• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Soccer Event 2020 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Another overly complex event that seems more like a chore than fun. I'll be giving this one a miss.
It's not that complex at all, it's just:
1. Training = same damn thing as always, but 'gain exp' mechanic added to players.
2. Tournament = Fire Emblem weapon triangle... so, if you've ever played an FE games, congrats, this is nothing new. (but still horribly prone to RNG-screwage, just hopefully not as soul destroying as that nightmare known as Ch17 in Path of Radiance!:P)

The main tactics I've concluded from lurking about the beta forums are;
1. DON'T HOARD YOUR ENERGY DRINKS!!
To get anywhere in the tournaments, you need to get player cards to both unlock all the different players, AND, get them some early exp to level them up. So don't be waiting until the final 4-5 days to spend drinks, since your team will suck and you'll probably have fallen too far behind in the Tournament side to get anything beyond, (maybe?), Amateur league ranking. (if even that!lol)

2. Don't let your tournament tickets accumulate for too long.
You'll get 1 free ticket every 8hrs, with the ticket bar maxing out at 3 tickets. While it might not be terribad to let the bar sit full for the first 2-3 days of the event, you don't really want to be missing out on much more than that. Even if you just stick to only ever playing vs. the 'easy' opponents 100% of the time, you still want to play as many tournament matches as possible to at least try and stay in Bronze league.

3. Player Cards are amazing early event prizes.
Player Cards are how you will unlock the 'missing' 10 players from your team, and once you gain duplicates, they will proceed to simply add on more exp for leveling up that duplicated player.
GAINING YOUR FULL ROSTER ASAP IS SUPER CRITICAL TO SUCCESS!!

4. 'Welcome to Fire Emblem 101', aka, the 'weapon triangle'.
It's simple really, A -> B -> C -> A
To gain the most optimal chance to win the tournament matches, you simply need to have all 15 players unlocked, and then send in 4-5 of the most optimal type + 0-1 of the next best...
ie: if the opposing team is say: A + A + B + C + C
Then you want to send in a team of: C + C + C + C + C/B
Why? Simply put, C is neutral to 2 enemies, strong vs. 2 and is only weak vs. 1... if we tried to match up say, C + C + B + B + A, then we get a clusterfeth where each of our players is only strong vs. at most 2 enemies, but also weak vs. 2 different enemies as well! (thereby basically canceling out any bonuses we tried to gain.)

5. This event is a diamond player's wet dream. :P
Don't expect Silver league if you're a F2P player, or even just a mild diamond spender... expect that by day 2, all the big spenders will have near-max/max leveled player rosters and probably be well out of reach. It's just the nature of the beast, so unless you want to join the Visagoths tribe, (see what I did there?!), do yourself a huge favour and don't expect to climb out of Bronze league...
If anything, I'd personally look at mild diamond spending as a way to finish off getting the attacking army Def% half of the main building to Lv6 and just leave the other half with the defending army boost at Lv5. ;)

...oh, and yes, I still have extreme butt-hurt issues over Path of Radiance Ch.17!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
More defence for attacking army is so welcome, bring on those tracks. Can be a 24% bonus to defence on attacking armies per expansion slot, which yes is lower then 8 level 2 towers (taking half the space) however you'd need to win 16 prizes over 4 prizes. Quite a massive difference for space concerns and viability. If you got the space the tracks are great, if you don't then the towers are still immensely better :D No idea why something that takes 4 spaces gives 6% whereas something that takes 1 space gives 4%. (I was honestly hoping they'd at least get buffed to 4% per side, to give 8% so its at least worth 2 towers)

FP per space is good, same space as a level 2 SoK. Less space then the train cars. Goods per space can be good too. Winners plaza looks awesome. Gonna be a good event for rewards. Just much harder to get said rewards.

HapsterD

Private
I have been playing this game for years and joined every event since the beginning. I dont know why so many people are so whiny about this event... just read up on the mechanics and make a tactic on how to handle this event beforehand.

as an experienced player i say this is the best, most fun and most beautifull event that inno ever made cant wait for it to start!

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
...as an experienced player i say this is the best, most fun and most beautifull event that inno ever made cant wait for it to start!

Each to their own I guess, but there are plenty of very experienced players who enjoy the main game and not these tiresome time-hogging mini games. If I want to waste hours on games of luck I could play Candy Crush. Luckily for me my city is advanced enough that I can skip this event and it's mediocre rewards.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
As a relative newbie to this game (I started late in the Xmas train event) - could you please elaborate on point 4 (as I quoted below).
Myself, I am finding everything I have read on this event so far to be very confusing, and what you are saying below, kinda makes sense - but which players, or cards, are A B and C meant to be? (or is that positions) I liked the Archy event, Forge Bowl and the Spring Event were pretty straight through - St Patricks Day on the other, fairly straight forward but also quite time consuming. This soccer event now, I am still trying to figure out what it is I need to do. And from reading your post, starting to sound like it will also be very time consuming as well as confusing. I've been reading up on the Summer Event - and that one sounds fairly straight forward - so in my limited experience on this game so far, only this event is giving me headaches to figure out what I should do (and apparently when I should do it)

It's not that complex at all, it's just:

4. 'Welcome to Fire Emblem 101', aka, the 'weapon triangle'.
It's simple really, A -> B -> C -> A
To gain the most optimal chance to win the tournament matches, you simply need to have all 15 players unlocked, and then send in 4-5 of the most optimal type + 0-1 of the next best...
ie: if the opposing team is say: A + A + B + C + C
Then you want to send in a team of: C + C + C + C + C/B
Why? Simply put, C is neutral to 2 enemies, strong vs. 2 and is only weak vs. 1... if we tried to match up say, C + C + B + B + A, then we get a clusterfeth where each of our players is only strong vs. at most 2 enemies, but also weak vs. 2 different enemies as well! (thereby basically canceling out any bonuses we tried to gain.)

DeletedUser10851

I too am one of these long time (for years) player of FoE and I too have enjoyed events FROM THE PAST. They were fun and at times frustrating which was part of that fun. Now they are nothing more than a time consuming mess with "not worth the effort" rewards...

Inno might think they make more money from these types of events and they just might from newer players who never had the experience from the old style ones. From the majority of us, the long time players, we probably would, on the old events where dailys made it worth it. Now, not a chance.

I'm still waiting for the "I do not want to participate" button on events, that was requested when Inno started changing the format.
K.I.S.S.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
As a relative newbie to this game (I started late in the Xmas train event) - could you please elaborate on point 4 (as I quoted below).
Myself, I am finding everything I have read on this event so far to be very confusing, and what you are saying below, kinda makes sense - but which players, or cards, are A B and C meant to be? (or is that positions) I liked the Archy event, Forge Bowl and the Spring Event were pretty straight through - St Patricks Day on the other, fairly straight forward but also quite time consuming. This soccer event now, I am still trying to figure out what it is I need to do. And from reading your post, starting to sound like it will also be very time consuming as well as confusing. I've been reading up on the Summer Event - and that one sounds fairly straight forward - so in my limited experience on this game so far, only this event is giving me headaches to figure out what I should do (and apparently when I should do it)
The whole 'A/B/C' is just a generic example honestly... For this event, it's going to be:
Attacker -> Midfielder -> Defender -> Attacker
(aka: Attacker beats Midfielder, Midfielder beats Defender, and Defender beats Attacker)

The big 'difference' for this event is to avoid hoarding most/all your event currency to spend on a later date. (ie: don't wait until the back half of the event!)
You want to unlock your 15 players and at least get them enough exp to get decent odds at winning the 'Easy' level Tournament matches... And yes, the RNG is mean as gak, so don't be surprised when victory odds of 70-75% fail consistently. (just swear a lot at the game - it at least helps with the pent-up anger. :P)

Like every event, it's best to use the wiki page which has the quest lists, (as they appeared on Beta), as a guide to crush out the sequential quests as quickly as possible - build up a good stash of energy drinks within the first 24-48hrs and go for an early prize to help start unlocking the Player Cards... Note that you'll also get 48 Player Cards just by completing the initial 34 sequential quests, so don't get too crazy over it!;))
If you've got enough space and you organize your city ahead of time well enough, you can easily clear the first 34 quests on the first day.

Muhabir

Private
The whole 'A/B/C' is just a generic example honestly... For this event, it's going to be:
Attacker -> Midfielder -> Defender -> Attacker
(aka: Attacker beats Midfielder, Midfielder beats Defender, and Defender beats Attacker)

The big 'difference' for this event is to avoid hoarding most/all your event currency to spend on a later date. (ie: don't wait until the back half of the event!)
You want to unlock your 15 players and at least get them enough exp to get decent odds at winning the 'Easy' level Tournament matches... And yes, the RNG is mean as gak, so don't be surprised when victory odds of 70-75% fail consistently. (just swear a lot at the game - it at least helps with the pent-up anger. :P)

Like every event, it's best to use the wiki page which has the quest lists, (as they appeared on Beta), as a guide to crush out the sequential quests as quickly as possible - build up a good stash of energy drinks within the first 24-48hrs and go for an early prize to help start unlocking the Player Cards... Note that you'll also get 48 Player Cards just by completing the initial 34 sequential quests, so don't get too crazy over it!;))
If you've got enough space and you organize your city ahead of time well enough, you can easily clear the first 34 quests on the first day.

It really depends on what daily specials you are aiming for. As tickets regenerate at a rate of 1 every 8 hours, it is optimal to try the tournament 3 times a day. Unfortunately, there is also a hard cap of 3 tickets stored before they stop regenerating. Also, every other quest you complete gives you 1 additional ticket.

This means that you have to spend the tickets you got from the event quests immediately - or at least within the next 8 hours - or else you start losing potential tickets. Since each ticket you spend is a chance at receiving the tournament daily special, completing the first 34 quests on day 1 will force you to spend 17 tickets on a daily special you may or may not want to receive, or else lose a bunch of tickets.

Since the potential tournament rivals appear to be based on your own team's strength and not on the average strength of all players, collecting player cards probably doesn't affect your tournament winnings as much as playing matches on the "right" days does.

I would therefore suggest this strategy instead:

1) Wait for a desirable tournament daily special to appear (For me this is probably going to be the FP tracks)
2) Complete as many quests as you can once it does
3) Play as many tournament games as you can with the tickets you receive
4) Don't spend the energy drinks on the training field, instead save them for when a desirable training daily special comes up

Now, this does depend on the order of tournament vs. training daily specials. For the FP tracks especially, in Beta they only appeared on day 9 of the event as a tournament special if I'm not mistaken. If your desired daily special doesn't appear in the first 4 - 5 days, spending the tournament tickets you receive from the questline for an acceptable alternative that appears earlier in the tournament might very well be a better choice.

legend9182

Major-General
It really depends on what daily specials you are aiming for. As tickets regenerate at a rate of 1 every 8 hours, it is optimal to try the tournament 3 times a day. Unfortunately, there is also a hard cap of 3 tickets stored before they stop regenerating. Also, every other quest you complete gives you 1 additional ticket.

This means that you have to spend the tickets you got from the event quests immediately - or at least within the next 8 hours - or else you start losing potential tickets. Since each ticket you spend is a chance at receiving the tournament daily special, completing the first 34 quests on day 1 will force you to spend 17 tickets on a daily special you may or may not want to receive, or else lose a bunch of tickets.

Since the potential tournament rivals appear to be based on your own team's strength and not on the average strength of all players, collecting player cards probably doesn't affect your tournament winnings as much as playing matches on the "right" days does.

I would therefore suggest this strategy instead:

1) Wait for a desirable tournament daily special to appear (For me this is probably going to be the FP tracks)
2) Complete as many quests as you can once it does
3) Play as many tournament games as you can with the tickets you receive
4) Don't spend the energy drinks on the training field, instead save them for when a desirable training daily special comes up

Now, this does depend on the order of tournament vs. training daily specials. For the FP tracks especially, in Beta they only appeared on day 9 of the event as a tournament special if I'm not mistaken. If your desired daily special doesn't appear in the first 4 - 5 days, spending the tournament tickets you receive from the questline for an acceptable alternative that appears earlier in the tournament might very well be a better choice.
This is good idea to start later.
So it will be first I will plan the quests
Hope I touch my guild ates record of completing all quests in day 1 only in 30 to 40 mins