• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Planned changes - discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3157

With the update, points will not be recalculated, but any new buildings will have the new points value.

I have a town that consists of almost only water pumping stations for culture, ceramics factories for supplies and victorian houses for income, 3 of the huge winners out there. And I gotta rebuild it all if I want the extra points? (18k for my town personally, just calculated). As opposed to maybe someone who didn't use 20M coins and 550 inventory FPs to complete InA with 3 days? Damn that's gonna be costly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9070

I have a town that consists of almost only water puping stations for culture, ceramics factories for supplies and victorian houses for income, 3 of the biggest winners out there. And I gotta rebuild it all if I want the points?

If you remove a building, the new points value will also be removed, so please be aware of this if you are planning to make significant changes in your city.

Im guessing you won't have to rebuild anything because you won't be getting any more points because you get deducted the new ones upon deletion ;|

DeletedUser3157

So wait not only did I miss out on 18k points in InA due to upgrading too early, but when new age comes, I actually LOSE those 18k points when I upgrade my town to new buildings? Damn

DeletedUser

I really think that if you do this update, you should recalculate points, since if you're not a lot of players that worked hard to adopt InA (or actually any other era) as fast as possible will be in big disadvantage. Why did I spend diamonds on Museums so fast, and now who ever builds it after the update will get more city points? Come on... you must be joking.

With this kind of an update you're putting active (and diamond spending) users on corner and I think thats not fair and not good for the game.

There is a simple solution after all... if you change the points, you should recalculate points (at least for the buildings where there is no change in costs...)

Oh, and I don't know how can anyone have Confectionary and Graveyard from Industrial Era ? :)

DeletedUser

This is a discussion thread for the announcement here.
Can you please help me out to understand what is motivation for this decision:
With the update, points will not be recalculated, but any new buildings will have the new points value. If you remove a building, the new points value will also be removed, so please be aware of this if you are planning to make significant changes in your city.

Because looking at that list of fixes, it seems that some of us who waited and saved to get all the most efficient/costly buildings in his age are going to get penalized for it :confused:

DeletedUser

From reading the announcement, I got the impression that multiple small buildings were worth more points than fewer large buildings, and this is an attempt to balance the two.

DeletedUser

I for one no not like this update because I miss out on like around 7-10k worth of ranking points and people higher up will miss out the most.. also people who have point entry requirements in there guild will have to recalculate the entry requirements and so forth. unless everyone points get recalculated with the update this will cause more controversy because people are too used to the current point system.
however this in retro-spec is a good update for new players but experienced players will lose out. I do realise that this update is intended to improve for the point difference to building size but unless there is a recalculation it could damage the rank system i.e newer players could end up having a higher rank than active players who have played double the amount of time they have played.

:D I have thought about it and this is a beta so things will improve and change but i will leave my argument hear for record sake and what not. when the update is released people will be anoyed at first but we all but have to get used to it its the devs choice not ours. These are the joys of playing a beta game I suppose :p

DeletedUser

so once i sell all the IA buildings ive built i will lose a ton of points since i will be losing more than i gained building them?
boarding houses.. 42x59=2478 points gone
saloons.. 18x208= 3744
chemical plants.. 14x236= 3304
so not even mentioning military and good buildings, i can look forward to losing 10,000 points..

thanks innogames

DeletedUser

You wont lose the points if you sell the buildings just before the update then rebuild at the new costs. All that would happen then is youd lose the "now" value in points and the amount you dont get back from the sale. Then the cost to rebuild at the "new" point supply/gold values. So there is a way to get all the points from this, if your willing to go that route.

I agree thou, they need to back date points when ever a change like this goes into effect. I understand there is a cost change also, but points mean a lot to some ppl in this game. (im not one of them)

Diamond buildings are another matter, and when rl money comes into effect they deffinitly should include the new point values period.

DeletedUser

I'm not a HAPPY BUNNY - Never in the field of updates have I been so miffed and never have I been so miffed at an updated I have needed to comment thus!!!

What do you mean if I have already bulid a bulding it won't be updated with the new points level but if I delete it I will loose the new points level!!!
This is simply inexcusable - I appreciate that this is BETA but I saved and planed for the new age and spent my hard earned money buying diamond bulidings and now if I choose to delete them for what ever reason I will be penalised in points#

NO NO NO NO FOE team - back to the drawing board!!!!

DeletedUser

What can you do with Confectionery? If you remove, it's gone forever, and those who don't have it, can't get it anyways. Why points changed there?

DeletedUser

people who not fight much can get NEGATIVE ranking point when sell buildings. If devs not recalculate with new points after update, all rankings in all worlds not only .en will be unrealistic. this is beta yes. but why this decision?

DeletedUser

The whole points ranking system is flawed. With neighbourhoods of different sizes, people are not 'on equal footing'. This just compounds the 'joke'. If rankings and points are to mean ANYTHING, it must be equal for all, and not just a few.

DeletedUser14652

Not that I care about Rank points since it's a flawed system, but what stopping you from recalculating the current buildings? don't tell me it's impossible to do..

DeletedUser

You know what?! All aside, but the points DO matter: It shows your activity and dedication. Especially to someone who does not buy diamonds like me. I got to 170k in 3 months and got from 8000th place to 240th place in Brisgard (won't even mention guys buying the diamonds - they're hit the hardest). The game has a slow pace, lot of waiting, lot of saving, so again YES, the points mean a lot because they show you each day that even though you did nothing special and had to wait for something, that something happened and you gained a thousand or two (fight, collection, etc).
So now, all of those starting a lot after me and others like me will be just around a corner. Not because of their playing skills and dedication but because of some new system that lacks just a little good will and extra effort to correct.
I believe that we deserve that much - some re thinking from your side and as I said, some good will.
Instead this is dropped one us like nothing special, with the attitude "deal with it". And don't say "it's BETA". Beta or not, we are playing, investing time, investing money, discussing, helping, providing ideas.
Others before me gave reasonable arguments, so I won't repeat them. I will say only this:
Unfear, rude, mean!

DeletedUser

In addition to the above comments - my city building has come to a complete standstill while we wait for an answer of when wil the next update be introduced. However I won't spend any more money on diamonds unless this grossly unfair change is reviewed and exisiting buildings revalued too. While this change grossly penalises all long term and loyal players it especially and significantly more so penalises diamond users who are paying for all the updatues we so enjoy! Ever heard of the phrase - Don't bite the hand that feeds you????

Status
Not open for further replies.