• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: "non-guild" option when setting trades

• Thread starter DeletedUser97579
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser99692

+1 to any proposal that will separate guild trade from open market but make them cost Fp as a further check to accidental trading.

DeletedUser108379

If you do not like "fair trading" do not join a guild that requires fair trading. Very simple.

Everything else could be discussed in a thread in the guild, or in the chat.

DeletedUser107476

+1 but not for reasons you gave as they are imaginary.

For example, if I was fighting in the EMA on Guild Wars, I might put up trade for EMA<->IA and EMA<->HMA goods on the market (at a fair ratio) to obtain some EMA goods for myself.

You start by talking about helping the guild with unfair trades then write that the trades would not be for guild but for yourself. As to fair ratio, in whose opinion? obviously not your guilds or would not need this new option.

Vesiger

Monarch
+1 - we have players in our guild who put up speculative trades (e.g. 30 stone for 30 alabaster) in the hopes of making a profit on the open market from soneone who really needs the goods, and there's currently no way of telling the difference between that and someone appealing for help within the guild. If actually asked for goods these players will do a completely different guild-only rate for you...

DeletedUser108326

I have been looking through the threads to find this instead of just posting a new thread.
It looks as if no-one has added anything for six months.
Skitters, above, makes the first comment that I am looking for
.. allowing people to enter unfair trades for the rest of the market and adhering to the fair trade policy.....
Most of the guilds I have seen, or been in, have problems with members trading unfairly and clogging the pages up that android users especially have trouble sifting through.
This would solve that problem in one stroke.
+1 from me.
Can we see this implemented before the game is dropped?

DeletedUser1094

+1
I'm pretty sure I've supported this idea several times in various idea-threads. :?
Should have been forwarded a long time ago, imho.

DeletedUser100065

I don't really see the point of this to be honest. If you are needing a certain aged good for guild treasury then how come you have guild members with ample of the good to take the trades? If they don't want to donate but will give you the goods then why does it matter where they came from?

Neutral (till I understand it better)

Vesiger

Monarch
I don't really see the point of this to be honest. If you are needing a certain aged good for guild treasury then how come you have guild members with ample of the good to take the trades? If they don't want to donate but will give you the goods then why does it matter where they came from?

Neutral (till I understand it better)
From my point of view, the idea is not to bring goods into the guild treasury, but to bring goods to the individual player. And the benefit is to the guild, in that profiteering doesn't get confused with intra-guild trade :-)

Tex Snoot

Private
Not as I read it, but I've occasionally been wrong :p

The second idea was about the people viewing other guild members' trades on the market - seeing which ones were posted just for their guild.
This is approaching trades from the other side - controlled by the person setting up the trades. This is a setting where you could in effect "hide" trades from your guild. For most fair trades this sounds like an odd idea - for sure - but for the purposes of bringing a certain type of goods into your guild from outside it then it seemed the most logical solution.
+1 I like the idea because I've also tried trading on the open market, where my ratio between goods of 1 age is not the obligatory 2 for 1 deal. Since most guild members only believe that 2 for 1 trading is fair - because that's what they've been told - I've been shot down in flames. This is because guild members can still see my trades in the 'guild-only' list, even though I did not list my trades as 'guild-only.'

DeletedUser

Question about the proposal.
Will this mean we are going to see a wild global market eventually in sense of “unfair” trade offers?
Why I ask is that as currently is guilds often have rules and regulations for market offers which is why the global market can find fair deals as well (i.e. smaller guilds).

If this opens a door for a lousy global market I am not sure about it.
At least as currently is there is some sort of moderation about offers from out of the guild.

While the OP clearly has pure intentions I fear a floated market with loads of unfair traits as a result which people can do in a more secretive way if this idea would come to life.

Although I sympathize with the idea of the ability to not bother guildies with some offers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.