• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

plundering ... motivate a goods building

• Thread starter DeletedUser14388
  • Start date

Vesiger

Monarch
those who rush their tech get put into tougher neighbourhoods,
those who take their time to build up their infrastructure before moving on end up as the tough guys in the neighbourhoods
The alternative to 'rushing your tech', presumably, is sitting there giving your Forge Points to higher players' Great Buildings? They've got to go somewhere - they arrive at the rate of 24 a day and you can only buffer up to ten of them - and most beginners will naturally assume that they are supposed to be researching in order to fulfill the quests the game gives them, rather than hanging around trying to find a way of spilling out their unused FP...

DeletedUser105472

At the very least you should only be able to be able to attack a city with troops of that era. GvG only allows you to attack with same age troops why not PvP ? If I get plundered by same age troops then I wont feel so violated. It would make plundering harder and fair for lower age players.

DeletedUser108439

I've only been playing a short time (bout 4 months) and I have developed my own methods to avoid plundering - They work , I've only been plundered a few times and to be frank I can afford to lose the odd item . What is significant is that those who attempted to plunder me regularly now have joined my friends list or just leave me in peace . the tools are there , all u have to do is learn how to use them .

DeletedUser12400

Ok, Which 3 GBs would make negligible?
If there would still be GvG and PvP?
You think only on benefit of plunderers!
As you said, not everyone aid everyones buildings, so there would be still chance for plunder, but not so much luck for get it as without protection.
Some of plunderers don't even try to build goods buildings, coz they get all through plundering.
Cathedral of St. Basil, Deal Castle, Voyager V1.
It would kill PvP at some point because there would be no need in defensive great buildings and defending units.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch

It would kill PvP at some point because there would be no need in defensive great buildings and defending units.
Surely that would only be true if the sole point of PvP were plunder?
You don't get to plunder sectors in GvG, as I understand it, and yet an awful lot of competition still goes on...

rjs66

Lieutenant
you get points for defeating the defenders army ( just as in any battle ), if someone can't be plundered because everything can be made safe by motivating it then people won't put up defensive armies , thus no points, thus PvP will die.
so no it wouldn't be true if the sole point were to plunder, but without the ability to plunder the rest of PvP would die

Vesiger

Monarch
you get points for defeating the defenders army ( just as in any battle ), if someone can't be plundered because everything can be made safe by motivating it then people won't put up defensive armies , thus no points, thus PvP will die
I'm not sure the top-scoring PvP players are putting up strong defensive armies for fear of getting plundered by the lesser players in our neighbourhood...
I suspect they do it to prevent their rivals on the tower scoring any points off them :-)
Though I do know one who attacks people but never puts up a defensive army himself.

DeletedUser105472

Even ground fighting. You should only be able to attack a player with troops from that players era. There is no challenge in fighting someone of lesser age, and plundering them after is just adding insult to injury. This does not motivate anyone to keep playing. However I feel that same age fighting will. You can build and defend against same age troops, but not against someone who is 1 of 2 ages ahead of you. If you want points for a high age tower then you should have to earn them by fighting high age opponents, not using your troops against many lower age ones to add up.

rjs66

Lieutenant
or
perhaps you could build GBs which give attack / defence boosts
and build GBs which produce goods, they can't be plundered
collect productions on time etc..

you have been given the tools you need to succeed,
why not learn how to use them instead continually trying impose restrictions on anyone who has made progress

the game is supposed to be challenging, if someone has better stuff than you they did it by working for it, why should they be penalised for putting in the time and effort ?
by adding restrictions to everything you take away any incentive for people to make progress or bother putting the time in

DeletedUser105472

How is it challenging to fight someone who is 1 or 2 era's behind you? How is it fair to get FE tower points when you don't fight FE troops? The challenge would be to fight same age troops. I don't get attacked by people who are same age as me. I think because the chance of retaliation is much higher. Adding to the risk of high level tower points. Earn points the hard way not by beating up small players who cant fight back. Try attacking someone your own age and see if plundering still sounds like a good idea. I only get plundered by higher level players because they know that I cant fight back. They can still fight and plunder no difference accept they have to use troops appropriate to the age of the player they attack. If you want to attack a player of a higher age then that's on you. Take your best shot and good luck.

rjs66

Lieutenant
i fight people of the same age ( i have completed the future age on some worlds, on others i am still working my way through the tech),
on some worlds i have successfully defended against attacks from same age or in some cases higher age players.
i have also successfully attacked future era defences using contemporary units.

the challenge is in working out how to be able to do this, how to make progress,
not in complaining all the time and shouting unfair just because you can't figure out how to get ahead or can't be bothered to put the time and effort in.

this is a strategy game, develop a strategy that works, look at the structure of the game and what you have available
if you are just going to give up every time you hit a rough patch then you have missed the point of playing
the game would become very boring if you couldn't use what you have earned just because it is unfair on somebody else who hasn't yet earned it.

everybody starts the game at exactly the same level with exactly the same chance to progress, how you go about it ultimately determines how well you do.

DeletedUser101545

For me PvP with plundering is bulling
how many players attack in PvP for points and medals?
Why then plunder low age players?
same things doing bullies!
And for you greedy players, is not enough GvG, PvP points and medals also now will run Expedition for more points?
noo you need have all! :(
You're talking nonsense PvP will disappear without plundering
you only justify your poor reason for plundering

DeletedUser109096

For me PvP with plundering is bulling
how many players attack in PvP for points and medals?
Why then plunder low age players?
same things doing bullies!
And for you greedy players, is not enough GvG, PvP points and medals also now will run Expedition for more points?
noo you need have all! :(
You're talking nonsense PvP will disappear without plundering
you only justify your poor reason for plundering
Sorry... but I have had a good laugh:lol: after reading this post..

DeletedUser106696

if you take away the ability to plunder then people won't put defences up, this will kill pvp
if there is no pvp then watchfires and monasterys will become obsolete
deal castle and st basils cathedral will only be of limited use to GvG, so there will be far fewer of them built
you will reduce the options for people to earn tower points and get medals, so expansions will be harder to get
fewer medals also reduces the options in the new features being added to the game

so one little change can have a huge on the game in the long term

there are many ways to reduce the likelyhood of being plundered, this is a strategy game so you need to work out such things

I don't think there's any need to take away plunder, but how on earth can anybody defend PvP in its current form it really beyond me. We all know (even though the bullies can't admit it) that there is no realistic chance to defend against PvP while the AI acts as suicidal as it currently does. All an attacker has to do is roll up with 1 unit and 7 rouges and take what they want from all those players who have already emerged from their teenage bedroom and therefore have a life...

What's really going on there is that Inno makes a very tidy profit from selling rouge hideouts (via diamonds), so PvP will stay a help-yourself tool for those folks who not only steal from their neighbours but even pretend there's strategy around this :lol:.

Would the PvP engine fight just like the map, players could apply strategy to defend themselves, all the bullies would whinge that their rouges are suddenly useless, and Inno would make much less money on them :P.

rjs66

Lieutenant
this game is called "forge of empires" - how have empires ever been formed ?

the usual method is to go and invade somewhere and take their stuff, then invade somewhere else etc..

this game was never pitched as a city building game, that is merely one aspect you need to deal with