• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Positive Feedback about Forge of Empires

DeletedUser99588

Maybe a moderator can confirm if extortion is acceptable and not against the rules as DarkUros222 claims. Just to ensure there isn't any ambiguity on the matter.

DeletedUser112892

Maybe a moderator can confirm if extortion is acceptable and not against the rules as DarkUros222 claims. Just to ensure there isn't any ambiguity on the matter.
"Threats are only allowed when they relate to the game and not real life. For example, saying that
you will attack someone with your units if he does not give you Forge Points is allowed. However, it is
not allowed to say that you will find someone and beat him up if he does not give you Forge Points.
"

Taken from official FoE rules.

DeletedUser

Why shoudn’t extortion be allowed obviously it is!
It is highly effective although a style choice from person to person.
Daylight robberies are also very lucrative and are allowed even with profitable GB’s to encourge plundering in the most effective way.

Those jeopardized can not use the C, B or F word though or complaining in any other personal attack style we can file a ticket when they do.

Edit Tip: always attach the love letter concerned in a attachment by the ticket for further investigation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It is normal to read the manual or rules.
In fact we are obligated in order to play the game to do so.
In the rules is the answer to this very question.
It’ll avoids thar the mods have to officially react on that which in itself is short, effective and very friendly of Agent.
And as such we call that positive feetback.

Edited by Chalinna to exclude a deleted post.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser114563

An extortionist in plain and simple English is "a low-life thief". :(

DeletedUser114563

More powerful ones rule over weaker ones. Same as in real life.
Unfortunately the things you do and say in the game are basically the things you do and say in real life, the way you act in real life, you have a tendency to act the same in the game :(
So I don't really need to explain what an extortionist is again, do I ?

DeletedUser99588

Does thi mean you never read the rules?

I was hoping a moderator stating the rule would ensure there was clarity rather than the toing and froing that has occurred in other threads over something that is pretty inconsequential. Your positive input is always welcome though Agent.

DeletedUser99692

A player can offer to not plunder if you provide Fps yes that is allowed. They may even say pay me or I will plunder you daily, that too is allowed. They may not issue real life threats such as "I know where you live and will come and get you" that is not allowed and should be reported on all occasions. To report from messages click the senders avatar and then click report.

DeletedUser112892

Unfortunately the things you do and say in the game are basically the things you do and say in real life, the way you act in real life, you have a tendency to act the same in the game :(
False. For example, I am really aggressive towards neighbors in terms of attacking and plundering, while, in real life, I am nice and polite person.
Judging by your statement, people who like to play aggrressive games, like Counter Strike, GTA etc. should be aggressive in real life too, what is completely incorrect.
So, you cannot judge a person by his/her style of gameplay.
Currently in a mixed hood me FE combined with AE.
I have some nice goodies now <3
Every day somwhat closer to Atlantic Museum <3
Not sure if I place it though.
I built it. It is good, but definitely needs to be upgraded to at least level 10, as at level 1, you rarely get Double Plunder.

DeletedUser114563

This is a game so why would the rules mention extortion, if you're extorted, it boils down to a feeling of being robbed of something virtual so there is no personal harm taken.

DeletedUser114563

False. For example, I am really aggressive towards neighbors in terms of attacking and plundering, while, in real life, I am nice and polite person.
Judging by your statement, people who like to play aggrressive games, like Counter Strike, GTA etc. are aggressive in real life too, what is completely incorrect.
So, you cannot judge a person by his/her style of gameplay.

I built it. It is good, but definitely needs to be upgraded to at least level 10, as at level 1, you rarely get Double Plunder.
Yes a complex game and part of it, the extortion part, only applies to a few people saying it openly.

DeletedUser

A player can offer to not plunder if you provide Fps yes that is allowed. They may even say pay me or I will plunder you daily, that too is allowed. They may not issue real life threats such as "I know where you live and will come and get you" that is not allowed and should be reported on all occasions. To report from messages click the senders avatar and then click report.

I just love this thank you FoE

<3 We have to always behave IRL and now we can be plain rotten and get away with it <3

DeletedUser

This is a game so why would the rules mention extortion, if you're extorted, it boils down to a feeling of being robbed of something virtual so there is no personal harm taken.

If you didn’t read the rules prior to playing this game doesn’t mean RL and our beings there can be compared.
Probably reading the rules would bring people against plundering to an other game.
There are city building games in which you can advance without the ability to get attacked and plundered.
This is just FoE and here it can be done so why not?

So I don't really need to explain what an extortionist is again, do I ?

Umm, no, not even close. I surely do not go to war every day (GE) or build up troops, etc, kill tanks and supposedly the people manning them-- and so on. As well as attacking my neighbors for Towers and medals. Plunder- sometimes, and no, I do not feel bad about it. Part-Of-The-GAME.

Hmm are all the troops MEN? Women do fight. Probably much less fairly than many men. But then- THAT is a whole new topic, isn't it??

Can you proof that ? ;)

Which part? Women do fight-- been there done that- however, not in military uniform- Martial Arts. And yes, I took any advantage I could, since few females did MA when I did it- I had to fight some men in training. MA is more about balance and mental attitude than superior strength. I find that balance and planning help in FoE also- especially when fighting supposedly superior troops. (to bring this back into FoE land)