• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Spoiler] Easter 2016

DeletedUser

How does the 2016 Easter event work and what's different from last years event?

Before I can explain how the 2016 Easter event works I need to explain the event from previous years.

Previously players have been able to collect eggs from their own city that other players have hidden in their decorations and cultural buildings. Even thou this element has been removed this year as many players have complained that it inferred to much with the happiness of their city and reduced aiding in general. InnoGames have decided to allow players to collect eggs from doing a few tasks around their cities outskirts. Explained in the next section of my post on how to collect eggs. Also, in previous years the Easter shop had an option to buy a chest or buy fixed price buildings (rewards). This option is no longer available.

This year we need to complete small tasks to get bonus eggs in our city to collect. There is also standard game quests that we need to complete to be able to finish the event. Once you have collected enough eggs you can purchase a chest and get a random prize based on chance. One of the prizes changes every day which is shown with a timer in the shop. This prize will not be available the next day and no guarantees you will win this prize from a chest.

Along with the chests purchased is flowers (tulips). These tulips are accumulated and used to win / buy the grand prize. The number of tulips needed and in your bank is shown directly next to the grand prize. The grand prize rotates after each time its won / collected. The new building in the grand prize is a shrine of inspiration. This shrine requires 2 days before you can collect and can be motivated. The bonus for this shrine is a random blueprint.

The current cost in beta for an Easter Treasure Chest is as follows:
  • Bronze chest costs 40 eggs
  • Silver chest costs 75 eggs
  • Gold chest costs 150 eggs
Even thou this year there is less eggs available overall and the shop has been reduced with the amount of options for prizes. The costs of the chests has dropped from previous years. This year all the prizes are about chances and pot luck.

The tulip rewards for the Easter Treasure Chest is as follows:
  • Bronze chest get 5 tulips
  • Silver chest get 15 tulips
  • Gold chest get 25 tulips
The grand prize requires 150 to 185 tulips to claim the prize. This prize is give automatically once you have reached the target required.

How do I get Easter Eggs to buy an Easter Treasure Chest?

The Easter event egg collecting in a nut shell. Fully explained ...

You get Easter eggs in many ways this year and I fully understand its not the same as last year with the hiding options and the shop has changed but we need to work with what we have got. This year we get eggs from completing quests and doing a few tasks.

We get 1 egg in the outskirts of our city (wilderness) everyday during the event when we 1st login. You will get 15 eggs from your town hall when you collect. Greva has many quests and limited to two quests a day which give 4 to 25 eggs per quest. Rinbin also have quests which we get 25 eggs per quest completed based on Greva's quests. You will get 1 egg in the wilderness as well per Greva quest in the wilderness. Along with this we get eggs every time we buy a chest and the eggs can be found in the wilderness.
  • Bronze chest gives 1 egg in the wilderness under trees
  • Silver Chest gives 3 eggs in the wilderness under trees
  • Gold Chest gives 5 eggs in the wilderness under trees
These are bonus eggs above any prize you get directly from the chests.
Along with these changes to the event there is now a rebalance of the egg rewards for the chests as follows:
  • Bronze Chest: Low egg reward was 25 now 40. High egg reward was 75 now 60.
  • Silver Chest: Low egg reward was 50 now 75. High egg reward was 150 now 120.
  • Gold Chest: Low egg reward was 75 now 150. High egg reward was 300 now 250.
The eggs in the wilderness will vanish if you don't collect them before you logout or refresh the game. You may loose eggs if you don't collect before opening new chests. So please collect every time you buy a chest or see an egg in the wilderness. The value of the eggs found in the wilderness 'may' have a higher value than 1 egg point.

You may also use diamonds to purchase Easter eggs. Thou this is what InnoGames would like you to do. It's not an important part of every players way of playing. There is one other way to get eggs and that's from the daily prize which requires a purchase of a chest for a 'chance' to win the prize.

Thou some players may not be happy with the changes. This event is now more consistent with the other events the game has. Enjoy the game and have fun playing the event.

-- vibe.

Edit: At the time of posting this event from Beta there maybe more rebalancing from InnoGames before its released into the world servers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3315

Seems a bit early to write this as some details are still being changed in Beta . . .

EDIT: A well written post. Though i suspect the negativity in the post and the fact its being posted now is designed to provoke a reaction to peoples opinions of the changes (changes which i am not a fan of - i liked the old style much better).

DeletedUser

Seems a bit early to write this as some details are still being changed in Beta . . .

EDIT: A well written post. Though i suspect the negativity in the post and the fact its being posted now is designed to provoke a reaction to peoples opinions of the changes (changes which i am not a fan of - i liked the old style much better).
InnoGames will not be reverting to the last years Easter event. Small tweaks or rebalances may be made as posted in my post earlier. If they decide to make any changes I will post them here. It's never to earlier to remind people of up coming events. For those that don't like the changes just have to get over it.

DeletedUser5180

what made the Easter Event unique was the break from a quest orientated event and also the shop, allowing players to choose their rewards, this made it the event many players looked forward to most.

now its luck based like summer and winter events which is a shame and as we have lots of mini events which are based on quests I think this change was unnessecary.

inno will have their reasons, from my point of view I would have bought a few large packages of diamonds to buy specific prizes but will not be buying diamonds to open chests where most prizes within it will be unwanted.

DeletedUser

what made the Easter Event unique was the break from a quest orientated event and also the shop, allowing players to choose their rewards, this made it the event many players looked forward to most.

now its luck based like summer and winter events which is a shame and as we have lots of mini events which are based on quests I think this change was unnessecary.

inno will have their reasons, from my point of view I would have bought a few large packages of diamonds to buy specific prizes but will not be buying diamonds to open chests where most prizes within it will be unwanted.
I don't agree with the changes either. But we have to accept it is what it is. My post is not about debating what foe should or should not have done. All I'm doing is explaining what is changed and how to play the event. You have realise this event completely changed my game plan and hope they don't stuff around with the summer event.

Inno directly lost about $200 usd from me alone for the changes they made. The other day I used the money to take my brother for dinner and a movie instead. The rest is for tomorrow night I'm going out for dinner. What's their loss is my gain. :)

DeletedUser5180

I don't agree with the changes either. But we have to accept it is what it is.

I agree Vibe and as I always stick up for the events when others complain I won't be starting now... disappointed but ready to see how the new event goes.

do we have an en release date.?

DeletedUser100832

so if I log in and the game crashes, I lose the eggs in the wilderness?

DeletedUser11899

excellent explanation vibe2003, one more 'Like' to you

I'd just add: "Based on beta experience. Things may/might change on live servers." or something like that :)

DeletedUser

Since it says "spoiler" in the subject?
spoiler due to not released in live servers yet.

excellent explanation vibe2003, one more 'Like' to you

I'd just add: "Based on beta experience. Things may/might change on live servers." or something like that :)
It does say its based in beta and may change in the last line.

"Edit: At the time of posting this event from Beta there maybe more rebalancing from InnoGames before its released into the world servers."
- Last edited: Wednesday at 4:30 PM

so if I log in and the game crashes, I lose the eggs in the wilderness?
Yes, players in Beta have lost the eggs on a refresh or game crash. First hand experienced.

10 days until Easter event. The count down has started.

15 March to 4 April 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
Thank you for the informative post. Many players look forward to the Easter Event as one of the highlights of the game. It will be interesting to see if it is still as popular in its new form.

DeletedUser102246

Nothing like a endless string of the same tired old event quests to get players excited, eh wot? We'll redesign the Easter Event, remove any chance for players to get *exactly* what they want--that should boost diamond sales! Really? This is the best the devs can do? Epic Fail.

I vote for *FEWER* and more UNIQUE events in the future.

DeletedUser

Nothing like a endless string of the same tired old event quests to get players excited, eh wot? We'll redesign the Easter Event, remove any chance for players to get *exactly* what they want--that should boost diamond sales! Really? This is the best the devs can do? Epic Fail.

I vote for *FEWER* and more UNIQUE events in the future.
Just so you know... in 2 weeks is a new event in beta. Same old style for the next event.

June In beta we should have the summer event too. It's not that far away really. I bet InnoGames have done a lot of changes to that too. Remember all those players complaining about the hoods changing the wheel when you're trying for that 1 building.

Andrew420

Major
Thanks for the info that is already available on beta where I posted my thoughts on the event I wont be expressing them here
At first was surprised that not many have commented but remembered this is the forums and 80% of players never visit forums
The ones that do, also visit the beta server and already know this info and have passed it on to guild mates and friends

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Thanks for the info that is already available on beta where I posted my thoughts on the event I wont be expressing them here
At first was surprised that not many have commented but remembered this is the forums and 80% of players never visit forums
The ones that do, also visit the beta server and already know this info and have passed it on to guild mates and friends

I agree with you. Players who play EN (or indeed any other server) should be able to enjoy AND complete ANY events without having prior knowledge of the quests per event.

DeletedUser

I agree with you. Players who play EN (or indeed any other server) should be able to enjoy AND complete ANY events without having prior knowledge of the quests per event.
No one forced you to read this thread... it says spoiler in the heading.