• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Raids/plunder

• Thread starter DeletedUser110672
  • Start date

DeletedUser110639

I am a raider. I am a plunderer. I do it daily, to almost everyone in my hood, and have been doing it for a month.

I get it, it sucks to have your goods building plundered. There goes 5-30 goods down the drain, as well as the time and gold/supplies spent. But this is easy to avoid, by making sure you collect your productions on time.

Additionally, if there is one person in your hood who keeps attacking you, you know which units he is going to attack you with, so you can set up a defensive army that counters his attacking army.

Another strategy is to simply send this person a friend request. Then he can't attack you and your goods are safe.

So here is this whole situation from my point of view:

I have spent a lot of time and money on producing military units. Or in fact, at the moment, I was an HMA player (now in LMA) who spent time to collect blueprints and goods for an Alcatraz. But that is still an immense amount of resources I have put in to the game, in order to even get to that, and even if I didn't have a Traz to produce units for me, I'd have to have a number of military buildings running. These take up space and population, and they require supplies and gold to produce.

So I am putting in a lot of effort to even be able to attack other players, for the chance that I might plunder a goods buildings or - if I'm especially lucky - a Terrace Farm. But most of the time in my LMA hood, I get to plunder 120 gold or a handful of supplies.

Considering the cost, the risk and the amount of time spent on the actual battles, I think it's a fair trade. Especially because you can do so much to foil my attacks.

At the end of the day, this is a multiplayer game, and Inno has made it possible to attack other players. There are even achievements for attacking and plundering. You choose how you want to approach other players. You can friend them, you can counter their units, you can set up defenses. Or you can complain about it on the forum, but that doesn't mean that they will stop.

A final suggestion for you, is to not put all your eggs in one basket. If you only have two goods buildings from your age (the two you have boosts for), then you'll lose a lot when you get plundered. I am in LMA, and I'm running with 5 of each, which means I don't really hurt that much if someone plunders one of my factories.

Vesiger

Monarch
Additionally, if there is one person in your hood who keeps attacking you, you know which units he is going to attack you with, so you can set up a defensive army that counters his attacking army.

Another strategy is to simply send this person a friend request. Then he can't attack you and your goods are safe.
Most plunderers in my experience only attack those whom they can defeat without effort (they surrender immediately if they discover a defending army of the same age as their own).
And the last time we had a plunderer in my neighbourhood (turned out he was annoying everybody so much that a group message went round about it asking if there wasn't anybody with an army capable of retaliating - he was No.1 in the neighbourhood and there wasn't), he was actually a former friend of mine whom I'd polished loyally for a long time. He deliberately broke the friendship so that he could raid me daily along with the others.
I was not amused - and sending a friend request certainly wouldn't have helped!

DeletedUser110195

Most plunderers in my experience only attack those whom they can defeat without effort (they surrender immediately if they discover a defending army of the same age as their own).
And the last time we had a plunderer in my neighbourhood (turned out he was annoying everybody so much that a group message went round about it asking if there wasn't anybody with an army capable of retaliating - he was No.1 in the neighbourhood and there wasn't), he was actually a former friend of mine whom I'd polished loyally for a long time. He deliberately broke the friendship so that he could raid me daily along with the others.
I make it a point to slug such people in the face with a retaliation and a plunder, even if they retreat. Attack me and open yourself to my wrath, leave me be and I'll mot/pol you until the neighborhoods get shook up again. Everyday I take whatever losses I need to for the win, then I wait to plunder something of value. It works quite nicely most of the time...I even get the occasional 'surrender' in the form of a friend invite. XD

DeletedUser109385

he was actually a former friend of mine whom I'd polished loyally for a long time. He deliberately broke the friendship so that he could raid me daily along with the others.
That definitely makes them a bad person!

DeletedUser110433

It is very VERY sad, but that is how the game was built. I wish there was sunshine and rainbows out there for everyone, but this game capitalizes on military thinking, it can not be removed.
There are multiple options to do good deeds for others, and if you look at it like that, than there are not as many bad deeds done. I find it challenging to overcome obstacles, plundering is a high hurdle to leap, but it is possible. If you get too comfortable you`ll end up lazy and weak, fair share of trouble keeps you in shape.

I understand plundering is part of the game but think about it, the victim works hard to produce those goods and FPs by being active everyday and someone just comes along, beats your army with almost no losses and takes your goods is just outrages. Shouldn't the plunderer actually think about the troubles his/her victim is going through to get those goods and FPs like finding the space for them, paying to build them....If it's only once or maybe 5 times a month then I guess is no big deal but if the plunderer raided his/her victim EVERYDAY then that is just simply going a little bit over the line.

By the way +1

No - This is a game Where we Have Survival of The Strongest - Weed out the weaklings just like in any other game.
And by the way -1

DeletedUser103370

True, we need the war aspect, though once I was plundered for weeks by someone 2 ages higher...
His troops were 3 times stronger than mine, and I couldn't do anything. What I was able to achieve, is after a week I was able to kill 2 of his troops in each attack, so he gave up on me :)

DeletedUser110433

Sadly this game does allow some abuses. Although i still consider plundering valuable part of the game, i just ran in to serious trouble with new hood system.
Very ''Fair'' of the game to drop me in new hood to rank #70 just because i advanced an age, 5 days is not enough to get first military tech of new era. Being at the very bottom of food chain (first time for me) is very inviting for everyone else, so no surprise i got picked on quite a few times. Of course free units from GE quickly changed my situation, but what if it was somebody else?

DeletedUser108379

Very ''Fair'' of the game to drop me in new hood to rank #70 just because i advanced an age, 5 days is not enough to get first military tech of new era. Being at the very bottom of food chain (first time for me)...?

You think it is unfair you are at the end of the hood? Someone has to be there, and since you say yourself it is the first time, why is it unfair?

And to the idea -1
Why? I do not like to plunder, but I do attack my neighbours sometimes. If some of them could opt out (without any disadvantages to them), it would make those I could attack less for one, but it would also for all other make much fewer neighbours that can be attacked. And since some of those attackers will be also plunder, that would increase the chance of me to get plundered.
To give an option to opt out without cost is not good. And there is now a possibility to "opt out". Just buy the city shield in the tavern and no one can attack you.

DeletedUser110433

You think it is unfair you are at the end of the hood? Someone has to be there, and since you say yourself it is the first time, why is it unfair?
Valid point :D, on the other hand, when i just started the game one year ago i got hood change every week, because i climbed from middle to top in matter of days. Never was first for more than few days, now i`ll be last for quite a while, a bit difficult but i`ll manage.

DeletedUser107699

I only plunder when i get plundered, with the new method most of us now are in the same era in each hood, not like before where you can have a player 2 eras higher than you in your hood. But i have over 7 million points and i am only in PME. My recommendation for not being plundered is dont rush through the eras, take your time and build your city GBs before moving on, that way you will always be in the top 10 of your hood. I am always 1st or 2nd in my hood and no one bothers me....unless we are at war with them in GvG :)
I am always looking for active players for my guild so it would be awkward if i plundered them daily and then have them in my Guild but for me personally at my level i need aid for my SoKs more than anything else so i aid everyone in my hood at first and then attack for medal points on those who dont return the aid :)
Spearmen dont help in stopping attacks as i use that opportunity to use lower era troops for medals in lower eras.
My recommendation for players who get plundered daily is to first aid that person daily and if that fails, send a polite message to them, if you abusive it might encourage more attacks :)

DeletedUser653

plundering is much fairer then it used to be with players in hoods with other players 3 ages + above them. Plundering is part of the game, You can be a farmer with few military buildings but lots of goods buildings, OR a fighter with lots of Barracks but few goods buildings. This is the game design.
So I chose to be a fighter and used to have a speadsheet of all players in my hood and when they collected to improve my plundering options.

So if your a fighter fight and except a few goods are lost to other fighters, if your a farmer except you will lose a few builds, but if you have 5 more its no big deal.

The real pain is for those migrated to a new hood and and a level below, this is not nice

Actually it does if the player is far more experienced than his/her victim which in this case it is.
A more experienced player got that way through the process of gaining experience, usually achieved with losses. Being willing to learn how to play a game rather than whine that the game isn't what you want does not make another player a bad person.

Sorry guys... but I do struggle to understand the "experience" bit... How many weeks / months / years do you need to be capable of putting 8 units into defence and rotate them around ??? ...
After I was first plundered, it took me under an hour to work out how to set defence troops. After I attacked and had injured units, it was obvious not to attack with them until they healed. Since I had more than 8 units available, I put the healthy ones to use. The learning curve wasn't in years or months or even weeks: it was in hours at the most.

-1 to this idea.

However...

The introduction quests to the game really should explain about setting up your defence army. A new player is encouraged to build troop buildings, to recruit troops, to attack (on the Map) but is never told about setting up a defence army. This is a big gap in knowledge. Even having a pretend attack happen to you (with puny units that two spear will beat up) would be worthwhile and get a player used to the idea that they can be attacked.

Also...

It would help if players were given the chance to set up their town a little bit first, before being attacked. As it is, you can be attacked in the first minute of play, when you have no idea what to do or what is going on. I think a non-aggression period (either way) of around 20 hours playing, would be sensible.

DeletedUser110195

I had no idea about setting up a defensive army until another player mentioned it. This really ought to be in the tutorial.
And that units on defense don't die when killed defending....I was apprehensive about that at first, but would also attempt attacks on people giving me a hard time just far enough to kill something important, not realizing they never die permanently until I noticed they always had the same units day after day and checked.