• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Stage 2 FOE Veterans World

• Thread starter DeletedUser12313
  • Start date

DeletedUser12313

The game is technologically over-extended at the highest levels and so there is no real scope to move forward. Things like artic harbours are dismal efforts to try and add innovations but they add nothing of value. For very advanced players therefore a more radical solution is required so how about creating a stage 2 FOE Veterans world.

Basically players at Artic Future should be given the opportunity to enter a new world starting from stone age. To enter this world your nominated city (if you play in more than one world) would close down) and you would transfer to the new world taking with you some of the accrued benefits from your old city i.e.

1 rogue hideout

5 relics each with the powers of one of your existing gbs (but capped at level 10 max and unalterable in the future).

Additional ages could be added i.e. instead of bronze and iron (classical Greek, Roman, Dark Age, Viking Age etc). This would create additional interest and progress would be more challenging. Greater emphasis can be given in this world to fixing GVG bugs taking it back to a more traditional guild fighting world. It would generate new interest among long time players and present real challenges. Just an idea.

DeletedUser

Greater emphasis can be given in this world to fixing GVG bugs taking it back to a more traditional guild fighting world.
What? Why would this happen? Why would special treatment be given to one group of players over another?
I don't see how starting the game over, even with additional research branches, would make it any more challenging if you were beginning with more advantages than we had the first time around? Surely that would make it easier and reduce any challenge...

DeletedUser109385

Additional ages could be added i.e. instead of bronze and iron (classical Greek, Roman, Dark Age, Viking Age etc). This would create additional interest and progress would be more challenging.
I was thinking of bring in those bronze, Iron, High middle ages when you enter the new world but with more technology and stuff to research along with a whole bunch of new quests from that age.

DeletedUser16126

This game has never been developed with the idea to have configurable worlds, and for all the good behind configurable worlds there's also a lot of bad.
This is just laziness... They are a SW company, which I sometimes doubt to be honest.
Worst case it would just mean that they have to maintain 2 branches.
Starting a new world with the GB levels capped would really be heaven and motivate to spend again real purchased diamonds.
I 'm prepared to give up all my worlds and start again from scratch if I could play again in a world that is better better ballanced, and not the FP pushing game it is now.

DeletedUser12400

This is just laziness...
It's not laziness.
I 'm prepared to give up all my worlds and start again from scratch if I could play again in a world that is better better ballanced, and not the FP pushing game it is now.
I don't understand why do we need to give up on current worlds instead we simply could achieve what is required and then option would appear to start this world. I personally play 14 worlds the highest is AF and lowest are PE. I have spent a lot of time on them and simply to give up on them to start this world it's ridiculous from my point of view.

P.S. It would also mean that I need to give up on my guild and friends that I'm playing with.

DeletedUser109385

I always wanted to just stay in one age and not advance through, so this idea can actually be upgraded to something like that! Just let players stay in one age they like and they can research so many technologies they can in that one ages so for example: Stay in Bronze Age you will have many more technologies to unlock like Entertainment, Cookery....brand new technologies of that era.

DeletedUser16126

It's not laziness.​
It's clear that they use a version control system, because they roll out features in different packages between beta and the live worlds,
Defining 1 changeset that wipe out the basic bad decisons they did in the past would require them to maintain only 2 branches, and merge the updates consequently to these 2 branches doesn't give a lot of extra work. Maybe they will give a little regression testing and extra bugfixing, but it will also provide a lot of extra income, because many players, like myself stopped funding the game because it became so wortheless.

I don't understand why do we need to give up on current worlds instead we simply could achieve what is required and then option would appear to start this world. I personally play 14 worlds the highest is AF and lowest are PE. I have spent a lot of time on them and simply to give up on them to start this world it's ridiculous from my point of view.

P.S. It would also mean that I need to give up on my guild and friends that I'm playing with.

I don't say you have to give up those worlds to start playing. i just wanted to say that for me such world would be so valuable, and create such a great playing experience, that I would be prepared to give all my world, my 10000s of diamonds I gathered from my 250 wells etc, just to have again a decent game instead of a GB pushing game.
I also play 14 worlds + beta and I am in 8 worlds in artic. But the game has so much changed that they in fact do not have a great playing value anymore.

DeletedUser16126

I always wanted to just stay in one age and not advance through, so this idea can actually be upgraded to something like that! Just let players stay in one age they like and they can research so many technologies they can in that one ages so for example: Stay in Bronze Age you will have many more technologies to unlock like Entertainment, Cookery....brand new technologies of that era.
NO the purpose of the game is to progress from one age to another, if you want to stay in one age to push your GB's then it's your decision, but then don't argue that you miss something!

DeletedUser109385

NO the purpose of the game is to progress from one age to another, if you want to stay in one age to push your GB's then it's your decision, but then don't argue that you miss something!
I am sorry but I can't take your word for it because I simply can't, I don't stay in particular ages because I want to push my GBs, it's a fact to me that lower aged cities are easier to manage than higher aged cities.
Just saying and it's not arguing, I can express my opinions as much as I like.
Yes the point of this game is to progress from one age to another but you would have researched so many ages even the ones that don't yet exist that you can't really move anymore further in terms of ages, what next? The dead era? LOL, that's why I was suggesting something like this so devs don't have to keep on releasing new ages which are just weird and useless in my opinion as these ages take forever to reach and simply don't make sense so why not have just this one special world where you have the option to stay in one age and do more? It would be much better.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16126

it's a fact to me that lower aged cities are easier to manage than higher aged cities.
If you stay in one age there's at the end nothing to manage anymore because all your manufacturies will get plundered over and over again by players that will progress.
Staying in one age is not option, except if you just have a farm of wishing wells that will deliver you your goods to progress in the lower ages. But I don't think INNO has to extend those ages to give something to those diamond farmers who will not invest in the game anymore.

I also have many worlds as diamond farms, but also in those worlds I have to progress to avoid excessive plunderings. And that's the way it should be!

DeletedUser109739

How about put all the small worlds in 1 more players more fun :D
But in my opinion it's better to make this age like age of empires hire more people and go for it browser online mmo game something like that :D

DeletedUser109385

all your manufacturies will get plundered over and over again by players that will progress.
That's not always the case from what I can see, I don't think anyone will waste their time plundering a few supplies or coins or sometimes FPs with around 3 lost troops.

DeletedUser110168

If you stay in one age there's at the end nothing to manage anymore because all your manufacturies will get plundered over and over again by players that will progress.
Not true, I stayed in IA for almost a year with a fully functioning city and got rid of my goods manufacturing as quick as I could. Even today getting ready to move into HMA I have hundreds and even thousands of low aged goods without manufacturing.

But the game has so much changed that they in fact do not have a great playing value anymore.
many players, like myself stopped funding the game because it became so wortheless.

This is a bit ridiculous, you shoot down ideas right and left, you evidently have no great liking for the game. Yet you continue playing. While I have no problem with you expressing your views, I would strongly suggest you find another game that fits your idealistic view of what a game should be, because evidently FoE is no longer that game for you... If you want some suggestions I would be happy to help out, but at the very least I would ask you to try to refrain from posting your continual train of complaints that will never be changed.

DeletedUser16126

This is a bit ridiculous, you shoot down ideas right and left, you evidently have no great liking for the game. Yet you continue playing. While I have no problem with you expressing your views, I would strongly suggest you find another game that fits your idealistic view of what a game should be, because evidently FoE is no longer that game for you...
I shoot down the ideas that push the game more in the wrong direction that FoE is taking, so why it is wrong to express my view. The game has some basic objectives, that are clearly communicated in the promotion movies they make. If you stay in one age, you don't meet any of this objectives. So why should I discuss further on this, you don't understand what the game was/is about...

By the way.. This is a thread about a veteran world, so to me it's logical to allow only players that understand the game in that new world. So why would you allow a player to that world that just is only interested to maintain a few huts in bronze age???

DeletedUser109385

So why would you allow a player to that world that just is only interested to maintain a few huts in bronze age??
Because they still are a veteran player, age doesn't determine whether someone is experienced or not, you might have a guy who has inexperienced enough to rush though ages.

DeletedUser16126

Because they still are a veteran player, age doesn't determine whether someone is experienced or not, you might have a guy who has inexperienced enough to rush though ages.
Probably you are the best person to answer this question I have in mind already for quite some time:
What is a guy who stays in bronze age forever, who has no own GB's, who isn't interested in the tavern boosts and keeps an active city doing with his FP's?
To me the only thing he can do is to push others GB's, but why would he do if he's not interested in GB's. Pure pushing???
Until I get a satisfying answer on this, I'll keep my point of view that these kind accounts should be allowed on this veteran world.

DeletedUser109385

Probably you are the best person to answer this question I have in mind already for quite some time:
What is a guy who stays in bronze age forever, who has no own GB's, who isn't interested in the tavern boosts and keeps an active city doing with his FP's?
To me the only thing he can do is to push others GB's, but why would he do if he's not interested in GB's. Pure pushing???
Until I get a satisfying answer on this, I'll keep my point of view that these kind accounts should be allowed on this veteran world.
Well a player who wants event buildings only ofcourse! I have a few cities where I stay in one age permanently and I admit I have GBs but the real reason why I stayed in that age because I simply because I could get the premium stuff of that age only e.g Wishing Wells, Champions...