• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

problem with the summer event ship selection

DeletedUser4727

forgive me for saying that but i think it's simply obtuseness

and what about all the other improvements i suggested for the game like put an "undo" button, will that happen in the next update of the game?
I'll take that feedback onboard, but I'm afraid I tend to disagree that it is obtuse. I appreciate that people err, but we are doing a good amount already to aid the player in making the right decision for them.

I will pass on your undo feedback also, but no, absolutely it won't be in the next update. The functionality you're talking about doesn't exist in the game's code.

( Soverign ) Can we? Yes. Will we? No.
The man has stated that this is his first request in 5 years and you don't think this deserves an exception to the rule ?
Sad that's all I can say :(
As has already been covered, the decision to say no is based on fairness for all.

DeletedUser115069

i think that fairness is to help a player who is disappointing from something after 5 years and ask for help, small effort for you, big effort for me to write all this on the forum or to write to support, i think that fairness is to respect a player who complains about something instead of sticking with your approach all the time since you have the power to change it...

if it's a game and it supposed to be fun i think you should be a little more easy and open minded

makes me angry when people don't listen and cannot consider the other people opinion, also makes me angry is to put in for something for a long time like i put in this game and not to get any flexiblety from you

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
i think that if a player is playing the game for 5 years like me and only ask for help one time for something they can help, not for every player who just started the game, this there job, they suppose to help, or at least allow players to fix this kind of things twice or 3 times a year for example, but they don't listen, they are ignorant

What on earth does that have to do with it???? You could say if you have been playing for 5 years it is even more your own fault you made the mistake. New players could do with the help, not you. Rather strange you accuse others of being ignorant.

makes me angry when people don't listen and cannot consider the other people opinion, also makes me angry is to put in for something for a long time like i put in this game and not to get any flexiblety from you

They do listen. They considered your opinion and decided otherwise. It is only fair that do not take into account the amount of time you plaay, or the money you spend on it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser115069

What on earth does that have to do with it???? You could say if you have been playing for 5 years it is even more your own fault you made the mistake. New players could do with the help, not you. Rather strange you accuse others of being ignorant.
so what you are saying is that everyone should get the same treatment, for example: a senior citizen should get the same treatment like a 30 year old? i don't think so, in everything in life time does matter and it's ignorant to treat everyone the same because of "fairness" because everyone are not the same, the amount of time that they put into it is not the same and the amount of energy, and if you claim that everyone are the same you are also ignorant and obtuse. when you play 5 years the chances that you make mistake that happened because of human error and not in purpose is a lot bigger then if you play a year or 2 or less...

They do listen. They considered your opinion and decided otherwise. It is only fair that do not take into account the amount of time you play, or the money you spend on it.
and i didn't and will never spend money on this game like other people may do, maybe like you

Agent327

Overlord
and i didn't and will never spend money on this game like other people may do, maybe like you

Am I saying you or I did?

You want special treatment cause you have been playing for 5 years. It just doesn't work that way. Man up and admit you made a mistake and accept the consequences.

Emberguard

Legend
The man has stated that this is his first request in 5 years and you don't think this deserves an exception to the rule ?
This would be the first chance for this type of request to exist unless there's been other buildings that branch out on what they turn into. I've only been playing for one year, but I haven't heard of any other buildings so far that give that sort of option. There would of course been the events that changed shape when upgraded in the past, but no idea if anyones ever wanted that reversed
i think that fairness is to help a player who is disappointing from something after 5 years and ask for help, small effort for you, big effort for me to write all this on the forum or to write to support, i think that fairness is to respect a player who complains about something instead of sticking with your approach all the time since you have the power to change it...
We have respected you by spending our time with you to give a response. Whether you are willing to accept that response is upto you and I'm assuming would be why you were sent to the forums.

Mr Freedom, there's something I'd like you to consider. If you founded something. For the sake of argument we'll use the guilds in the game for the example. If you worked on a guild of your own as the founder for the last 6 years. Would someone else coming along and working their butt off to keep that guild running alongside the work you do give them any right to usurp your position as Founder changing the precedents and direction you laid out for the guild?

We thank you for your 5 years playing, and as already stated your feedback has been noted. However that doesn't give you power over how the game works anymore then if you bought a physical disc for the playstation 1. There's always the chance of a decision in the future being changed on how something in the game operates, and while the fact you've made this request would very likely play a part in that decision making we can make no promises as to whether or not it will alter the outcome.

Last edited:

Dead-Eye

General
Aw for cryin out loud Mr. Freedom, stop moaning. Windmills next month so there is something to look forward to. Think positive dude!

DeletedUser96901

still one way is open
post an idea to be able to change the ship
get enough +1 to get it forwarded to the developers
wait 1-3 years

and there it is: the forum helped to be able to change the ship

:lol:

Yes they can, but if they all were altered as players wish, we would have completely unstable and ruined game.
if altered or not it goes the way any idea will go

the result can be change or even if the players are for it it could stay the same

DeletedUser111359

if it's a game and it supposed to be fun i think you should be a little more easy and open minded

Actually make a "one off" rule to benefit you, is the polar opposite of fair. It's doing something for you that nobody else gets.

DeletedUser115069

well, what can i say, you cannot make your point with people who made their mind already and in the home court of the managers of the game, i would just say that everyone here missed my point which was to make some helpful changes in the game for everyone (not just for me) and to fix a very small problem that i have with my ship, that's i. i don't think that the people who made this cool game should get so much respect from everybody, don't forget that the game exist because the people who play it, not because of the people who planned it and manage it...

DeletedUser112745

They are crystal clear. Both on the wiki, and when you're selecting the ship. But even so, this player says they meant to get "ship X" but picked "Ship Y" and then confirmed it. This is straight up user error / buyers remorse.

Could not be more clear:
When reaching level 7 of The Ship the player can choose between three options:
  • The Royal Ship ( 6 + 10 + 10%)
  • The Trader Ship ( 3 + 20 + 10%)
  • The Pirate Ship ( 4 + 15 + 8%)
Hello guys.

Can we? Yes. Will we? No. As has been covered, there is an ingame confirmation prior to making your decision. My team isn't changing this on my direction.
I agree with these two. ^
There is information in-game, on the official Wiki and on the fan-made Wikia. If players choose not to do some research while waiting for collections, that's entirely up to them. The information is there, it's the player's responsibility to read it. It's not Inno staff's job to tuck you into bed and read it to you.
There is also a confirmation to make sure that you are certain you want the ship that you chose. Clicking/tapping too fast so that you don't read the confirmation is again down to the player. Slow down and read things, guys, the internet isn't going to vanish a second later.

Who wants to work for free, if it involves problem after problem and with so many pests in the game.
The moderators do. :)
I'm just going to point out that we don't do it for personal gain. All moderators do what they do because they love the game and want to give something back. Helping people and/or doing a bit of detective-like investigating (to resolve issues or find rule violations) are things that moderators enjoy doing.
And if you're job seeking or likely to need/want to look for a new job, it also gives you community management, technical support and customer service skills and experiences, as well as references. :)

DeletedUser115069

I agree with these two. ^
There is information in-game, on the official Wiki and on the fan-made Wikia. If players choose not to do some research while waiting for collections, that's entirely up to them. The information is there, it's the player's responsibility to read it. It's not Inno staff's job to tuck you into bed and read it to you.
There is also a confirmation to make sure that you are certain you want the ship that you chose. Clicking/tapping too fast so that you don't read the confirmation is again down to the player. Slow down and read things, guys, the internet isn't going to vanish a second later.
i still think it's just stubbornness and laziness

The moderators do. :)
I'm just going to point out that we don't do it for personal gain. All moderators do what they do because they love the game and want to give something back. Helping people and/or doing a bit of detective-like investigating (to resolve issues or find rule violations) are things that moderators enjoy doing.
And if you're job seeking or likely to need/want to look for a new job, it also gives you community management, technical support and customer service skills and experiences, as well as references. :)

DeletedUser114563

Hi Skott, I had previously stated that the info on the three ship hasn't sufficient, which is true and I got thrown a ton of bricks at me.

The Royal Ship ( 6 + 10 + 10%)
The Trader Ship ( 3 + 20 + 10%)
The Pirate Ship ( 4 + 15 + 8%)

is barely called information.
What about all the rest that come with it ?
One can easily be misguided by the limited info in the above.

It doesn't cost a arm and a leg to be helpfull or polite.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
Hi Skott, I had previously stated that the info on the three ship hasn't sufficient, which is true and I got thrown a ton of bricks at me.

The Royal Ship ( 6 + 10 + 10%)
The Trader Ship ( 3 + 20 + 10%)
The Pirate Ship ( 4 + 15 + 8%)

is barely called information.
What about all the rest that come with it ?
One can easily be misguided by the limited info in the above.

It doesn't cost a arm and a leg to be helpfull or polite.

It is info and it is not limited at all. What part of it is to hard for you to understand that you can not make a choice, or make a mistake doing so?

Vesiger

Monarch
The original suggestion was that a player could spend an extra upgrade to switch the selection of the ship after it reaches its final level, which sounds reasonable - I think the idea that support could/should do it for you for free is a red herring.

DeletedUser114563

( Vesiger ) I think the idea that support could/should do it for you for free is a red herring.
I don't know the expression "is a red herring", could you please elaborate.