• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Some trade mechanics fixes

DeletedUser113235

Trade in FoE should be easy and comfortable.
Then why not add some cool feature and improvements to the trade system?

1) Mark Unfair trades (Giving high era goods for low era goods, probably most of us are in a guild, and we know what is the definition of fair trade).
Also giving value to the 'unfairness' which the user won't see but it will effect on the order of the trades in the list.
For example,
200 Stone for 100 Golden Rise is 2:1 Ratio, which will appear in the top of the list, though it's very unfair (unless it's private trade for FPs)
The algorithm will mark this trade as - Very unfair and push him down to the end of the list.
How does the algorithm work?
- Get: Age difference(negative value, 0, positive value) and Ratio
- Returns: Profitability(negative value, 0, positive value)
Where
Higher negative values (in absolute) = unfair trade
Zero = fair trade
higher positive values = profitable trade

2) Mark Profitable Trades
The same way the algorithm works

* Marking could be -
Add a dot (red / green) with the trade
Changing foreground color
etc...

3) Add General Filter
Right now, in the trades, you can search for a specific good.
But what if someone needs or offers all goods from a specific era?
The filter will show all the relevant trades for the era selected.
For example,
Need: Colonial Age Goods
Shows: Coffee, Paper, Porcelain, Tar, Wires.

4) In Phone version
Shift the Need and Offer columns to the right.
Add a new column in the left section of the offer - Called Info.
By taping on it, the user will see:
- The name of the player that created the trade offer
- How much time remains to the trade offer until it expires.

Sp32

Master Corporal
+1 adds more depth to trading and these functions you would see on trading websites such ebay amazon etc so it makes sense to me. So many eras now so it seems more viable than it would have done. I made a mistake trading oceanic instead of vf one time because I thought a good was vf but it was of and I was trading 200 at a time to a friend.. Luckily it didnt negatively effect me but this function would have stopped that mistake.

Another good suggestion... You're on fire 8-)

May I add display user name in trades on mobile as I had to know his exact offers before I could accept and I had to hope they were my friends trades and not duplicate from a different user

Emberguard

Legend
Are you saying you want the user to be able to determine what's a unfair trade and then the system organise based on user input?

Edit:
* Marking could be -
Add a dot (red / green) with the trade
Changing foreground color
etc...
Ok, so this is how it determines it? and those trades get pushed to the back?

Not sure how useful that'd be on its own. Trades are already organised based on 2:1, 1:1, 1:2 in that order from what I've observed in the market

If you mark one trade as unfair, are you asking every trade by that person to be pushed to the back or just the single marked trade?

Last edited:

Dead-Eye

General
No such thing as an unfair trade. I think we have been through all this rubbish before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
No such thing as an unfair trade. I think we have been through all this rubbish before.

Yes and we are going through it again. He believes he can improve the game by repeating ideas that have been shot down before.

Sp32

Master Corporal
I'd like to see trades ordered in this way ->

tier 1 (appears at the top)

VF goods for VF goods at 2:1 then 1:1 then 1:2

tier 2 (appears second etc)

OF goods for OF goods at 2:1 then 1:1 then 1:2

Trades which are era x for era y at the bottom of all currently available tiers

I see a lot of trades which are like 400 paper for 200 biogeo which is 2:1 but I'd never do it and I do think it appears later than most trades but I think that should be at the bottom or top of the bottom so to speak unless there are better trades which are closer eras to one another... Not sure if that's clear enough but judging by the amount of typing I did it's probably not worth all the effort, but it's still something I'd personally prefer.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
Yes , i want that as well for a very long time ... i would love to be able to filter out trades like 200 stone for 100 tinplate and ect ... i would like that in that filter you could only see trades that are one age up or down from the offerd age goods ... also the part with filtering the whole age when i want to get goods as curunt filter is horrible and takes to much time to go one by one good type from the same era ... generally a big +1 and even bigger if it is including even more options ....

DeletedUser113235

Edit:

Ok, so this is how it determines it? and those trades get pushed to the back?

Not sure how useful that'd be on its own. Trades are already organised based on 2:1, 1:1, 1:2 in that order from what I've observed in the market

If you mark one trade as unfair, are you asking every trade by that person to be pushed to the back or just the single marked trade?

Hmmm.. Yeah, that is the meaning of algorithm. You give input and get output.
Right now, the main sorting filter is the ratio - Higher ratio -> higher placed in the list (2,... 1.5,... 1,... 0.5)

I don't offer how the algorithm will EXACTLY work, and how the SORTING will work.
Just gave an idea, that will mark the best trades and the worse trades. I see, from your comment and from othet comments that you read this one time and don't read carefully.

It doesn't have to push down/up in the list,
could also change foreground color or mark in other way.

@Richard of shaw @Agent327 @Emberguard
Also, all of you that disagreed, missed other section of the ideas. Such as No.4 - which fixes the phone version.
And also section No.3 - for general age/era filter.

In addition, my idea is not say:
"Ok that unfair trade, it's 3 age difference and ratio 0.5, let's move it to the bottom of the list"
But, I suggest nee algorithm ( my purpose is not offer the algorithm, it's for the developers) that will give new way of filtering / highlighting the trade offers.
* User can click on the CheckBox "Filter by Profitness" and then the algorithm will work.
* Ok maybe the filtering will remain as it is now, but you will see additional VISUAL information (foreground / colored point) that will indicate the profitness of the trade offer.

Personally, I would love to see both in action.

DeletedUser113901

+1 can be troublesome in the highest era where offer and need do it all but I often go to the market and scroll down pages of offers 100 IrA needs 50 HMA, when they already have a fair trade calculator.

Emberguard

Legend
Oh I saw #4, I just wanted more clarification on the rest of it to make sure I'm not missing the point

But, I suggest nee algorithm ( my purpose is not offer the algorithm, it's for the developers) that will give new way of filtering / highlighting the trade offers.
* User can click on the CheckBox "Filter by Profitness" and then the algorithm will work.
* Ok maybe the filtering will remain as it is now, but you will see additional VISUAL information (foreground / colored point) that will indicate the profitness of the trade offer.

Personally, I would love to see both in action.
Ok so based on user input it'd then decide how the market should be shown? This is probably going to need to be able to distinguish whether the user put a red mark because the trade was too small (1-10 goods trades), or if it was the ratio that was the problem. And then from that figure out whether it was any of the above or only the span of ages that had an issue and which ages should have which ratio

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
Well ... from what i understood , the player that makes trade wouldn't be the one who is going to mark them ... then i could make a trade and mark it as i see fit ... that from what i was reading would computer do ... like if i make a trade that is 100 stone for 200 AI , then algorithm would mark it as unfair/un proftable and players would automatically see it like that ...

Agent327

Overlord
@Richard of shaw @Agent327 @Emberguard
Also, all of you that disagreed, missed other section of the ideas. Such as No.4 - which fixes the phone version.
And also section No.3 - for general age/era filter.

Did not miss anything. You put 4 seperate ideas in one. Once a mod wakes up to that you are most likely be asked to make seperate posts.

Since you start with unfair trades and unfair trades do not exist you are once again killing your own idea.

DeletedUser113235

Well ... from what i understood , the player that makes trade wouldn't be the one who is going to mark them ... then i could make a trade and mark it as i see fit ... that from what i was reading would computer do ... like if i make a trade that is 100 stone for 200 AI , then algorithm would mark it as unfair/un proftable and players would automatically see it like that ...
Yeah, right.

DeletedUser113235

Did not miss anything. You put 4 seperate ideas in one. Once a mod wakes up to that you are most likely be asked to make seperate posts.

Since you start with unfair trades and unfair trades do not exist you are once again killing your own idea.

The idea is to improve the trade system, it includes 4 sections haha

Vesiger

Monarch
I like the idea of the info column and the era filter.
The others are more contentious, I think.
Perhaps the post should be split into two or three separate ideas for voting purposes? Otherwise I think you're apt to get voted down based on a single subsection.

DeletedUser113235

Now what do you know. Can we get another haha?
No, it's still improvements for Trade System. This includes 4 sections each represents another change.

Unfair and Profitable Marker, Age/Era filter, Info in phone (Owner and Expire time)

They belong to the same idea - Improve the trade system.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
No, it's still improvements for Trade System. This includes 4 sections each represents another change.

Unfair and Profitable Marker, Age/Era filter, Info in phone (Owner and Expire time)

They belong to the same idea - Improve the trade system.
Correct!