• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Seeing the unit!

• Thread starter DeletedUser7719
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7719

Proposal:
During battle Let us see the unit when we our cursor over it (I'm talking about hovering over a unit in the bottom bar)

Have you...:
No similar ideas (I think)

Reason:
The stats always seem to get in the way when I want to see the next unit that's coming up.
here I can't see which berserker I am seeing (in the battle) from the pop up menu :(

Details/Visual Aid:
(Visual Aid may or may not come)
Two suggestions-

A) Hovering your cursor should only highlight the unit.Then after a second or two, the stats should pop up
B) Just make the stats a little transparent:
When hovering over the units image in the bar, the tooltip is 50% transparent, allowing the player to see through it and know which unit he/she is hovering over.

Balance/Abuse:
Does not affect gameplay

Summary:
It's annoying that we can't see the unit when trying to strategize, let's get rid of this!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am not sure what you are getting at because when I hover over any unit in the bottom bar (the one in play or the ones still to move) I see the unit highlighted and a description pops up. When the description covers the highlighted unit I use the scroll arrow t scroll the bottom bar.

So what else do you want? PS I just did a battle to confirm that this is still the case and yes it is.

DeletedUser7719

Long story short: Scrolling is annoying
(I use to do this too. Then I just gave up on trying to find out which unit it is :p. Also, scrolling won't work when you are looking at one of the last units of the cycle or there are a few units left which will get rid of the cycle button)

DeletedUser6461

+1 Very Nice idea Byeordie :)

Currently, while we hovering enemy military unit (while battling) from the lower end portraits sometimes some of the units (not all) are hidden behind the pop up details (each military unit statistics) and it is very difficult to follow which unit is next-in-line to counter our attacks. I am sure all those fighters using this strategy (check the next attacking units of your opponents) would love to see this done :)

DeletedUser

+1

I absolutely agree, some units gets hidden behind the stats-popup and the only thing you can see is the movement area, if there's a group of units there, it's very difficult to see what specific unit that you're pointing on. And to be forced to scroll just to be able to see that is indeed very annoying, especially when you have your mind full of possible strategies.

byeordie said:
Have you...:

Haha you indeed like to keep it short :p

DeletedUser6461

1 picture can keep it shorter than 100 words :)

here I can't see which berserker I am seeing (in the battle) from the pop up menu :(
Clip_5.jpg

DeletedUser7719

Would you guys mind either option? Or would you prefer both at once ;)

Amy Steele

General
+1 from me too.. I recently changed tactics and now try to focus on the next enemy unit to move. I dislike having to scroll to see which unit that might be. I like the idea of there being a second or so delay before the unit stats pop up - that's just long enough to take in which unit is to move next and does not delay things unduly should you also wish to check the unit stats.

DeletedUser6461

Would you guys mind either option? Or would you prefer both at once ;)

If the pop up is made a little transparent, I think the problem will be solved or else, when hovering the scrolling bar the pop up should be directly available on top of the actual military units (not the scrolling bar portraits). Either way, it's fine but both (pop-up military unit statistics and the yellow cursor on the hexagon) on the should be available to identify the units at the same time :)

DeletedUser

Byeoride, I did some pictures for your suggestion. The 1st image shows the "transparent tooltip"-suggestion, picture 2 and 3 describes another solution regarding this suggestion.

Alternative 1: 50% Transparent Tooltips

When hovering over the units image in the bar, the tooltip is 50% transparent, allowing the player to see through it and know which unit he/she is hovering over.
TransparentTooltip.jpg

Alternative 2: Highlight & Tooltip

When hovering over the units image in the bar, the desired unit is only highligted, without any tooltip at all.
HighlightNoTooltip.jpg

When hovering over the unit itself, the tooltip from the bar is shown instead of the shortened one. The tooltip aligns differently depending on the units position to fit the screen.
HighlightWithTooltip.jpg

DeletedUser6461

Nice one falcon (+1 rep is on the way). I can't just believe it's you who made it ;)

DeletedUser7719

I like Alternative One, but in Alternative two: where would you see enemy unit's stats?

Btw, It's probably because this is your first Visual Aid we've seen...

DeletedUser

I like Alternative One, but in Alternative two: where would you see expected/relitation damage? It's probably because this is your first Visual Aid we've seen...

The expected/retaliation damage would be added (only 2 fields) below the "ordinary" stats :)

DeletedUser

I prefer option 1, but anything that helps gets a +1 from me. Good thinking Byordie.

DeletedUser

Ahhhh. So you are recycling THIS IDEA

Funny how these ideas get posted, supported, ignored then posted and supported again. Is anyone really listening?

DeletedUser

lol I knew I'd seen this somewhere else, it was the transparent picture that jogged my memory. I was going to look it up, but didn't care enough I guess : P I plus one the catch that this idea has been posted already XD

DeletedUser7719

Dang, I probably didn't remember that idea since I never posted in it.
BUT... note the person never really gave a good solution to the problem. It looks like he would be making things worse by the need of a bigger monitor (and we all have seen that discussion about not reaching the top square ;)).

If this thread could be merged with the old one, I wouldn't mind.

DeletedUser6461

Ahhhh. So you are recycling THIS IDEA

Funny how these ideas get posted, supported, ignored then posted and supported again. Is anyone really listening?

My bad, I haven't noticed that idea :(
Anyway, as you rightly mentioned some of these ideas will come up again and again with small changes. I think we must combine these ideas to be on one place to have an order and sequence of events :) Though it's strenuous, there seem to be no way-out too as some good and genuine ideas seem to be lacking support at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.