays a game unless offcourse the game develops and offers something extra – Which one could argue that the Tavern did, but with a very intensive click rate considered the total entertainment value added for this specific feature.

While most of the other parts that has been added to the game, also adding more clicks, are somewhat to be considered player choices, GE, Settlements, Heavy GB play for top spots etc. AID and Tavern visits are still the most repetitive part of the game. I must admit that I nearly quite several times because of AID and Tavern and might come to that consideration again at some point.

A part of both new and old players have seen the solution to the AID rutine – they build cities that do no really need it – but I wonder if that is what InnoGames really wants contra developing a solution that reduces the clicks needed for the two tasks.

Dedication AID/Tavern Reduction System
How about having a number of dedicated Freind slots that only require a renewel once a week or every 2nd week or a fitting period granting one dayli automatic AID and/or visit for those on that list (Call it Trusted Supporters or something in that direction).

– Those who do AID and do Tavern visits dayli over a period of time (One week, Two Weeks, One month, 6 months, 1 Year) earns a click reduction bonus for their continued dedication. The more dedicated they remain the more Freinds can be added to the list.

With such a system the AID and Tavern clicks needed could properly be reduced to a half or a third (whatever would be calcualted enough/balanced).

To avoid it being exploitable, the AID and visits should perhaps be mutual over the period - in fact that way it could perhaps even be automaticly applied. "You have now AID´ed your "freind" 14 times over 14 days – You and your freind now have automatic AID running for the next week.
"Renew the Automatic AID by Aiding your freind at the end of the Week".
I am not suggesting that this should be exatly like this with the intervals, but somthing like that.

Would there be problems with this? yes to some extend becasue of Event quests that require AID and/or Tavern visits. On the other hand some of these could simply have the Automatic number of AIDs running reducing the number of Visits requested in the Event/Quest. (Somwhat similary this already happens when players are fully tehched and/or have explored all of the Continent maps).

For now (or ever) I do not think that we will get fully rid of AID and/or Tavern visits, but I am sure that reduction could be solved in one way or another – that if InnoGames wants it. FoE is free, but it is extremly click intensive and it is not all motivated clicks like when performing a battle or solving a puzzle but a lot shere repetitive clicks coming mainly from AID and Tavern visits.

DeletedUser118223

Just click the button or don't - Always someone who wants to make their 5 seconds of game time worth a whole day's activity!
With an AID ALL button - why not just ask inno to make it an AUTO-AID BUTTON: Just aid everyone at the same time everyday - No fuss; no muss.

People seem to get lazier by the day now!

It's a tough call because I can already see the tedium of so much clicking after only a few days of playing, but I think I have to agree that it's best that you have to make the effort. The players that are willing to 'tough it out' and do some of the boring and tedious details should get a little more ahead than those that want to do the minimum.

DeletedUser118223

How about having a number of dedicated Freind slots that only require a renewel once a week or every 2nd week or a fitting period granting one dayli automatic AID and/or visit for those on that list (Call it Trusted Supporters or something in that direction).

– Those who do AID and do Tavern visits dayli over a period of time (One week, Two Weeks, One month, 6 months, 1 Year) earns a click reduction bonus for their continued dedication. The more dedicated they remain the more Freinds can be added to the list.

With such a system the AID and Tavern clicks needed could properly be reduced to a half or a third (whatever would be calcualted enough/balanced).

To avoid it being exploitable, the AID and visits should perhaps be mutual over the period - in fact that way it could perhaps even be automaticly applied. "You have now AID´ed your "freind" 14 times over 14 days – You and your freind now have automatic AID running for the next week.
"Renew the Automatic AID by Aiding your freind at the end of the Week".

I like some of these ideas as a compromise to the issues of too much clicking and making it too easy. This kind of approach makes some sense. You do have to go through the effort but over time you 'earn' the right (aka bonus) of some of it reducing.

Yes, even if it wasn’t the Hood, but say all guildmates! Would love to click once for ...a week, or even 2-3 days. Would relieve some of the tedium, and the madness, of having only a few minutes to get through it all, but hating to leave anyone out. Make it a Tavern payout. I’d pay that in a heartbeat.

Agent327

Overlord
I must admit that I nearly quite several times because of AID and Tavern and might come to that consideration again at some point.

Don't wait to long. You might develop a RSI if you do not hurry.

If I would get a free aid for everytime this argument came up I would have my "aid all button".

Galladhorn

Monarch
Don't wait to long. You might develop a RSI if you do not hurry.

If I would get a free aid for everytime this argument came up I would have my "aid all button".

- but unfortunately you don´t get that either...
Idea: Everytime this topic is suggested in the Forum everybody gets an automatic AID
:lol:

B G K

Private
Aid-all & Tavern-all is a total no-brainer. It made sense NOT to have it many years ago when there wasn't that much to do in the game. But since then, FoE added so many things that IF you want to be a good guildie and friend, it simply becomes too much of a drain on time to play. It is baffling that FoE still thinks that it needs players to do that in order to feel busy. It achieves the opposite - people stop playing the game because it becomes too much...

Aid-all & Tavern-all is a total no-brainer. It made sense NOT to have it many years ago when there wasn't that much to do in the game. But since then, FoE added so many things that IF you want to be a good guildie and friend, it simply becomes too much of a drain on time to play. It is baffling that FoE still thinks that it needs players to do that in order to feel busy. It achieves the opposite - people stop playing the game because it becomes too much...

spot on,or dont do the extra things like settlements/dealer and wont be doing the forthcoming farmville gbg,so a button to do all aid would be good+bring guild members into being able to do each others taverns then you wouldnt need then on fr list

DeletedUser111359

spot on,or dont do the extra things like settlements/dealer and wont be doing the forthcoming farmville gbg,so a button to do all aid would be good+bring guild members into being able to do each others taverns then you wouldnt need then on fr list

If you have active friends, you don't need guildies to do your Tavern anyhow. And if you don't have active friends, you've got nobody to blame but yourself.

DeletedUser12400

+bring guild members into being able to do each others taverns then you wouldnt need then on fr list
It is, after all "Friends Tavern", not the Guild Tavern or Neighborhood Tavern. Neighbors can be attacked/plundered; guilds give you access to free trades, guild wars, expedition and soon battlegrounds; friends give you access to the tavern. What's wrong with it being set up like that? By the way adding guild members to friend list is just depriving potentially beneficial players from helping. The figures don't justify doing it.

It is, after all "Friends Tavern", not the Guild Tavern or Neighborhood Tavern. Neighbors can be attacked/plundered; guilds give you access to free trades, guild wars, expedition and soon battlegrounds; friends give you access to the tavern. What's wrong with it being set up like that? By the way adding guild members to friend list is just depriving potentially beneficial players from helping. The figures don't justify doing it.

its like having a party and your family cant join in or similar,your guild mates are proper friends,they wouldnt take up invites ideal for a tiny tot just starting,on slugnir i have max friends on east nagach part of project is not joining guild,,,you would have more peeps to get fp from in tavern if guilders were auto on it,cant understand why peeps would be against it no brainer,***** a few words come to mind lol

Agent327

Overlord
its like having a party and your family cant join in or similar,your guild mates are proper friends,they wouldnt take up invites ideal for a tiny tot just starting,on slugnir i have max friends on east nagach part of project is not joining guild,,,you would have more peeps to get fp from in tavern if guilders were auto on it,cant understand why peeps would be against it no brainer,***** a few words come to mind lol

Only no brainer here is not understanding that with your guildmembers on your fiendlist you are limiting the total number of players of who can help you and who you can help.

DeletedUser12400

The friends tavern was made specifically not for the guild. We have so many options within the guild. We wanted something that would be beneficial to having active friends and If you really want both your guildies and your friends to have access to your tavern, that's fine by me. But that means you are asking for a lot more people to have tavern access. Presumably if they granted it, then they would keep things in balance by either making the tavern items cost more, or by reducing the coin you get per visitor. I'm just asking: would that be an acceptable price to pay?

The friends tavern was made specifically not for the guild. We have so many options within the guild. We wanted something that would be beneficial to having active friends and If you really want both your guildies and your friends to have access to your tavern, that's fine by me. But that means you are asking for a lot more people to have tavern access. Presumably if they granted it, then they would keep things in balance by either making the tavern items cost more, or by reducing the coin you get per visitor. I'm just asking: would that be an acceptable price to pay?

probably have 40% of guilders on fr list? which take up a lot of spaces on fr list,dont see they would have to change anything tavern related,the big problem with fr list is the 80 max you can only send invites out,taking guilders off the fr list would maybe help that

a bit off subject,i dont like to keep 140 fr(more time aiding) just had a clear out now down to 117? still too many,if i wanted to do a trade deal with an outsider 38 would get the boot,if guilders were on a seperate thing it would help and tiny tots in guild would get xtra help building their taverns,just finishing building mine on east nagach now thats 2 months,,off to play game