• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Suggesting of a GB for "Far future Arctic Era"

DeletedUser108240

I see a new age 'Far Future Arctic Age' is coming.

As a GB for that age may I suggest "Amberley Working Museum".
It is a 'Working Museum' where scool classes get brought to try carting wool, sending Morse signals or just drive in very old buses.
I assume Germany have several similar Teknologie Museum's. You may prefer to use one of those as a model ;.))

The GB produces goods, of any age in the same format used in the GBs that produce GvG-goods. One each of the goods from the age chosen. one more of each per level up to level 10. After level 10 it become one more of each every 2 levels. As for its second function it should be something 'Normal' such as Happiness, supplies or money.

I envision a row of radio buttons to choose the age and a single broad button to start the production, which then loops on a 24 hour cycle until a different age is chosen, and the button is clicked again.

regards Villow

DeletedUser914

so that means when a new era starts, you will get 10 goods each from new era
-1 from me.

DeletedUser106918

There's a reason that GBs don't produce current era goods anymore past ME. It was a dumb mechanic that trivialized goods production and progression through the tech tree (arguably CF still has that problem, but on a much lower scale).
This would just reintroduce an old issue.

DeletedUser100065

I don't know that a building that is around today can be a great building for the far future era. It would have to be some building that doesn't exist yet. I'm still hoping for a star fleet academy but that's just me. :D
As for a GB that produces current era goods as has been explained it would just mean no one needs to waste space in their city with goods buildings they would just have the GB do it for them (like many do already up to ME).
So -1 on this idea from me

DeletedUser96901

goods, goods, goods
why always goods ?
we already have too much goods

can we please finally have a GB that produces diamonds 8-)

and the GB itself should be something with ice
because it is the arctic age: very cold

DeletedUser97688

The Svalbard Seed Vault...very cold...future-y...good for research, so should give FPs...

DeletedUser12400

or money.
+1 I would love to receive money:blush:
money.png

There's a reason that GBs don't produce current era goods anymore past ME.
As for a GB that produces current era goods as has been explained it would just mean no one needs to waste space in their city with goods buildings they would just have the GB do it for them (like many do already up to ME).
-1 For same reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100832

There's a reason that GBs don't produce current era goods anymore past ME. It was a dumb mechanic that trivialized goods production and progression through the tech tree (arguably CF still has that problem, but on a much lower scale).
This would just reintroduce an old issue.

Chateau produces goods on a larger scale than any other GB. Effectively, CF is a machine for converting coins and supplies into goods - but without having to wait. As a result, it's not untypical for people to enter the new age and immediately have 1-2k goods in stock.

So yeah, big +1 to the idea, it would nerf the power of the Frontenackers somewhat.

DeletedUser108240

The building is NOT same as other goods producers. They all produce current era (or unfinished) goods. Getting goods from higher or lower eras is a matter of building buildings to produce the 2 kinds you can for that era and then trading a lot. As said before trade do NOT flow, especially between different ages. Untill it does this GB is needed.

PS: We also have a GvG system that eats Goods by the tonne ;)

love Villow

DeletedUser108240

I don't know that a building that is around today can be a great building for the far future era. It would have to be some building that doesn't exist yet. I'm still hoping for a star fleet academy but that's just me. :D
So -1 on this idea from me
Have a look at the proposed quantities. How long it would take to produce the 300-500 goods a future era GB require. This is no giveaway ;)

DeletedUser99692

- 1 from me
We all need a challange to keep us interested in the game a GB where you can order up the goods that you need the only challange in that would be how quickly you can level it up to Lv 100.

DeletedUser108240

so that means when a new era starts, you will get 10 goods each from new era
-1 from me.
That is what Babel means.
That is what Lighthouse means,
That is what St Marks means,
...etc
This is to break that pattern, and enable people to get OLD goods in smaller quantities than most of those existing buildings.

DeletedUser107476

-1 from me

We already have a GB that gets you goods from any era of your choice it's called the Dynamic Tower.

DeletedUser100832

-1 from me

We already have a GB that gets you goods from any era of your choice it's called the Dynamic Tower.

well, and voyager. The amounts are derisory in both cases though, compared to what Chateau gives you.