• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event St. Patrick's Event Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser115770

I just did a side by side test run with two cities starting at the same time. Level 3 managers on ferry and festival actually ends at the same time as level 3 on festival and level 2 on ferry. It would have taken me only 26 hours for both, but work interfered and my time ended while I slept.

Basically on the runs where level 3 ferry manager is not a required task you can save 80 gold pots if you are doing city rushes.

Edit: I should clarify that my end city set up is level 1 managers of every factory except flowers because the 40 gold pots for a task completion is worth it. You get level 300 ship and festival and level 50 fireworks as fast as you can and it should be about a 26 hour run depending on set up time. You can spend about 450-500 gold pots per city and get 20 tasks per run.

I do need to do the math on how much extra pots I will have left over and I may be able to open some extra chests near the end, or I may adjust my strategy and do a few extra manager upgrade tasks per run to up my total task per run to over 25 which as I check my math now, I would likely need to average closer to 30 tasks to get enough for the set without buying one for 1900 pots at the end

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110327

I'm not so sure Executioner, everyone should be able to easily get the full set, it's just the upgrades that would cost diamonds. I think that's perfect for a free to play game.

DeletedUser115770

I'm not so sure Executioner, everyone should be able to easily get the full set, it's just the upgrades that would cost diamonds. I think that's perfect for a free to play game.

Not true. Players who started the event and played correctly can achieve the full set

With the amount of information and knowledge from the beta, it’s definitely possible to achieve the full set and it’s upgrades. The problem is that there is way too much misinformation floating around in there and (to the critics credit) this event is not very forgiving to mistakes early on.

Add on top of that the generalization that most players can’t theory concepts out on their own and rely on guides from those that have gone before them following wrong information from players who have supposedly done the ground work without checking or verifying if it would work before they did it.

That is what leads to the massive outrage you see lately. Informing elements in games are a joy and welcome addition to players like me who enjoy the challenge and mathematical nature of PLANNING, but the majority of the game audience is relatively casual by nature due to the previous activities in the game all designed around moving along at your own pace with little consequence.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Whether you can get a full set or not, the bottom line for me is a simple question.

Are the rewards worth all the effort?

In my view, they are not.

(and I won't be bothering with the Egyptian settlement for the same reason)

Boorg

Captain
Whether you can get a full set or not, the bottom line for me is a simple question.

Are the rewards worth all the effort?

In my view, they are not.

(and I won't be bothering with the Egyptian settlement for the same reason)

Most probably no reward is worth all the effort Events require because all these buildings are eating up city space very, very quickly.

Personally I do the Events for the challenge and by taking part and completing an Event I am rewarded. If I need or like the rewards I might build them in my cities.

In your opinion is there a reward that is worth all that effort?
If there is which reward / rewards are they?

Emberguard

Legend
Actually no it will not help anyone, clicking the max button just spends all your shamrocks with no regard to the quests or the logical of leveling up the most suitable building.
That’s where I disagree. The button has a cap at whenever the next multiplier occurs which also happens to be the lvls required by tasks. You‘re still limited by only lvling up a single building at a time. So lvl up the one that’s most suitable at the time. Even if you’re not using it to lvl up it’s still a nice indication of how many lvls you can currently afford

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Most probably no reward is worth all the effort Events require because all these buildings are eating up city space very, very quickly.

Personally I do the Events for the challenge and by taking part and completing an Event I am rewarded. If I need or like the rewards I might build them in my cities.

In your opinion is there a reward that is worth all that effort?
If there is which reward / rewards are they?

The Olympic Treasury was worth putting in an effort.

The big difference with this event is that it seems to be a massive chore rather than a challenge. Where's the fun in that?

DeletedUser115770

The big difference with this event is that it seems to be a massive chore rather than a challenge.

Wise man once said “Things are not always what they seem.”

Your definition of “worth” and “effort” are entirely yours and do not apply to everyone.

DeletedUser115770

In my original post I said "IN MY VIEW..." - I'm not saying it applies to you.

I’ll be transparent and honest with you, my original reaction to this event was the same as yours. I attempted it on beta and got through a few cities and told myself that I wouldn’t bother with this event because I didn’t think the prize was that great and I thought the event was going to take too much time.

When it went live on servers I figured I’d get a few prizes along the way with bare minimum effort. As it turns out, playing slowly actually gave me time to really analyze the event mechanics without rushing through it. After one town on my main and one town on my secondary city, I found a way to challenge myself to get through as many town runs as I could to get the achievement. This forced me to use the fewest gold pots possible and focus only on the fastest way to get to the 8.4Q to move on to next town.

Eventually I found that 20 tasks at over 15 runs will get me about 5 selection kits at about 500 gold pots per run. You get two pieces from the quest line and one selection kit from the last quest. The last few towns I will do I will have enough saved up to spend 1900 gold on the 6 chests for the last two selection kits I would need.

This changed my perspective on the event from a chore to a challenge. My challenge became how to min max the event regardless of whether I use the event building at the end or not. :) That’s the point I was trying to make about it being worth the effort. In short it’s not, but the challenge itself can be a welcome addition to a game that has been very casual for most of its existence.

DeletedUser653

That’s where I disagree. The button has a cap at whenever the next multiplier occurs which also happens to be the lvls required by tasks. You‘re still limited by only lvling up a single building at a time. So lvl up the one that’s most suitable at the time. Even if you’re not using it to lvl up it’s still a nice indication of how many lvls you can currently afford
perhaps your care to explain to the player what it does mean as most suitable and then try to justify why this is not justa money maker for inno

Boorg

Captain
The Olympic Treasury was worth putting in an effort.

Agreed but the Olympic Treasury is defiantly not the only building worth the effort!

The big difference with this event is that it seems to be a massive chore rather than a challenge. Where's the fun in that?

As I see it the fun is taking up the challenge and being able to get a level 2 building.
True this Event is different and the first of it’s kind but is that not what many have been asking for?
Also is this not the time of year where the Event is more challenging?

Many complain because Events are all based on luck and RNG which in a way resemble gambling, well there is defiantly nothing of the sort in this type of Event therefore why all this negative attitude. The only luck aspect is how many Pots of Gold one finds from Incidents otherwise it is all in our hands.

In my opinion life is also based on luck and as far as I know all kind of games have the luck element involved therefore what do we want a luck based Event or an Event like the St. Patrick’s Day.

Apart from that “the fun” part depends on each and every one of us and if we want to enjoy something or not, we are the only one’s that lay down the parameters because in the end the same result is achieved.

EDIT :

Obviously the above does not mean that everybody has to like and enjoy the same things as we all have different views.

Last edited:

DeletedUser110327

I'm of the mind that you could probably town rush leveling up the managers only to level 2 rather than 3, but I'm not sure on that one. It would take longer, but the event still has quite a way to go, and it would save a lot of gold pots. You would probably have to upgrade one or two managers to level 3 to finish tasks, but it would still save pots of gold.

I had a look at the rewards in the chests and the rewards on the Grand Prize conveyor belt, and town rushing while ignoring the chests was a no brainer for me :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110327

But I really do love this event. Many thanks to the Dev team, this must have been a real challenge to put together and make it work.

DeletedUser100832

Is there a limit to how many cities you can build? I got to city #5 and it still seems there is a next one after.