• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

plundering ... motivate a goods building

• Thread starter DeletedUser14388
  • Start date

DeletedUser14388

A simple answer to the plundering debate
Enable a goods building to be motivated.
Maybe just in a guild to encourage members to aid more often, and solo players to join a guild.
Goods can be plundered, at least allow them to be motivated and safeguarded.

DeletedUser101545

I agree with you,
Why not to make Aiding on goods buildings and make them safe too
Many leave because they are not able to collect them on time and there are many daily plunderers.
Not to mention that plunderers have Voyager, GB which give them boost on goods they stole.
It would be fair that players at least can protect goods with Aiding.

rjs66

Lieutenant
if you take away the ability to plunder then people won't put defences up, this will kill pvp
if there is no pvp then watchfires and monasterys will become obsolete
deal castle and st basils cathedral will only be of limited use to GvG, so there will be far fewer of them built
you will reduce the options for people to earn tower points and get medals, so expansions will be harder to get
fewer medals also reduces the options in the new features being added to the game

so one little change can have a huge on the game in the long term

there are many ways to reduce the likelyhood of being plundered, this is a strategy game so you need to work out such things

DeletedUser101545

Really?
I have all buildings but not much protection of it
who have benefit of plundering?
Only those who pay for it!
Piracy on GvG,
Piracy on PvP
even GvG is not what it used to be

DeletedUser7719

I'm going to have to agree with Rjs66 here. There would be no use of plundering if goods buildings could be motivated. The only compromise I would see if plundered buildings could be repaired (devs mentioned a long time ago this would be a thing, but it's either on hold or scrapped it seems), so plunders can take away, but the plundered may not lose out on their goods either.

rjs66

Lieutenant
you don't have to pay to play the game, or get ahead of other players
all you have to do is look at what is available and learn how to use it to your advantage

would you bother with a defence if you couldn't get plundered ?
( so yes really )

this isn't sim city or farmville, it isn't meant to be simple, there is supposed to be an element of risk
it is designed to make you think about developing a strategy and implementing it
you have to look at the game as a whole, not cherry pick the bits you like and don't like
it may not be perfect but removing the challenges from the game will kill it dead

it is just a game, it is free, nobody is forcing you to play it

at lower eras try building up goods GBs they can't be plundered, look at how many and what types of buildings you have in your city
you can have 80 in a guild and 140 friends to aid you, good city design will ensure that almost everything gets aided daily

DeletedUser106581

I agree with Tridant. PvP doesn't have to be about the plunder. I do not like being plundered so I do not plunder others - point of principle. This does not stop me doing PvP, which I enjoy. I just try to compete with neighbours on points only. But this doesn't stop the plunderers of course. I really hate my goods being plundered.

DeletedUser14388

I agree with Tridant. PvP doesn't have to be about the plunder. I do not like being plundered so I do not plunder others - point of principle. This does not stop me doing PvP, which I enjoy. I just try to compete with neighbours on points only. But this doesn't stop the plunderers of course. I really hate my goods being plundered.

DeletedUser14388

Plundering...why NOT have guild members help their unfortunate guildmates?
and let's face it, not all players will get AIDED anyway, especially in guilds hiding behind inactive players.
In one World alone inactives total over 15,600. whereas active players total approx 2,800, and from that total only just over 1,000 are active fighters. So I suggest inno are pampering to a chosen few. There is PvP, there is GvG, and soon the Expeditions. I am not even saying DO NOT ALLOW PLUNDERING... I am suggesting that guild members should be able to motivate goods buildings for a guildmate to protect against plundering. It may well be that members will still just hit the AID button anyway.
Plunderers can also hit other buildings anyway, Mad Scientist Lab seems a favourite, even houses.
A new GB even adds more salt to the wounds as it encourages plundering.
Why so many inactives? During my years playing FoE many players have expressed their total depair at trying to build goods with the constant plundering. They have left the game so they will not be on this post to express their feelings.
Quote from a player a few days ago;...... . "I'm 70something out of 70something place in my neighbourhood, But for months ...up to ten plunderings per day. ..I'm not even trying to do anything anymore, I'll better just use my time on something else for now"
It's time to help those players trying to build, and a guild is the best place to start. Allowing a motivated goods building for a guild member would encourage players to stay in the game and have fun!

rjs66

Lieutenant
by making more and more buildings safe from plundering, it will have the effect i described above
once you start off down that path then there will be more people asking for protection for other buildings and so on...
you have to look at the whole picture, what affects what else when you change something
the game is designed so that people have to log on regularly, if you protect too much they will only log on occasionally, if they feel like it today
there has to be some challenge and some incentive to play actively or the game will stagnate

everybody is given the same chance when they start, they all have the same tools, some do better than others because they are more active and / or have a better strategy

giving people more and more protection comes under "making the game easier, do not suggest" in the ideas section

you say that it would make it more fun for one group of players, conversely it might make it less fun for others if they have less opportunities to make use of the game features

you also say there are a large number of inactives, the trick there is to find active players, and get them together in a guild and on the friends lists
you need to be active and put some effort in to get anywhere in this game

DeletedUser101545

rjs66, do you have RL?
some ppls cant play game 24 hours per day and look of their buildings not to be plundered.
Like some plunderers as sitting there and just wait in any time to pick up what you produce.
In Jaims, i tried produce in different time using 8 or 24 hours producing, and always they managed to steal my goods.
So, what I needed do? Not to mention that some of them have few ages higher units.... or stronger D/A GB boosts.
And if i manage to level my GBs
I will never reach boost they already have, because how my city grow, so grow their too, but i will always be behind them.
Btw. I dont do even PvP, and if i need do it I never plunder....
And I dont care if this game is strict for GvG
How this game need fighter, it need farmers too
If fighters can be protected, then farmers need be too.
We all depend of each orher... Farmville or not this game, everyone have rights.

BTW, the game should be fun, not only breaking the head on a strategy to avoid the plunderers.
It is enough to stress in RL of the corrupt people, not fun have them in game also

Last edited by a moderator:

rjs66

Lieutenant
of course i have a real life , and no i'm not on 24 hours a day
but i look at what is available in the game, think about the best way to use what is available, and implement a strategy that works for me

i don't start complaining that things aren't fair and trying to change aspects of the game that don't suit the way i want to play,
or that somebody has better stuff than i do

when i first started playing i used to get plundered too, now less so, because i decided to do something positive about it
i've got better stuff than i started with, i might not ever have stuff as high as some other players

the game is supposed to be challenging, or there is no point to it, taking away the challenges will ultimately destroy the game

yes everybody in the game has rights, they have the right to play the game that the developers / designers produced, or not play

DeletedUser101545

Ok, Which 3 GBs would make negligible?
If there would still be GvG and PvP?
You think only on benefit of plunderers!
As you said, not everyone aid everyones buildings, so there would be still chance for plunder, but not so much luck for get it as without protection.
Some of plunderers don't even try to build goods buildings, coz they get all through plundering.

DeletedUser105472

I would like to have my buildings safe form plundering and think it would be nice. I think that you should only be able to attack a person with troops of that persons era/age. Just like gvg you have to fight with troops of that age. This sounds fair to me. This will force high age players to build troops of many ages and fight on even ground with other players.

The Tominator

Sergeant
you don't have to pay to play the game, or get ahead of other players
all you have to do is look at what is available and learn how to use it to your advantage

would you bother with a defence if you couldn't get plundered ?
( so yes really )

this isn't sim city or farmville, it isn't meant to be simple, there is supposed to be an element of risk
it is designed to make you think about developing a strategy and implementing it
you have to look at the game as a whole, not cherry pick the bits you like and don't like
it may not be perfect but removing the challenges from the game will kill it dead

it is just a game, it is free, nobody is forcing you to play it

at lower eras try building up goods GBs they can't be plundered, look at how many and what types of buildings you have in your city
you can have 80 in a guild and 140 friends to aid you, good city design will ensure that almost everything gets aided daily

couldnt have said it better myself

DeletedUser101545

I don't talk about myself, I'm anyway high age player.
I talk about low age players who give up because they can't defend against high age players
Am I clear enough?

rjs66

Lieutenant
so all the players who have been playing longer, and had to work it all out for themselves the hard way, and put the effort in to get somewhere should be penalised for that as the newer players essentially get a free ride.
when the game first came out there were no GBs , you didn't get coins and supplies boosted (except by those who manually visited every city to mot /pol ) or extra fps etc.., there were no special event buildings to help either.
the game was a lot tougher then, you either put the time and effort in or you failed big time.
you also had to collect your goods and supplies within a certain time limit or they spoiled and you lost them anyway
there was no auto battle, you had to learn how to use your military properly

offering more and more protection for those who only log on occasionally whilst effectively destroying PvP by removing any incentive to protect your city will turn the game into a purely farming game, which is not what the game is or has ever been.

those who rush their tech get put into tougher neighbourhoods,
those who take their time to build up their infrastructure before moving on end up as the tough guys in the neighbourhoods