• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PC vs Mobile

DeletedUser109918

I use both a PC and a Mobile device and I have found that both have there pluses. So I thought I'd make a list and post it and see what all of you think.

App shows damage over units in range that can be attacked.

PC has GvG.

*resolved= PC has treasure hunt.-thanks for making a better option with daily quests

PC can see what unit is going to attack next by hovering your mouse over the units at the bottom.

On the app you can see your guild contribution in with the gbs instead of having to go to news.

App has a skip unit button. PC you can click on the unit, but a newbie isn’t gonna know that.

Pc has access to guild forums.

*resolved= The zoom in/zoom out is a lot better on the mobile then the PC-much better with the 3rd level of zooming on pc

On the PC on the continent map the towers are much easier to click on and that goes for when moving units too.

Aid is much more responsive on mobile app than PC

On app adding fps to GBs has a better advantage. When you're adding fps from fp packs on mobile you can press the 10fps multiple times and the fps don't drop on the gb till you stop. On the pc you click the 10fp and it goes on the GB immediately. This causes issues with people on pc getting sniped by those on mobile.

PC you can see which player has posted a given trade, mobile you can't.

PC has a chat feature of some kind.

PC has collect all.

PC will allow you to see how long till a GB can be collected.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110295

Handy list - I've also noticed this as started mostly on mobile but increasingly use PC.

PC you can see which player has posted a given trade, mobile you can't.

DeletedUser653

FOE started on PC only about 3 years ago and mobile option only came out maybe 12-18 months ago. Before the official mobile app came out players used puffin app brouser as this still runs flash and hence you can do GVG from your phone, its a little bit of a pain and slow but it still works today if you want to try it.

Chat feature is based around global chat in your world (well used) Hood chat (never used) and Guild chat (very well used by good guilds, essential for GvG to co-ordinate players actions)
PC allows you to see if tavern is free to sit down without having to click player.
PC allows you to see if you can AID player without having to click player

EDIT - Thanks Vesiger I did not know that

DeletedUser109918

I think it's important to identify the differences and add some of the differences to both sides. I added your notices to my list. What collect all button are you referring to?

DeletedUser112892

I think it's important to identify the differences and add some of the differences to both sides. I added your notices to my list. What collect all button are you referring to?
To collect all finished productions in one click (you need to pay 5 diamonds for that). However, it is completely useless. It even has some huge downsides.
Mobile app does that too now :blush:
Actually, on mobile app you need to click on player in order to see if his tavern is free or full :)

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
No you can't.

Yes you can..

The fp bar on the comp had 6 options which means you can use your packs if you hit the fp bar and select any of the bottom 3 options out of the 6

On the app you only have 3 options buy with coins and diamonds, the three bottom options are missing.

Just logged in on a comp to check.

DeletedUser112892

Yes you can..

The fp bar on the comp had 6 options which means you can use your packs if you hit the fp bar and select any of the bottom 3 options out of the 6

On the app you only have 3 options buy with coins and diamonds, the three bottom options are missing.

FP bar on PC has 3 options, just went back in game to check if I am 100% right.

DeletedUser112892

Can only assume you don't have any FP packs then as you're 100% wrong

PC version
https://prnt.sc/k2y1ua

APP version
https://prnt.sc/k2y21o
Okay, maybe I am wrong.
Btw, wanted to point out to another feature PC has and mobile app doesn't have. In battle, when you hover over a specific unit in tray, you can see which specific unit it is. Very useful if enemy has more of the same units, to know which one has first turn. However, on mobile app it isn't the case.

Agent327

Overlord
Yes you can..

Again, no you can't.

You have the options, but the fp's are transfered to your bar. You can not use them directly.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
That's not showing where I said you could add to the tech directly. Want to start again or just admit I didn't actually write that? The words I typed are here for everyone to see.

There is no option on the app to bring fps directly to the fp bar same as pc. There is a work around but it means you can only use 9 fps at a time for tech and use one for gbs to bring them too the bar and it's slow work.

DeletedUser15986

That's not showing where I said you could add to the tech directly. Want to start again or just admit I didn't actually write that? The words I typed are here for everyone to see.

There is no option on the app to bring fps directly to the fp bar same as pc. There is a work around but it means you can only use 9 fps at a time for tech and use one for gbs to bring them too the bar and it's slow work.

Coincidentally, I actually recently discovered that the App can add more than one FP pack to the bar, above the 10FP limit, which is actually useful. The maximum I've added so far is 85FP (1x5FP, 8x10FP) so that's been a godsend when I've wanted to power through a research or two.

Cinnebar

Private
Our Guild has been going a long time ...

Over the years .. since GE has come in and the mobile app has taken hold, GVG action has faced attack from these game changes and just about died. I appreciate that I have not taken the time to read back on this thread.. so apologies for slamming into a convo rudely but this needs addressed, either by adding GVG to the mobile app or seperating the supplies to operate GE from guild treasury

thanks for reading