• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Seeing the unit!

• Thread starter DeletedUser7719
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Bump.

Any plans to implement something like this then?

I was about to post the idea myself, but after a search found this and several other posts before it, all positively received and yet the problem persists.
I also notice in the "Ideas previously suggested" thread that "Hide or minimize unit statistics in battle" is included in the list of ideas that we shouldn't post.
What's the situation? It seems it's a good idea that ought to be easy to solve and wouldn't introduce any balance or possible abuse issues...

These pop up menus can be very annoying especially when they obscure an enemy unit's range of movement and it can't be worked around by clicking through the units along the bottom.

DeletedUser2989

Yes and old problem and an old idea, still it would awesome if this was fixed up. Maybe Inno need to spend a bit more time looking into the problems that get discussed or brought up in ideas. I like that their updates address bugs but they always seem to be minor ones.

+1 to this idea of making pop ups less annoying on the battle map (by any of the fine methods in this thread!).

DeletedUser15432

I like this idea also and would give a +1 also and will also rate this thread

DeletedUser102241

+1 for Alternative 1.
-1 for Alternative 2. Creates a new problem where the units movement / range is obscured.
Or, another alternative. What if hovering only highlighted the unit's position on the map, and clicking on the image brought up the tooltip.

DeletedUser

+1, would be nice, but not really something that is urgently needed.

DeletedUser14914

+1

i absolutely agree, some units gets hidden behind the stats-popup and the only thing you can see is the movement area, if there's a group of units there, it's very difficult to see what specific unit that you're pointing on. And to be forced to scroll just to be able to see that is indeed very annoying, especially when you have your mind full of possible strategies.

Haha you indeed like to keep it short :p

+ 1 :o)

DeletedUser11899

+1

Remove any kind of non-desired pop-up in the battlefield when fighting

DeletedUser99588

The change in hex colour around the unit needs to be more prominent. I have noticed it becomes harder to see it when fighting modern age onwards.

DeletedUser103455

Once IN battle, the POPUP is COMPLETELY POINTLESS, you chose your troops going in and you can compare them before!

But IF it is unavoidable, I agree, the design could be transparent if that's an option or it could just be horizontal instead of vertical... The map is static and there's a whole inch wasted between troops bar and bottom of field...

DeletedUser108903

The change in hex colour around the unit needs to be more prominent. I have noticed it becomes harder to see it when fighting modern age onwards.

i agree with your observation... not only that the hex color around the unit on the field needs to be more prominent but the highlight of the unit in the status bar is so poorly made that people are maybe not aware of it at all.

if you want to see what unit is next in line and stats are in the way (like the original poster said) you can hover your mouse cursor over the units on the field and look at the status bar to find out.

hover111.jpg

...you can see in this picture just how badly the highlight in the status bar is made. it only ''whitens'' the unit and in my opinion this needs to be greatly improved. Situation is even worse on the mobile version of the game because there you have to tap and hold on the unit to see how much it can move but it does not show the selected unit in the status bar so you can't know when it is in line to act. You can't even tap on the unit in status bar and find out what unit it is on the field so the battles on mobile are really inferior to those on PC and it is not fair for mobile users. Here is a screenshot so if the devs are reading this plz fix mobile battles asap.

hhhhhhhhh.jpg

(off topic) ...another thing that is worse on the mobile version is Great Buildings. You can't invest your forge point packages directly in GB's like you can on PC and if your neighbor gets moved to another neighborhood and you invested points in their GB you can only see it on the contribution list but you can't enter their GB anymore like you can on PC.

333333333.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.