• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Positive Feedback about Forge of Empires

DeletedUser97166

Y'all really need to learn that if you cannot say something nice then you shouldn't say anything at all.

DeletedUser

Y'all really need to learn that if you cannot say something nice then you shouldn't say anything at all.

I agree it is pretty hard when you deeply care for someone who is attacked without valid reason.

DeletedUser99692

At the risk or repeating my self Please stay focused on the topic in hand not bickering and trying to score points

DeletedUser

You do know this thread is a mockery?

To think I took it seriously and really started on what I liked about forge till I found the first post
I really do like the subject though we dutchies complain a lot they say well I believe this is an global matter.
But I think it would be nice indeed if we give some real input on the subject.
What we don’t like is cheating and GvG but they know that in the mean while
Do you by change have a magnifying glass and a contraster for me I’d like to check my spelling.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you had your big moment in the previous century. Ever watched MMA now?

Mixed Martial Arts, not if you are talking the cage type matches, sad stuff. I concentrated in Tang Soo Do. Did matches but not tv kind of stuff. Mostly training for a few years moving up through the belts.

DeletedUser110620

At the risk or repeating my self Please stay focused on the topic in hand not bickering and trying to score points

Plundering is a positive, since it works bug free, but I'm seeing a somewhat constructive debate on the ethics/philosophy/rules of the game and how they affect the different players. Such a debate could bring up points about "it's a positive, but..."

So for example the whole discussion on extortion shows that things that would clearly be against the law in real life is an open practise here. So what is the impact of this? Especially since most games last a few minutes and hours, where people can do things to get the upper hand in a game of cards for example, and put it all behind them afterwards... With plundering it can lead to a grudge which lasts for years! Also the nature of plundering itself could be brought into question, such as the fact that in most other games you have to look at the person, think about what you know about them, and use that information to try to get the upper hand. With something like plundering, One doesn't need to know the other person at all, they just need to outright take.

Now despite this mentioned above, there seems to be many positive things coming from plundering still. So I'm curious.

DeletedUser114563

So for example the whole discussion on extortion shows that things that would clearly be against the law in real life is an open practise here.

This player that extorts other players, doesn't extort stronger players but obviously weaker players so then this becomes a moral issue. You've just started playing the game and you battle for a long time with goods, fps, coins and supplies then someone comes along and threatens you, that is morally wrong. It makes players hate the game strongly because extortion is 10x worst then plundering.

If on the other hand if he tries to extort stronger players they might think he's crazy and don't take it personal, thinking it as a big joke because if he attacks ( like his threat says ) he will come up second best.

DeletedUser112892

This player that extorts other players, doesn't extort stronger players but obviously weaker players so then this becomes a moral issue. You've just started playing the game and you battle for a long time with goods, fps, coins and supplies then someone comes along and threatens you, that is morally wrong. It makes players hate the game strongly because extortion is 10x worst then plundering.

If on the other hand if he tries to extort stronger players they might think he's crazy and don't take it personal, thinking it as a big joke because if he attacks ( like his threat says ) he will come up second best.
I "extort" two, or even three times stronger players than me :)

DeletedUser

Points mean nothing !!
Someone stronger then you is someone you can't beat !!

Oh yes we can and do!

Edit GvG is just less confronting as operating in a group makes one feel not the only one responsible and more safe.
Why GvG is loved by those point gainers who do not like a personal love letter and want to be nice.

Last edited by a moderator: