• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Plunder is unethical

Status
Not open for further replies.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
He called you a crazed maniac. When I'm beating you in an argument you choose not to respond. Sure you're taking things on the chin.
are you beating me in an argument ? what point have you made that has beaten me in this argument ? i must of missed it ?

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
if that is how you swing that is your choice i am a women lover personaly and i only wish someone female would send me such a message. however that might be against the rules. i fail to see your logic at all in your message, its more like something a 10 year old kid would dream up in all honesty,

Last edited by a moderator:
The only argument here is that plundering is part of the game and within the rules but sending abusive messages to other players is not.

While it is not my place to say what should happen, Dax should receive some sort of sanction for that message although I'm surprised the screenshot hasn't been removed by the mods yet as posting it here also breaks the rules

Ceban

Brigadier-General
if that is how you swing that is your choice i am a women lover personaly and i only wish someone female would send me such a message. however that might be against the rules. i fail to see your logic at all in your message, its more like something a 10 year old kid would dream up in all honesty,
No, this is precisley your logic! You told plunderer should take it to the chin and not report it cause plundered one wrote that in anger, then by your logic plundered one also should take plunderer's responce to the chin and not report it cause plunderer wrote that in anger cause of his insult... that is YOUR OWN LOGIC!

Emberguard

Legend
No, this is precisley your logic! You told plunderer should take it to the chin and not report it cause plundered one wrote that in anger, then by your logic plundered one also should take plunderer's responce to the chin and not report it cause plunderer wrote that in anger cause of his insult... that is YOUR OWN LOGIC!
This ^

Anger is not a valid excuse for bad behaviour. Each person has to take responsibility for their own actions. You can’t pass off responsibility onto everyone else around you just because you’re angry. If a person had anger issues they could be made angry just because someone else smiled and said a friendly hello. Wouldn’t make abuse justified

The plunderer hasn’t done anything wrong. They’re just playing the game. If the plundered are trying to be in absolute control then of course they’re going to get angry. The more sensitive or inflexible you are to something the more you’re going to feel every tiny problem even if it would otherwise be a non-issue.

Powe

Brigadier-General
This ^

Anger is not a valid excuse for bad behaviour. Each person has to take responsibility for their own actions. You can’t pass off responsibility onto everyone else around you just because you’re angry. If a person had anger issues they could be made angry just because someone else smiled and said a friendly hello. Wouldn’t make abuse justified

The plunderer hasn’t done anything wrong. They’re just playing the game. If the plundered are trying to be in absolute control then of course they’re going to get angry. The more sensitive or inflexible you are to something the more you’re going to feel every tiny problem even if it would otherwise be a non-issue.
If only we could double like people...

Ati2

Legend
Two, @Ati2 never plundered him. It was someone else.
I guess that was just a general comment. If not, then yeah, I did not plunder him. I only plunder cities with two or fewer troops as defense. They are the ones who clearly don't even care.

Ati2

Legend
maybe the child has huge issues now from the expereince of being plundered ?.

We have a requirement in this part of the EU for going to elementary school (that's for a child who can't even read yet): they need to have a high level of tolerance for failure. If this is expected of a 7-year-old, then it is surely expected in an online game.

Emberguard

Legend
We have a requirement in this part of the EU for going to elementary school (that's for a child who can't even read yet): they need to have a high level of tolerance for failure. If this is expected of a 7-year-old, then it is surely expected in an online game.
Especially when the online game is designed towards 16+ year olds

Cuthwolf

Captain
What are your views on the ethics of taking revenge on one's plunderer? Anything goes?

Today I had someone level up my AO to stop double collection, yesterday someone sniped a GB I had on a 1.9 thread. My view is that's a disproportionate reaction and unethical.

Emberguard

Legend
I find any action done out of spite to be a unhealthy response not just because of the action but because of the mindset behind the action. Anything done in spite breeds a ongoing resentment. Now if it’s done out of good sport, just a bit of fun playing against a opponent then there’s no problem that should come out of that.

As to sniping a building or stopping double collect, on their own there’s nothing wrong with an opponent doing that to benefit their own city. The issue I’d take with it is if it’s done out of resentment or to someone you’re meant to be working with. No point in working in a group if that group is working against itself unless that’s part of the agreement

What are your views on the ethics of taking revenge on one's plunderer? Anything goes?

Today I had someone level up my AO to stop double collection, yesterday someone sniped a GB I had on a 1.9 thread. My view is that's a disproportionate reaction and unethical.
Someone levelled my cc the other day, sniping guildmates in the process and putting it out of sync with the rest of my city.

I immediately leveled theirs back as revenge, it cost me some fp but was well worth it :)

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Nothing is unethical if it is allowed or encouraged in gameplay, as plundering definitely is.

I remember back in the mists of time a player, who was a vegetarian, complaining that the game was unethical because they couldn't skip a quest to build a goat farm.

If your understanding of what a computer game is is that far out of whack, you probably should stick to colouring books.

DeletedUser

To all you plunder MOANERS
Please get a grip
And enjoy the bloody game instead of bickering
I don't care if you plunder or not
But stop your constant moaning
[ISPOILE

Status
Not open for further replies.