• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PVP against GVG

aquarius1960

Private
Separate the PVP from the GVG as players are now sieging GVG with weak sieges so that a friend can take it out with no losses such as in tomorrow era one person puts on a siege of 8 blasters then his friend takes it out with 8 drones no casualties and does this for say 10 sieges = 100 extra free fights with no loss and the points goes on the PVP tournament which means no one can compete the players are not even attempting to attack the defences of the sector they siege i suggest making the 2 tournaments separate as its then fair to smaller players who fight the hood every day think they are doing well then someone puts a whole weeks worth of fighting in in 1 hour as with that you dont need to fight as auto will do as blasters cant touch drones same in contemp era with missiles and helis

DeletedUser16126

I fully agree with your statement, those ways to boost battle ranking with sieging silly armies is indeed a pain for real players.
But your proposal will not help in any way. I don't care anymore about tournaments.
Every ranking that inno invents screws. Just have fun in the playing the game, beating other players and other guilds.
All the rest doesn't matter at all!

DeletedUser107476

I personally do not rig the GvG battles and fight against other guilds.
Hood fighters do the same though as they fight a lot more battles but often against weaker opponents.

DeletedUser2989

I think removing points earned via GvG battles from the PvP tournaments would be a good step to bring some "identity" to the PvP tournaments. As a hood based competition it's a bit confusing as to why GvG battles contribute not to mention Continent battles. Both GvG and continent battles should continue to bring points to the players score just not to the PvP tournaments (get it back to something of a hood competition). The PvP tournaments wouldn't be completely fixed but would somewhat resemble what they started as at least. :)

+1

(Note: it'd be nice to see this idea properly formatted)

DeletedUser107476

I think removing points earned via GvG battles from the PvP tournaments would be a good step to bring some "identity" to the PvP tournaments. As a hood based competition it's a bit confusing as to why GvG battles contribute not to mention Continent battles. Both GvG and continent battles should continue to bring points to the players score just not to the PvP tournaments (get it back to something of a hood competition). The PvP tournaments wouldn't be completely fixed but would somewhat resemble what they started as at least. :)

+1

(Note: it'd be nice to see this idea properly formatted)
So how would you award medals to those that do not attack their hood as they use their troops for GvG?

DeletedUser2989

So how would you award medals to those that do not attack their hood as they use their troops for GvG?

Well IF (and that's a big IF) all of someones troops were being constantly used up in GvG and absolutely none were available for neighborhood PvP then that player could get medals from Wishing Wells, Victory Towers, several events have them as prizes, GB reward slots, Deal Castle and the Colosseum produce them daily, Shrines of Awe, Bazzar & Mad Scientist's Labs have a production option for them. Essentially you don't have to participate in any battles to get medals (by now 90% of mine would be from alternative methods) so no one would be deprived completely of medals, it'd just be a matter of having to intentionally participating in the tournaments to attempt to win the extra medals (after all we actively participate in the continent map and GvG for the specific rewards associated with them but currently get the PvP rewards almost passively?).

DeletedUser107476

Well IF (and that's a big IF) all of someones troops were being constantly used up in GvG and absolutely none were available for neighborhood PvP then that player could get medals from Wishing Wells, Victory Towers, several events have them as prizes, GB reward slots, Deal Castle and the Colosseum produce them daily, Shrines of Awe, Bazzar & Mad Scientist's Labs have a production option for them. Essentially you don't have to participate in any battles to get medals (by now 90% of mine would be from alternative methods) so no one would be deprived completely of medals, it'd just be a matter of having to intentionally participating in the tournaments to attempt to win the extra medals (after all we actively participate in the continent map and GvG for the specific rewards associated with them but currently get the PvP rewards almost passively?).

What you said makes little sense. In reality a fully geared up GvG city would not be cluttered with wishing wells, shrines of awe etc. So you would basically punish those that want to fight in GvG.

DeletedUser96901

make quests to get medals :P
in the Future one hour quests gives more medals than winning all towers in a week

and attacking artillery (except rail guns) with flying units shouldn't give any points
that is only cheating in the simplest way

to the idea:
too much GvG action is only cheating
+1 (as long as cheating gives points)

DeletedUser2989

What you said makes little sense. In reality a fully geared up GvG city would not be cluttered with wishing wells, shrines of awe etc. So you would basically punish those that want to fight in GvG.

Well it's hard to say exactly what would be in a GvG geared city, many people consider their towns geared for GvG but they all look different. In any case the point I'm trying to make is that you already have reasons for participating in GvG and the continent map, of which medals are not one. If you want medals, really want them, you can get them without ruining your GvG (though it depends on your priorities, if medals are your number 1 concern you'd probably sacrifice other parts to maximize medal collection).

Not sure I can explain much more as to why I've +1'ed this idea, any more that would help sway people one way or the other at least. If you'd like to ask further questions (markp27) then we should take the conversation to a private one (and out of this thread).

DeletedUser100832

you wouldn't. You made a choice to go fight GvG instead of hood, so you get rewarded with guild power instead of medals.

EDIT: +1 to the idea

DeletedUser107476

you wouldn't. You made a choice to go fight GvG instead of hood, so you get rewarded with guild power instead of medals.

EDIT: +1 to the idea
So you are saying think of number one first and tell the guild to beep off?
Guild comes first in my eyes. It's what a guild is there for, to help each other.

If they do implement this it would need to be backdated to start of game to make it fair on new players. So any victory expansions gained since beginning of game that were gained through GvG points would need to be removed and anything on them deleted including GB's and other builds. Same as they are doing for points system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
I don't see that this disadvantages low-ranking players such as myself - we are much less likely to gain thousands of incidental GvG points as part of our daily activities. Separating out GvG levels the playing field.

Edit: markp, I think you meant to link to the FP-reset thread and not to the Aid-update one?

DeletedUser107476

I don't see that this disadvantages low-ranking players such as myself - we are much less likely to gain thousands of incidental GvG points as part of our daily activities. Separating out GvG levels the playing field.

Edit: markp, I think you meant to link to the FP-reset thread and not to the Aid-update one?
You are correct and have edited it thanks for pointing that out :)
No it does not level the playing field Vesiger. Players like Overtype on their main are FE, have 31 million points and should have all their expansions by now. Some of these players gained some of their expansions from getting points on towers from GvG. All this does is stop others from doing the same giving those who already have gained expansions from that method a distinct advantage.

Vesiger

Monarch
It makes it easier for people who are low-ranking players now to get expansions now, though. Which to me has more gameplay relevance than whether people who already have all their expansions should theoretically have got them quite as quickly as they did. Fortunately expansions are not a zero-sum game...

DeletedUser107476

It makes it easier for people who are low-ranking players now to get expansions now, though. Which to me has more gameplay relevance than whether people who already have all their expansions should theoretically have got them quite as quickly as they did. Fortunately expansions are not a zero-sum game...
How would it be easier?
Expansions are the single most important commodity on the game. It's why most experienced players will tell you buy expansions with diamonds before anything else.